Fire Richie Hall !!!! DISGRACE COACH

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Its more sad when ppl ***** about the D coach in a game where the D shut the lions down completely minus garbage time. 

I called out Lapolice today for not calling more deep route plays that featured receivers other than Lankford, and allowing the opponent to key in on Harris.  But you gotta finish games as a D-coordinator, not go into silly passive mode.  So I'm calling him out for it.

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

U guys keep bitching about irrelevant things. Ill enjoy the fact They won and clinched a playoff spot. 

It was good to win, but it was a costly one.  And as SpeedFlex mentioned, in this game, garbage time isn't always garbage.

I only hope we get Dressler back against Toronto and see Lankford get dumped off this team.  Or better yet maybe Lapolice should run him on that sweep play that Dressler gets hurt on because Stankford is expendable.  Sick of seeing that clown in a bomber uniform, the honorary uniform that Milt donned.

The defense was great for the most part, but the final few minutes of the game were a let down.  Giving up two TDs in less than two minutes is pretty weak even if it is "garbage time."  For the poster who keeps chiming in with the garbage time rhetoric, need I remind you that there have been at least two games this year (that come to mind) where the defense gave up two quick scores late in the fourth quarter forcing the game into overtime - one against Glen and the riders and another against Durant of all quarterbacks and the Als. 

I can't help but feel if the Bombers were up by two scores instead of 3 in this one that they still might have given up those 2 TDs late anyways.  I also can't help but feel it's not entirely Hall...probably a good portion of it is his fault, but a good portion of the blame lays at the feet of the defenders.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Adams is done for the year, no question. Lucky that Dress should be good to go next week...he'll be a big target (ironically...)

Dressler wasn't his 2016 self this year, so I don't know how much help he will be. Probably better than Lankford, though.

1 minute ago, blueandgoldguy said:

The defense was great for the most part, but the final few minutes of the game were a let down.  Giving up two TDs in less than two minutes is pretty weak even if it is "garbage time."  For the poster who keeps chiming in with the garbage time rhetoric, need I remind you that there have been at least two games this year (that come to mind) where the defense gave up two quick scores late in the fourth quarter forcing the game into overtime - one against Glen and the riders and another against Durant of all quarterbacks and the Als. 

I can't help but feel if the Bombers were up by two scores instead of 3 in this one that they still might have given up those 2 TDs late anyways.  I also can't help but feel it's not entirely Hall...probably a good portion of it is his fault, but a good portion of the blame lays at the feet of the defenders.

i would normally agree, but he's been notorious for going into that prevent nonsense over the course of his tenure everywhere.

Yeah, I like the Stamps Noeller, so what? I live in Calgary. I coached with former Stamps. Dave Dickenson was very instrumental as was Jim Barker in my son's development as a qb. Both those guys didn't have to spend 5 minutes with my son but they went out of their way to help him improve. You always bring the Stamps up. I have a soft spot for the team as they were good to me & my family so they're my second team. Like what is the point? You saying  I'm not a Bomber fan? If I wasn't a Bomber fan I wouldn't be here. I wouldn't have stuck by this team during the losing years. I'd have chucked the team like that fan in Edmonton who used to post here. He didn't like the losing so he quit. Well, **** him. I didn't so that. Don't even begin to question my loyalty to this team for some cheap political points with some posters who know squat about me. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Iso -- there is nothing wrong with you liking the Stamps. One of the reasons I like and respect you a lot is the fact that you're a Stamps fan who actually knows something about football. That's a very good thing! Let us worry about the Bombers and we'll see you in a few weeks!

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Iso -- there is nothing wrong with you liking the Stamps. One of the reasons I like and respect you a lot is the fact that you're a Stamps fan who actually knows something about football. That's a very good thing! Let us worry about the Bombers and we'll see you in a few weeks!

Thank you. I love the Bombers. Been my team for 52 years... I like the Stamps. But they'll never replace my love for the Blue & Gold. They are special. 

24 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

i would normally agree, but he's been notorious for going into that prevent nonsense over the course of his tenure everywhere.

We were up big against BC in the WSF last year and collapsed late and lost. We were up big against BC in the first game against them this year and collapsed late and lost. We were up big against BC in this game and collapsed late and barely won. No, no, it's irrelevant. What's wrong with you?

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I seem to  remember we beat Montreal in garbage time back in August. Maybe we should give back those 2 points as winning points were scored in garbage time & don't count. They were irrelevant.  Why are you bitching about people complaining about the defense? We have bigger problems like injuries to overcome. 

Difference is the Bombers were down by 2 touchdowns not 3. The D let em work it slowly down the field sure, and ideally they don't want that to happen but there was no time for the lions to come back unless they got all the way in one or two plays, and the whole idea with their laying back on D is to take that away. So your comparison is terrible. 

55 minutes ago, J5V said:

We were up big against BC in the WSF last year and collapsed late and lost. We were up big against BC in the first game against them this year and collapsed late and lost. We were up big against BC in this game and collapsed late and barely won. No, no, it's irrelevant. What's wrong with you?

bullshit. If BC had recovered a ball and just run out of time I'd have been more inclined to agree but the Bombers easily recovered both onside kicks, BC was never coming back in that game. 

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Difference is the Bombers were down by 2 touchdowns not 3. The D let em work it slowly down the field sure, and ideally they don't want that to happen but there was no time for the lions to come back unless they got all the way in one or two plays, and the whole idea with their laying back on D is to take that away. So your comparison is terrible. 

Points count no matter how much time is left. 

15 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

bullshit. If BC had recovered a ball and just run out of time I'd have been more inclined to agree but the Bombers easily recovered both onside kicks, BC was never coming back in that game. 

LOL! There never should have been any onside kicks. You only get to try those after you've scored a TD!

Of course, that one of those onside kicks likely cost us our best defensive player for the season is also irrelevant.

Richie Hall and his prevent defense is a complete and total disaster and today was no exception.

Edited by J5V

1 minute ago, J5V said:

LOL! There never should have been any onside kicks. You only get to try those after you've scored a TD!

Of course, that one of those onside kicks likely cost us our best defensive player for the season is also irrelevant.

they were down by 3 TDs.  Prevent defense and they wasted all sorts of time trying to come back and never got the required big plays or onside kicks.