Around The NHL 2019/2020

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl-legend-ed-belfour-arrested-in-kentucky-on-charges-of-mischief-intoxication-1.1433951

It's okay fans will forgive him.

I love the one comment it looks like Bettman on a bender :)

I grinned at the one that remarked, based on his mug shot, he's obviously retired, rich and out of f#cks.

I wonder how much pressure is coming from above to make the playoffs even if it’s temporary.  I once read each payoff game is $2 million to the team owner. Probably more now. Plus all the indirect revenue.  

Trading assets for a pending UFA to try to limp into a first round loss doesn’t seem to make much sense.  If you want this player, offer him a deal in the off season.  

I can understand if true North is nervous about fans apathy.  They really don’t have too much to worry about in terms of season ticket sales with the large waiting list. But they don’t want to see that weaken too much. 

They obviously timed this with ticket renewals.  But honestly I’d rather miss the playoffs this year than have a disappointing first round exist.  Sure you never know what can happen in the playoffs but this team isn’t good enough on paper.  Let’s sell some players for assets. Let the chips fall where they may. Get some good picks in the draft and be active in free agency to shore up D and Center if possible.  Reload. 

and we can reload. But gambling on the playoffs risks hurting a reload and getting us closer to another rebuild.  There just isn’t any reason to trade picks for rentals this season. There arguably wasn’t a good reason last season either.  

6 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Neil Sheehy of all people providing an opinion that Thachuk didn’t need to fight Kassian. Who cares what you think fine sir who cross checked Dale Hawerchuk and ruined any chance we had beating the Oilers in the next round of playoffs after disposing the flames. Cheap shot artists should sit this one out on providing an opinion when it comes to things like this. Kindly stfu.

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Neil Sheehy of all people providing an opinion that Thachuk didn’t need to fight Kassian. Who cares what you think fine sir who cross checked Dale Hawerchuk and ruined any chance we had beating the Oilers in the next round of playoffs after disposing the flames. Cheap shot artists should sit this one out on providing an opinion when it comes to things like this. Kindly stfu.

Pretty sure that was Jamie Macoun.

On 2020-01-24 at 11:19 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

Barring an astonishing turn around after the break the jets should sell everyone not in their future plans.  Buy??? That would be insane. 

Depends if the dude has term tho.. Id give up a 1st for a 2 center or maybe 1 RHD. But id prob move Buff Kuli Perreault maybe if i can biteto beaulieu u know Roslo maybe. 

Edited by Goalie