IN CASE YOU MISSED IT...

Mr Dee

AFTER WEEK 11 -

Bye - BC Lions

?‍?In Hamilton they long for the days of co-ordinators Tommy Condell and Orlondo Steinauer.

?‍?Seems to me that curling in August isn't going to catch on very well?

Esk’s Staff - Duke Williams catching six passes for 101 yards, the Esks extended their streak of having a 100-yard receiver to 10 consecutive regular-season games 

CFL News - #Redblacks draft pick, DL Mehdi Abdesmad signs with Bucs  3downnation

CFL Headlines - In a poll released Monday morning, Montreal Alouettes quarterback Darian Durant ranked as Saskatchewan's most liked person, followed closely behind by Sask.-born comedian Brent Butt. http://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4264858

#Ticats @ticatmitchell on Art Briles: "We underestimated the tsunami of negativity." #CFL

CFL News - "I'd still like to ask him (Kent Austin) behind closed doors, was it a jump or were you pushed?" - @MiltStegallTSN #CFL via @TSN1200

Eventually I think he (Austin) will be doing that (coaching). Of course, it won't be in Hamilton - @MiltStegallTSN #CFL #Ticats via @TSN1200

David William Naylor -So ... after Art Briles, what would reaction be to Johnny Manziel, who cut deal with prosecutors to dismiss domestic violence charge in '16?

?‍?A Day in the life of a Coach, or in Briles case, well, exactly that…

Matthew Cruz CFL.ca  memorable made-for-TV moments from this season.

1 Diversity is Strength T-shirts

2 Karen Kuldys misses one million dollars - on a penalty call.

3 Nic Lewis passes(receives actually) Geron Simon for the most receptions.

4 The punts. First, it was Ryan Lankford, then it was Boris Bede, then Lankford again. You don't see that in ‘Mercian football

5 SJ Green 10 receptions 210 yards (with 5 over 20 yards)

6 Duron Carter’s one-handed TD catch

7 O’Shea’s special teams kick to Miller on a fake FG. Sneaky

8 Gainy’s 4 interception day.

9 Week 1 Grey Cup rematch…ends in a tie.

10 60 points for one team, 1 for the other.

11 Bomber’s epic comeback from 12 points with under 2 minutes to play

Blue and Gold  CFL - CFL.ca writers made up their all-star teams today & their consensus team feat. 3 members on the #Bombers o-line. Oh how times have changed

-Of the 41 games played so far this season, 24 of them have been decided in the final three minutes. 

CFL Headlines-  Goossen: Bombers players are better, closer, since O’Shea’s arrival

-Bryan Hall cut along with two others from Stampeders goo.gl/fb/4548Zy #Stampeders #Stamps

Steve Patterson - I assume  Air Canada gave up naming rights to Leafs/Raptors arena because they couldn't sell more tickets than there are available seats.

Steve Daniel has been the head CFL statistician since 2007. He tracks general numbers to the most obscure ones through every 60 minutes of football during the season. And Daniel is fascinated by the trends he's seeing in the game this year, especially when it comes to the changing offence.

"The rushing carries per game is the lowest it has ever been in our history and by quite a large margin," he says.

"In the last four years it's absolutely plummeted and I don't think that trend is going to stop."

"The raw number of pass attempts right now is around 75 per cent per game. That is the highest since what used to be referred to as basketball on grass with Flutie and Austin. Basically all of our passing records date back to that time for yardage."

If there are two stats Daniel says fans should keep their eyes on to predict winners and losers for the rest of the season, it's the turnover ratio and second down conversion.

"Those are really two of the most important numbers," he says. "Numbers aren't everything but they do tell a story. I've confronted coaches who have confronted me. If you provide them with those numbers, it's surprising how much they use them." - http://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4270054

CFL News - #Ticats remain keenly interested in signing @JManziel2 and Manziel remains keenly interested in playing for Ticats - @ProFootballTalk #CFL

?‍?Ticats say they aren't really shopping Collaros, Riders say they've been called. Stay tuned.

?‍?Kevin Glenn says Regina has the loudest fans. Says that if he'd been asked that in Winnipeg…he'd lie. http://fw.to/oUKj9cU

Ryan Phillips - As I watched the Montreal vs Ottawa game I wonder how long this is gonna keep up? Same guys getting beat but they continue to play. ??smh

CFL News - #AlsMTL saddled w/ 35-year-old making reported $400K, and no reason to believe Drew Willy provides better option. - @HerbZurkowsky1 #CFL

Mike Sawatzky - Agent for LB Andy Mulumba says "CFL is a possibility" for recent #Rams cut. Mulumba was #Bluebombers No2 overall pick in 2013. #WFP

WPG Free Press - Bombers eye Mulumba, still in talks with NFL

Rouge a Radio - Our power rankings very well could Be 

1. #Stamps

2 TBD

3 TBD

4 TBD

5 TBD

6TBD

7. TBD.

8. 7 other teams

9. #TIcats

Dave Dawson - The #Eskimos have 2 games vs #Calstampeders left, 1 IN Regina and 1 vs #Bombers. Boy, at this rate could they finish 5th in West?

?‍?Stupid Headline - MASSIVE FALLOUT FROM LABOUR DAY CLASSIC 2017 rodpedersen.com/2017/09/massiv… via rodpedersen

Randy Turner - I'm beginning to think Riders fans believe Gainer is an actual giant gopher. You know, as opposed to a human being wearing a costume.

?‍?Really irritating…makes you want to spit -  TSN cameras caught several of those injured Roughriders openly laughing and smiling while leaving the field after being examined by medical staff.

Dave Campbell - Average start position for the #Eskimos is the 29 yard line. 40 yard line for the Stampeders. #CFL

?‍?Coming up next, highlights of the Bomber’s game on Sunday”…………………………….

?‍?I know what I want for the Bomber’s defence…2000 lbs. That's right - one ton. One single ton. Is that asking for much?

Derek Taylor - Adarius Bowman targeted 7 times through 3 quarters. 3 catches for 23 yards. Tough slogging against that Calgary coverage.

4343_A9_EB-06_D5-4_D6_B-_B9_C9-_C5870264          B1223_C92-_B27_B-4_B91-9954-_E4978_B579_

?‍?It's a Bomber fan’s hard task - to not be proud of the Bomber linebackers..it doesn't seem right.

Devin Heroux - The @CFL Commissioner is now delivering pizza slices to game day staff and journalists in the press box. This great Canadian game.

Derek Taylor. - Underplayed fact:

@UCLAkp7 has not missed a convert for the Bombers! I think it's up to 69 in a row!!!

Drew Edwards - For the first time this season, there is music in the #Ticats locker room after a game.

?‍?Looks like the shift is on to feature Brandon Banks over Luke Tasker.

Quote June Jones - “If I was going to sacrifice anything, I’d sacrifice for speed,” says Coach Jones.

Argos - "We're a good football team that's not playing good football." - Coach Trestman    #Argos #CFL

WEEK 12

Montreal @ BC - Friday

Saskatchewan @ Winnipeg - Saturday 

Hamilton @ Ottawa - Saturday 

Calgary @ Edmonton- Saturday 

Bye - Toronto 

IMG_0691.png

Western Division Games only:

Edmonton beat BC, beat BC, lost to Winnipeg, Saskatchewan, lost Calgary 2-3

WPG beat Saskatchewan, Edmonton lost to Calgary, BC , lost Saskatchewan 2-3

Calgary beat Saskatchewan, beat BC, beat Winnipeg , beat Edmonton, 4-0

BC beat Sask, beat Wpg, lost To Sask, lost to Calgary,lost to Edmonton twice 2-4

Saskatchewan beat Edmonton, beat BC, beat Winnipeg, lost to Winnipeg, Calgary, BC 3-3

COMING UP

Week 12 Montreal at BC - Sask. at Winnipeg - Calgary at Edmonton 

Week 13 Sask at Hamilton- Edmonton at Toronto- BC at Calgary Bye Winnipeg 

Week 14 Ottawa at Winnipeg- Hamilton at BC - Calgary at Sask Bye Edmonton 

Week 15 Sask at Ottawa - Montreal at Calgary- Winnipeg at Edmonton Bye BC 

Week 16 Ham at WPG- Sask at Tor.- Ottawa at BC - Edm. at Montreal Bye Calgary 

Week 17 Calgary at Ham - Ottawa at Sask. - BC at WPG. - Tor. At Edm. 

Week 18 Sask. at Calgary - WPG. At Tor. - Edm. At BC - 

Week 19 Mtl at Sask. - BC at WPG. - Cal at Edm. 

Week 20 WPG at Cal - Edm. At Sask. - Tor at BC

Edited by Mr Dee

Pretty decent recap of QB outings this past week and the reasoning behind same...

CFL.ca Staff

The CFL.ca Quarterback Index is a weekly power ranking of quarterbacks across the CFL. The ranking reflects recent performance, historical value, statistical indicators, team success and overall on-field evaluation.

BO LEVI MITCHELL CGY

THIS WEEK: 1 | LAST WEEK: 2

Labour Day did not produce a statistical masterpiece for the reigning Most Outstanding Player. With that said, Bo Levi Mitchell continues to play at a high level, leading the Stamps to a 39-18 victory — their league-leading eighth of the season. Mitchell and the Stampeders are a clear cut above the rest of the CFL.

KEVIN GLENN SSK

THIS WEEK: 2 | LAST WEEK: 5

If Henry Burris was 40 when he won MOP, why can’t Kevin Glenn do it at 38? An off-season afterthought for some, Glenn is playing the best football of his career, on pace for a career-high 5,460 passing yards and 38 touchdowns. More importantly, the Detroit native has helped make the Riders relevant in the West.

MIKE REILLY EDM

THIS WEEK: 3 | LAST WEEK: 1

Once 7-0, momentum has escaped the Eskimos who have now lost three straight games. Although injures have caught up to the Green and Gold, Mike Reilly isn’t totally blame-free considering the veteran has thrown all nine of his interceptions over a recent six-game span. He needs to bounce back in the Labour Day rematch.

MATT NICHOLS WPG

THIS WEEK: 4 | LAST WEEK: 3

While Matt Nichols was his usual highly-efficient self in a loss to the Riders on Sunday, his two interceptions made the difference in a 14-point defeat. Consider this a one-off as the second-year Bomber looks to bounce back in the rematch in Saturday’s Banjo Bowl.

TREVOR HARRIS OTT

THIS WEEK: 5 | LAST WEEK: 6

Better late than never for the Ottawa REDBLACKS, true, but Trevor Harris has been doing it all year. Harris piloted his team to a 32-4 win over the Als on Thursday night and also into sole possession of first in the East. The 31-year-old leads the CFL with 3,531 passing yards and 22 touchdowns.

RICKY RAY TOR

THIS WEEK: 6 | LAST WEEK: 4

Ricky Ray’s offence produced only three field goals over a span of eight quarters heading into the second half in Hamilton on Monday night. Then, the veteran got hot, completing 15 of his next 17 passes on the way to a 325-yard performance. Ray is on pace to throw for a career-high 5,683 yards at age 37.

TRAVIS LULAY BC

THIS WEEK: 7 | LAST WEEK: 7

In one of the biggest twists of 2017, Travis Lulay has claimed the No. 1 quarterback job on Canada’s west coast. Stepping in for the ineffective Jonathon Jennings, Lulay looks to steady the plane and pilot the Lions out of a mid-season tailspin that’s got them in dead-last in the CFL’s West Division.

DARIAN DURANT MTL

THIS WEEK: 8 | LAST WEEK: 9

Consistency continues to elude the Alouettes’ top pivot, who was benched in favour of Drew Willy during a 32-4 loss to the REDBLACKS on Thursday night. Darian Durant will have to be better as the Als fight for a playoff spot in a tightly-contested East Division.

JEREMIAH MASOLI HAM

THIS WEEK: 9 | LAST WEEK: 11

After 12 straight losses with Zach Collaros under centre, the Ticats turned to Jeremiah Masoli, who delivered his team a victory in the Labour Day Classic. For the first time in his career, the 29-year-old has the opportunity to take a full-time quarterback job and run with it.

DROPPED FROM RANKINGS: Jonathon Jennings (last week: 8th), Zach Collaros (last week: 10th).

That Kevin Glenn guy is playing exceptional football ? at this time...

"The Tabbies have a lot of money to spend and need at virtually every position — can they attract NFL castoffs without the incentive of a playoff paycheck? Other areas of need to keep an eye on are Ottawa and B.C. at defensive end (hello, Alex Bazzie), Winnipeg at linebacker (Jeff Knox Jr.), and Toronto at defensive back (Mitchell White). For my money, the top free agent currently available is former Eskimo Aaron Grymes, who has connections to Edmonton and Saskatchewan (via Chris Jones). Dominant halfbacks are worth their weight in gold — I expect Grymes’ agent to here from upwards of six CFL teams."

The following players are now free agents on both sides of the border:

DL Alex Bazzie BC?

DB Otha Foster Sask?

DB Aaron Grymes

DB Josh Johnson

LB Jeff Knox Jr.

P Richie Leone

WR Derel Walker  Edmonton?

DB Mitchell White Toronto?

http://3downnation.com/2017/09/05/potential-cfl-landings-spots-nfl-cuts/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+3downnation%2Fegst+(3+Down+Nation-John+Hodge)