Around The NHL 2019/2020

Just now, FrostyWinnipeg said:

That's in addition to OB.

Power will carry the broadcasts, while OB will carry everything else. It's a good solution, so that we don't have worry about the CFL coverage. I still worry that it will be degraded but not while Bob is there. 

Johnson placed on waivers by Penguins for purpose of buyout.

Spezza signs one-year contract to stay with Maple Leafs.

Maatta traded to Kings by Blackhawks for Morrison.

Brown signs two-year contract with Senators after trade.

Flames bringing back classic jerseys from first season in Calgary.

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Power will carry the broadcasts, while OB will carry everything else. It's a good solution, so that we don't have worry about the CFL coverage. I still worry that it will be degraded but not while Bob is there. 

"680 CJOB now holds the exclusive radio broadcast rights for all pre-season, regular season, and playoff games - and the games will be simulcast on Power 97 as well. "

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

4 hours ago, Floyd said:

Makes zero sense to take on that contract and let deMelo walk...

Provorov and Frost - I'd think about that one

I can't imagine Philly would consider trading Provorov.

I think Frost, one of Myers or Sanheim, and a pick (1st with Myers, 2nd with Sanheim) would be fair. Myers is a lefty, but we're not exactly loaded on that side of the ice either. It would work well if we got Demelo signed.

I'm such a CJOB nerd, I'm ecstatic for Kelly and the rest of the team over there. They'll never "degrade" the Bombers. Everything will fit, otherwise they wouldn't have made this move. Curious to see if they bring over the current radio PBP team (I'm not overly a fan of them) or use their own people. Kelly is a great hockey PBP but not sure he wants to be away from home as much as it would require. Likely have someone younger do it, I'd bet. Lots of options at any rate. 

I think we should trade for Gourde from TB. We could get him for next to nothing b/c they have big cap problems, and imo he could be our 2nd line centre. He had 64 points two years ago when he was playing higher in their lineup.

We'd have him for the next five seasons. His cap hit is a little high, but not crazy, and it runs out when he's only 33.

Just now, Noeller said:

I'm such a CJOB nerd, I'm ecstatic for Kelly and the rest of the team over there. They'll never "degrade" the Bombers. Everything will fit, otherwise they wouldn't have made this move. Curious to see if they bring over the current radio PBP team (I'm not overly a fan of them) or use their own people. Kelly is a great hockey PBP but not sure he wants to be away from home as much as it would require. Likely have someone younger do it, I'd bet. Lots of options at any rate. 

Broadcasters seem to hang on for a long, long time, But, would Dennis retire? 

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Did not like Paul Edmonds. Dennis not in the equation. He was TV.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

I'd like to see somebody new do it. Not a fan of Paul Edmonds.

Now, CJOB needs to get Huss* back over there. Let Paul do the drive on TSN1290.

*I hope his recovery is going well and he can get back. 

Just now, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I think 60 games of TV > 82 radio games.

Sure, but if he still wants to do both, like he has, will he get that choice? 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

What about Paul? 

He does radio when TSN (TV) does not have the broadcasts. 

that option won't be available this year, I'd imagine. I'm betting on a new crew for radio. As others have mentioned, I'm also not a fan of Edmonds. Great guy, I have no doubt, just not a fan of his PBP. The guttoral yelling is not a style I enjoy....

1 hour ago, sweep the leg said:

I think we should trade for Gourde from TB. We could get him for next to nothing b/c they have big cap problems, and imo he could be our 2nd line centre. He had 64 points two years ago when he was playing higher in their lineup.

We'd have him for the next five seasons. His cap hit is a little high, but not crazy, and it runs out when he's only 33.

Interesting call, has a NTC though.

I'm actually stunned about this (heck I was listening to the station on the way home and apparently this had been under wraps for awhile, well I'm sure Kelly Moore is dying to do this again) I'm actually kind of happy that Power 97 will simulcast the games as well then I can give my old walkman a rest and use the FM radio function of my MP3 (yes I still use an MP3)

I'm wondering what will happen with TSN 1290 now? will it undergo another format change and go back to playing Oldies? oh who am I kidding, 90s music kind of qualifies as oldies music now, but then again back when it was 1290 FOX they were playing 80s tunes.

Edited by iHeart

8 minutes ago, iHeart said:

I'm actually stunned about this (heck I was listening to the station on the way home and apparently this had been under wraps for awhile, well I'm sure Kelly Moore is dying to do this again) I'm actually kind of happy that Power 97 will simulcast the games as well then I can give my old walkman a rest and use the FM radio function of my MP3 (yes I still use an MP3)

I'm wondering what will happen with TSN 1290 now? will it undergo another format change and go back to playing Oldies? oh who am I kidding, 90s music kind of qualifies as oldies music now, but then again back when it was 1290 FOX they were playing 80s tunes.

trying to filter through this entire gong show of a post...... but TSN radio has shown, as with CFL, they don't need the broadcast rights to create good radio. They'll do the same thing as football and have a Pre-game, Intermission, and Post-game broadcast and do just fine. They're absolutely not flipping formats.

Edited by Noeller

• Rich locked this topic