Around The NHL 2019/2020

Sign Hamonic off season or see If Calgary would do Perreault. Sami Vatanen would be a nice pickup also. Ghost would be nice. A left side of Morrissey Ghost Samberg be strong but prob blocks Heinola. I think organizational wise, RHD are needed more. 

Edited by Goalie

Gottabehere would be a nice pick up....failing that ...write the rest of the year off....get something in the draft and sign Hamonic in the off season.....Chevy is on the clock

aka....Connor or Laine will not be leaving anytime soon

Edited by Stickem

16 hours ago, Goalie said:

Roslo. Connor. (No D ability) 

Roslovic maybe. Connor...? **** no. His supposed lack of defensive ability wouldn't justify such a move, either. The kid's here to provide offense, and he does exactly that at a very proficient level.

As for the blue line, I'm skeptical management makes any moves unless the team somehow goes on a tear this month. I think it's next season territory already, and I fully expect the Jets to take look at Hamonic on July 1st.

1 hour ago, BomberBall said:

I really felt/hoped he would retire a Jet. All signs say not. Was my #1 favorite current Jet, gave us a unique identity.

Oh well. Nothing lasts forever. He provided us with hours and hours of entertainment not to mention many great meme's.

Thank you, it was a great ride. All the best to DB and his family.

Now lets free up that cash, strengthen our team and make available #33 to any Jet who wants it.

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I really felt/hoped he would retire a Jet. All signs say not. Was my #1 favorite current Jet, gave us a unique identity.

Oh well. Nothing lasts forever. He provided us with hours and hours of entertainment not to mention many great meme's.

Thank you, it was a great ride. All the best to DB and his family.

Now lets free up that cash, strengthen our team and make available #33 to any Jet who wants it.

Well he still could retire a JET if he stays retired. Where else to go? Minnesota? Are they not old enough?

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Going down the route of contract termination versus a trade would suggest DB doesn't want to play anymore?

Or does it suggest DB wants full control over his future whether it be playing with another team or not playing at all? 

It raises questions, same as retirement vs termination.  I think its part of the negotiated settlement, to walk away.  Buff might get some money this year out of it.  Its taking some time so it must be complicated (ie. lawyers going over the fine details).  I think he has to actually do rehab to be considered for LTIR which he seemingly isnt doing.  Leaves open the potential to sign somewhere else.  He's practically untradeable at this point.