Is it time for Davis...

Floyd

16 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Has jones every ponied up for an imp qb or other wise though?  Maybe if his name was franklin. 

Well, he paid a bit for Adams, but not huge.  IIRC he made a trade for the that QB from Toronto last season, name escapes me, where the one Canadian (Sewell??) retired instead of reporting.  I can't recall what the trade was exactly, but I remember it included Lemon, which was a pretty big deal IMO.  

11 hours ago, Brandon said:

billymadison.jpg

" At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.”

one of my favourites!

Edited by Mark F

16 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

not that I think Davis would fetch much, I think if Glenn is out for any significant time they will be eye balling Collaros. Just my opinion.

As far as Davis being an imp goes,  doesn't really matter since he's a QB the bigger issue would be the rider losing a decent starting NI which Davis does not replace. Plus the salary is one the bombers could not carry without shedding like 1 or 2 salaries elsewhere. Just not worth it for either team

I tend to agree with this.  If they go after someone I would think it would be "Jones' Guy" Franklin or Collaros.  Conveniently, they are in Hamilton next week are they not? lol  In those situations it is one of his guys who has done a little and shown promise, and the other is a guy who I think was just in a really bad situation.  Collaros is, IMO, still a pretty good QB.  I don't think any team would have any interest in him via unless he renegotiated that contract though.  Would you pay him 520 per, I believe all base?

I would think if they try to move someone it will be that St John, but at this point would anyone put value on him?  Seems like a bust.  

Adams got a fair bit of hype coming into the league and while from what I saw of him I am not really buying it despite a few wins.  He just seems to have ugly mechanics from what I recall in Montreal, but his mobility is crazy.  If there was a trade to us for him I would be interested in a QB swap though (no, not for Nichols lol)

I think people are forgetting that Hamilton is still in the playoff race by virtue of the weak Eastern division. Right now, they're 4 points out of second place with a game in hand on their entire division. Not saying I think they'll turn it around - just that their coaching staff probably shouldn't write off this year just yet. If Hamilton traded away Collaros and Masoli goes down, who do they turn to?

Their current 3rd stringer is Everett Golson.

2 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

I think people are forgetting that Hamilton is still in the playoff race by virtue of the weak Eastern division. Right now, they're 4 points out of second place with a game in hand on their entire division. Not saying I think they'll turn it around - just that their coaching staff probably shouldn't write off this year just yet. If Hamilton traded away Collaros and Masoli goes down, who do they turn to?

Their current 3rd stringer is Everett Golson.

For Hamilton to get back into it in the East, they're going to need help in a few places.

If I'm Hamilton, I risking it and trading Collaros for talent and a draft pick. You take the chance you can keep Masoli healthy.

If the Riders come with a good offer, you take it. When the offseason comes around, teams might not offer you as much when they're sober and thinking rationally.

I might be in the minority here but I'd like to try and keep Davis and develop him as insurance.  In this league, having a reliable backup just can't be stated enough, and I'm not certain the Blue brought LeFevour in here for the long-term.  Obviously I hope Nichols never is out for any significant period, but unfortunately it's always a possibility in this league.  I'd say if Davis does want to showcase his talent to one day becoming a starter on a team, keep him here so when the time does come, he can showcase what he has to any interested parties because right now I don't think too many teams are going to be taking a heavy risk on him.

3 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

I might be in the minority here but I'd like to try and keep Davis and develop him as insurance.  In this league, having a reliable backup just can't be stated enough, and I'm not certain the Blue brought LeFevour in here for the long-term.  Obviously I hope Nichols never is out for any significant period, but unfortunately it's always a possibility in this league.  I'd say if Davis does want to showcase his talent to one day becoming a starter on a team, keep him here so when the time does come, he can showcase what he has to any interested parties because right now I don't think too many teams are going to be taking a heavy risk on him.

I don't think many around here disagree with this approach. The post was in jest. No one is trading for Davis. Why would they?

It will be interesting to see what Davis does when he does get in.

38 minutes ago, JCon said:

For Hamilton to get back into it in the East, they're going to need help in a few places.

If I'm Hamilton, I risking it and trading Collaros for talent and a draft pick. You take the chance you can keep Masoli healthy.

If the Riders come with a good offer, you take it. When the offseason comes around, teams might not offer you as much when they're sober and thinking rationally.

depending Glenn's health, If the rider sought out Collaros, I'd offer Hamilton Bakari Grant and JSJ with the stipulation Hamilton pays whatever difference there is between Grant and JSJ's remaining salaries and the 223K remaining for collaros (assuming none was paid upfront). IMO that is the best trade for both clubs, as Grant seems to be disappearing behind Carter, Roosevelt and Holley and JSJ has already been passed by Bladek

2 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

depending Glenn's health, If the rider sought out Collaros, I'd offer Hamilton Bakari Grant and JSJ with the stipulation Hamilton pays whatever difference there is between Grant and JSJ's remaining salaries and the 223K remaining for collaros (assuming none was paid upfront). IMO that is the best trade for both clubs, as Grant seems to be disappearing behind Carter, Roosevelt and Holley and JSJ has already been passed by Bladek

That's an interesting trade. The key to making that work is the money. Without the money, I'm not sure the Riders would make that offer. JSJ still has a lot of value, no?

But that certainly ticks the boxes for both teams. Legit number one starter for the Riders and O-line help for the TiCats.

Edited by JCon

1 minute ago, JCon said:

That's an interesting trade. The key to making that work is the money. Without the money, I'm not sure the Riders would make that offer. JSJ still has a lot of value, no?

Not sure about a lot of value anymore, at least in Sask. Jones has been pretty public about his concerns with JSJ's conditioning, and if you add in the hold out last year, and the fact Bladek sees more reps than him, whether or not he's traded I think he goes to FA next year regardless. So at this point he's more of a bargaining chip than anything for the riders, that has to have serious consideration in any package they try to put together if they look for an immediate QB relief.

But it could all be for not, some rider fans say they've seen Glenn since the game signing autographs and stuff so his hand could be fine. I was very tempted to post

Image result for red card

but I probably would have got banned lol

21 hours ago, JCon said:

It's the Riders we're talking about here, I don't think that's ever the case. As for Hamilton, they still have 2 games against Montreal, so they could win the season series there. They also still play Toronto and Ottawa once more each and right now the Ottawa/Hamilton series is split 1-1. The wheels haven't come off for them just yet, but they'd certainly need to start stringing some wins together. Does anyone know how many years are left on Collaros' contract? I agree trading him away if he's gone in December, but I'd be hanging on to him otherwise. I've seen too many Bomber seasons go down the drain because we had a backup that had a pulse and nothing else.

2 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

It's the Riders we're talking about here, I don't think that's ever the case. As for Hamilton, they still have 2 games against Montreal, so they could win the season series there. They also still play Toronto and Ottawa once more each and right now the Ottawa/Hamilton series is split 1-1. The wheels haven't come off for them just yet, but they'd certainly need to start stringing some wins together. Does anyone know how many years are left on Collaros' contract? I agree trading him away if he's gone in December, but I'd be hanging on to him otherwise. I've seen too many Bomber seasons go down the drain because we had a backup that had a pulse and nothing else.

Collaros is signed through 2018.

The TiCats are going to have take a chance and add talent. It's now or never for 2017. Collaros has not worked so far in 2017, why trust him as your back-up?

On 9/11/2017 at 9:16 AM, USABomberfan said:

My guess is you are actually in a the strong majority with this opinion...