GDT-Tire fire vs Bombers

Nolby

compared to NIchols, how bad can Streveler be? I mean seriously, in the last 3 games we are 2-1... during those games Nichols has thrown for 169, 177, and 179 yards... last night he was 10 /12 and 179 yards... 2 of those passes alone accounted for 104 yards...  not knocking Nichols, just saying that we have a good support for the O from teams and the D... surely Streveler can duplicate close to the passing numbers and we have to know that he'll make up the difference with his feet, and maybe more...

Just now, 17to85 said:

The concern with streveler until proven otherwise is the turnovers and can he do enough to offset that.

that's fair... but considering he will have a chance to work with the first team and possibly get a better game plan, with the advance warning he may just settle in and be fine...

the long and short of it is, we can all sit here and speculate, let's give him a chance to be a 1 before we decide if he can be or not...

1 hour ago, 66 Chevelle said:

that's fair... but considering he will have a chance to work with the first team and possibly get a better game plan, with the advance warning he may just settle in and be fine...

the long and short of it is, we can all sit here and speculate, let's give him a chance to be a 1 before we decide if he can be or not...

People are concerned that while Streveler is athletic does he have the tools to play at a high level as the starter? Can he throw accurately? Can he read defenses. Can he go through his progressions? Can he find the open man when all hell is breaking loose around him? How well does he know the offense? That's some of the concerns & we'll begin to find out next week in Edmonton.

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I don't think Streveler could have thrown the ball away even if he tried. It was eat it or throw it and Streveler made the wrong decision. That being said, 1 pass doesn't define a QB.

Almost wonder if that helmet mic problem wasn't an issue for more than just one play....  Streveler has never looked that 'off' before

I'm simply hoping they allow him to be a bit of a gunslinger.

Let him take his shots.

There was a play last night after Strevs came in where he had a shot down the field to Matthews (if he wanted it), the throw was underneath and short of the first down.  Matthews was wide open and he was none too happy when he came off the field. I say this because I pray to God they don't put Streveler in the same check down, ball control bullshit they have Nichols running week in week out.  His talents are wasted there. You're going to get good and bad if you let him play but you brought in these receivers for a reason.  Let them make plays on the ball .. let your athletes be athletes.

13 hours ago, Brandon said:

My only issue with Streveler is that sometimes he doesn't plant his foot when he throws and the ball ends up being a 50/50 ball.   I don't care that he looks for the run often ... sometimes it works. 

That can be coached out if Streveler is open to that sort of thing.

• 2 weeks later...