Riders @ TiCats: 2019 Kickoff

5 minutes ago, O2L said:

As someone who despises the Riders, it pains me to say this, but I’m glad they got a TD out of those BS hits by Hamilton. If Sask wins this by a small margin I hope Lawrence and Breaux are hung out to dry in the locker room. Absolutely disgusting. 

That hit reminds me too much of 2015.  Don't remember if Lawrence was involved in any of those hits on our then QB Drew Willy, but that too happened under Steinhauer's watch.

Now don't get me wrong, it's definitely Simoni L who needs to be held accountable as the perpetrator and responsible for his actions.  But seems to be something going on leading me to think Mr Steinhauer may foster an atmosphere allowing some of these.

Just now, bustamente said:

Hurl still sucks

His attempt at a tackle on that TD was hilarious. 

6 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

That hit reminds me too much of 2015.  Don't remember if Lawrence was involved in any of those hits on our then QB Drew Willy, but that too happened under Steinhauer's watch.

Now don't get me wrong, it's definitely Simoni L who needs to be held accountable as the perpetrator and responsible for his actions.  But seems to be something going on leading me to think Mr Steinhauer may foster an atmosphere allowing some of these.

It’s funny, I was kind of thinking the same thing. The fact Lawrence showed no remorse gives the impression that he’s not concerned about being reprimanded. I would’ve pulled him off for a few plays to cool down if I’m Steinhauer. 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Tuned in late. Collaros, well that didn't take long. Saw the Lawrence hit on my twitter feed. What a cheapshot. The CFL has to weed players out if they really are serious about player safety & concussions. 

The league also needs to protect players from themselves and future lawsuits, if Collaros doesn't have the good sense to retire himself, the league should declare him medically unfit to play the game.  I understand why he might not want to retire as he's being paid over $400,000 per season whether he plays or stands on the sidelines but if he can't handle any contact to the head due to previous concussions he shouldn't be playing the game.  I think the Riders will cut him prior to the end of this season and move on.