Round 2 - Game 4: Predators @ Jets

1516JETS017_MTSCentre-VS-Graphics_620x33

Thursday, CBC, SN  at 8:30 p.m.

Tagline: "Whiteout vs. Yellow Snow"

Storyline: After an epic comeback, Jets try to take a stranglehold on the heavyweight series.

Quote: “Our fans are huge.  It’s real too.  Our crowd noise is from the crowd.  It’s not from speakers, or music, or live bands, or whatever.  That’s people making noise and that goes right through your body.” - Blake Wheeler

Quote #2: “I mean, I’m not going to comment on the officiating, but..... (starts a one minute tirade on the officiating)" - PK Subban

Fun facts aplenty: The 7 goals ties an all-time Jets playoff record for one game......First ever Jets game to be played in May......First comeback from 3 goals down by any team in the playoffs this year (0-28 prior to last night), first Jets comeback from that much since the Toronto 5-4 OT win in October 2016 (Laine's first hat-trick), and first 3 goal comeback win in regulation in the playoffs since Calgary in 2015.....Hellebuyck won his 50th game of the season (regular season and playoffs combined) last night, the 31st time that has ever happened.....there are 4 other goalies (Rinne, Vasileysky, Holtby, and Rask) who could reach that mark this year, there has never been a season where more than 2 have done it in the same year, at most, 4 could all reach that mark this year when it's all said and done if the playoffs play out a certain way...he is the 6th American goalie to hit that mark, joining Barrasso, Richter (who holds the American record with 58 wins), Thomas, Quick, and Bishop.....Bernie Parent and Martin Brodeur hold the all-time record with 59 wins in one year, playoffs included.....Brodeur hit 50 wins a record 4 times, no one else did it more than twice

Poster that needs to happen behind the Predators bench for the next game:

Separated at birth -

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

13 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Could be huge. Heard armia and Kulikov Also practiced without non contact jerseys 

if perreault is back the obvious scratch is Hendricks. But what is armia is back too?

Probably Roslovic.  Normally I'd say Tanev but he's our sniper now apparently lol.  And when they're reunited the Copp/Lowry/Tanev line is a wrecking ball of a 4th line.  Need that back.  Or maybe Armia sits since Roslovic hasn't looked out of place.  Tough call.  Just get Perreault back and our bottom 6 is fearsome again.

3 minutes ago, Brandon Blue&Gold said:

Probably Roslovic.  Normally I'd say Tanev but he's our sniper now apparently lol.  And when they're reunited the Copp/Lowry/Tanev line is a wrecking ball of a 4th line.  Need that back.  Or maybe Armia sits since Roslovic hasn't looked out of place.  Tough call.  Just get Perreault back and our bottom 6 is fearsome again.

Roslovic hasn't been great and he took a bad penalty that cost us a goal last night.  I'd take him out for Armia in a heartbeat.

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

Roslovic hasn't been great and he took a bad penalty that cost us a goal last night.  I'd take him out for Armia in a heartbeat.

Never said he's been great.  He's done alright in forechecking and creating a few chances this playoffs.  He's even been pretty good on the backcheck.  Not too shabby.  I didn't see the penalty but I'll take your word on it.  But Roslovic's not the first Jet this playoffs to take a bad penalty.  And being stuck on the 4th line with Hendricks these past few games isn't helpful.  But I tend to agree with you, Armia should go in for Roslovic if he's healthy.  Bigger and harder to knock off the puck and has more offensive upside. 

What happens if and when Kulikov is healthy?  Hard to sit a healthy $4.33M cap hit but just as hard to sit Chariot at this point.  Good problems to have when we're healthy.

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

Yeah I have no problem with Roslovic but if the question is whether you take him out for Armia... I wouldn't even think twice.

Yes. You do. PLA started the playoffs together. 

Edited by Goalie

10 minutes ago, iHeart said:

I don't understand why the game is at 8:30. Granted I don't work on fridays but I'm pretty sure everyone else who wants to attend the white out party probably will be working the next day

League wants a double-header on TV without overlap, so Winnipeg becomes a Mountain time zone team for the night (at least it's not Pacific). 

2 hours ago, Brandon Blue&Gold said:

Roslovic gives them another option on the power play, Armia gives them another option on the penalty kill. If Perrault is back, then he slots into the 2nd PP unit with Little, Connor, Ehlers and Myers (you could even sub in Trouba, Enstrom, Morrissey or Chariot and run 3 forwards/2 defence instead of their usual 4/1), so I think If Perrault is back Roslo becomes expendable on the man advantage and is easier to pull out than Armia. Plus Maurice has been sheik ding the rookie a bit in the playoffs so far (only a bit over 8 minutes of ice time yesterday), so I think Armia puts the coach at ease more. 

16 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Could be huge. Heard armia and Kulikov Also practiced without non contact jerseys 

if perreault is back the obvious scratch is Hendricks. But what is armia is back too?

I hope Perreault makes it through at least one game in this series.  It seems that whenever the going gets rough, Perreault gets going, to sick bay.  Followed pretty quickly by Enstrom.

Not sure how you can insert Kulikov back into the lineup even if he's healthy... Chiarot has really found his game

Enstrom will probably be hurt by then so that could work

Kind of a shame that Morrow has to sit now too - he was playing a nice solid game too

30 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Not sure how you can insert Kulikov back into the lineup even if he's healthy... Chiarot has really found his game

Enstrom will probably be hurt by then so that could work

Kind of a shame that Morrow has to sit now too - he was playing a nice solid game too

They've been sheltering Chiarot a bit in this series.  He only got 17 minutes in the double OT game and 11 minutes on Tuesday.  I don't disagree that his game has improved a ton, but I get the feeling if Kulikov was ready they wouldn't hesitate to get him back in the lineup.

Sit Roslo, Hendricks, insert Perreault third line, Armia fourth line.

Keep Chiarot in lineup even if Kulikov is good to go.

Far too much rust on that man and Chiarot for the most part hasn't been out of place plus need his aggression.

Or do whatever, because our depth seems to be really kicking a@@ this year.