Cats at Bombers GDT

Nolby

Just now, Goalie said:

They lost to Montreal. That was the only comparison i was making. Sometimes good teams lose to bad teams. 

This is a very good offensive team. It's been a bad defensive team all the years O'Shea has been here. We've never had a DC capable of ever building a great defensive team. Until that happens this will never be a great team. 

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

This is a very good offensive team. It's been a bad defensive team all the years O'Shea has been here. We've never had a DC capable of ever building a great defensive team. Until that happens this will never be a great team. 

10 and 4 is a pretty damn good record. 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Okay.

Dont pretend it isnt. I never said we were Calgary... But as it stands we are 2nd best... But.. Once playoffs roll around.. All bets are off.. A team who was 8 9 and 1 won the Cup last year. Never said our D was good either.. They arent.. They are 8th ranked in a 9 team league.. They are awful and will be our downfall

Edited by Goalie

Just now, Goalie said:

Dont pretend it isnt. I never said we were Calgary... But as it stands we are 2nd best... But.. Once playoffs roll around.. All bets are off.. A team who was 8 9 and 1 won the Cup last year. 

We'll go absolutely nowhere with this defense. So, 10-4 projected to finish second  gives another week after the regular season & then it'll be over. That'll be it. We all see it. We all know what the problems are but do the Bombers themselves? 

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We'll go absolutely nowhere with this defense. So, 10-4 projected to finish second  gives another week after the regular season & then it'll be over. That'll be it. We all see it. We all know what the problems are but do the Bombers themselves? 

Obviously they do but u not gonna fire the DC with 4 weeks left. Listen.. They **** the bed tonight.. It happens but the last 2 weeks they held their opponents to under 20 both games... Tonight they royally sucked... Big step back for the D but they have shown they can step up when it matters... Tonight the whole team sucked. Its not like Edmonton BC or Sask are some sort of elite super teams. 

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Lol! "We all know what the problems are but do the Bombers themselves?". I'm about to make up a word. That's the most forumy thing I could have possibly read.

Just now, Goalie said:

Obviously they do but u not gonna fire the DC with 4 weeks left. Listen.. They **** the bed tonight.. It happens but the last 2 weeks they held their opponents to under 20 both games... Tonight they royally sucked... Big step back for the D but they have shown they can step up when it matters... Tonight the whole team sucked. 

I don't say they fire Hall now but I'm skeptical he is fired in the off season. 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't say they fire Hall now but I'm skeptical he is fired in the off season. 

Why cuz u think oshea doesnt fire ppl for some reason like etcheverry and bellefool just quit or something or pat tracey. 

I mean really... The writing is on the wall. 

Edited by Goalie

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

He's pretty loyal. I hope something is done. 

Hes fired 3 coaches before. This hes pretty loyal thing is just made up... All coaches are loyal... Its what they do but if he has to send him packing to WIN... He will..

Its about Winning. Not loyalty. 

Tonight's outcome was hardly shocking.  All season long a very steady, effective, if unspectacular offence led by a quarterback with who is certainly the best, statistically speaking, in the CFL this year  has propped up a bad defense. Our offence has been good enough to sometimes even make our bad defence almost look average,  although mostly not quite. 

So, when we lose that very effective quarterback there is suddenly no one left to bail out the defence and it is shown for what it is… Fully exposed.  It is a defence that virtually always gives up massive yardage, both pass and run as well as huge tracts of time of possession,  and a lot of points. 

The most alarming thing about all this,  though, isn't the fact that this repeats itself week after week (which, make no mistake, is alarming) but rather the way the blue bombers seem determined to drink their own Kool-Aid on this.  Last week, for example, MOS goes on and on about what a spectacular game the defence played.

The defence was good in the first half last week but still gave up over 430 yards… That is not a spectacular showing, no matter what the coach says.   Yes, even if Chris Randall makes a hell of a play to clinch it. 430+ yards is still 430+ yards!

The fact that coach and others in the organization continue to insist that they don't care about yardage or points surrendered makes no sense. Just like it makes no sense to claim that you  actually prefer to work with a middle linebacker who makes almost no impact plays because, after all, "he does what we want him to" and he "mugs up to the line."

No, the bombers have had success this year in spite of the defence not because of it. The offense's overall prowess has served to paper over the massive blue bomber defensive problems, but actually only to the blue themselves  (and their most devoted blinder-wearing followers who confuse uncritical adulation with support).   Until MOS and the blue bomber brass accept there is a problem and set about doing something to solve it, we will  not end the 27 year sojourn in the wilderness. 

And that makes me sad. Because I really love the bombers. And I think the offence and guys like Nichols and Harris and Leggett  are certainly good enough to be champions and deserve more. 

Edited by deepsixemtoboyd