Round 2 - Game 4: Predators @ Jets

All the people I know who were casual fans prior to the playoffs are now obsessed. Many non-fans are now engaged. And the hardcore fans? They all have heart conditions. #nhljets  Bartley Kives

With someone who uses HardCore in their moniker to describe where I stand with the Bombers and Jets, Bartley Kives twitter statement above sums it up nicely. 

16 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Grit, experience,locker room presence versus speed and athleticism?

Although MH grit and experience pissed me off royally in game three. 

Sure, Hendricks has grit and is apparently a good guy in the room, but to me, he's a liability out there.  This game is just too fast for him.

Let him hang out in the locker room pregame and between periods, if that's the main reason he's in the lineup.

57 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

All the people I know who were casual fans prior to the playoffs are now obsessed. Many non-fans are now engaged. And the hardcore fans? They all have heart conditions. #nhljets  Bartley Kives

With someone who uses HardCore in their moniker to describe where I stand with the Bombers and Jets, Bartley Kives twitter statement above sums it up nicely. 

The bigger question is - will we all need liver transplants by the time these playoffs are over?  And is Gimli pumping out enough rye to keep up with demand?

34 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

The bigger question is - will we all need liver transplants by the time these playoffs are over?  And is Gimli pumping out enough rye to keep up with demand?

These playoff games for the life long hardcore fans are so intense that maybe not watching is a good thing which is ironic.

3 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

These playoff games for the life long hardcore fans are so intense that maybe not watching is a good thing which is ironic.

Last game was such an extreme of highs and lows...  from abject misery and an endless string of cursing, to untold heights of delirious joy.  Here in Edmonton, I’m sure my neighbours would have called the cops, except they knew I was home watching a Jets game lol.

14 hours ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Last game was such an extreme of highs and lows...  from abject misery and an endless string of cursing, to untold heights of delirious joy.  Here in Edmonton, I’m sure my neighbours would have called the cops, except they knew I was home watching a Jets game lol.

I live in Sherwood Park, we should move closer and really entertain the neighbors.

10 hours ago, Brandon said:

Had the chance to put the foot down ....   might be the turning point of this series. 

I agree. 

If nashville wins two straight this hangs on Maurice. Very very badly. 

They torpedoed their own fourth line. We talk about depth all season and they purposely scratch Roslo in favour of Hendricks who admits the game is too fast for him?  Bonehead decision. 

Roslo needs to be back next game. And if Perrault has at least one functioning arm, he should be considered too. 

If Hendricks is great in the room, great. Keep him there. How does being great in the room translate to being terrible on the ice. 

10 hours ago, Goalie said:

Jets look flat. No energy. Nash playing boring heavy D.. Have taken the crowd out of it completely. 

Not sure theres a comeback tonight.. They just look off. 

Yup, felt like 90's hockey. Boring. So what's Maurice and company's plan to combat their scheme? Because if I'm Nashville, I'm thinking we just drew up the perfect blueprint to beat the Jets much like that game back in January when the Wild beat us, slowed the game down, clogged up the middle, no flow.

This critical juncture in the series is where our coaching needs to respond with their own blue print in how to beat the Preds heavy D approach.