Sheets is he the real deal?

DR. CFL

Are people getting tired off hearing the TSN blow Sheets' horn. I think reality is starting to kick in for him. He oiled up a whack of yards early on against teams with poor run defences. Then all this mathematical projection crap started. Well his numbers are now decreasing per game and while he is a good back lets calm down.

On a similar note I am also tired off one catch per game Geroy Simon for prime minister. His past days are gone. Sure he is a veteran presence but is no longer the go to guy. Donald Narcisse dragged this one catch per game streak on way to long. My stars any receiver worth his salt should get one reception per game or people should question why the guy is on the roster.

You can be the real deal and be overhyped. He had a lot of success early, but now that teams have clued in you see what the Bombers did, take away the riders run game and make them beat you in other ways. HIs on pace numbers were unsustainable just because no runningback goes through an entire season putting up that kind of yards per game without defenses saying "OK let's focus on stopping that guy"

Do I think he is a good running back?  Absolutely yes.  He is very shifty and has great vision.  Also can shed tackles.  He has great patience to wait until a hole opens up and then hits it with pretty good speed.

That said.  I don't think he is the be all-end all.  His style of running is very much predicated on a great offensive line.  The Bombers were able to disrupt his running by sending blitzes.  There were too many times where he sat back behind the line waiting for something to open up, but the blitz got to him first.

That said.  I don't think he is the be all-end all.  His style of running is very much predicated on a great offensive line.  The Bombers were able to disrupt his running by sending blitzes.  There were too many times where he sat back behind the line waiting for something to open up, but the blitz got to him first.

Which is backed up by the fact he had almost as many receiving yards as he did rushing. When he would chip a pass rusher and open up for the screen, no one was going with him because they were pinning their ears back and at the end of the day that strategy worked great. 

Well, it seems that Chris Best is a lot more important to that OL than anyone thought...  I would move Heenan back to RG if I was Sask while Best is out.

But yeah, 1200 yards by September is the real deal.  I guess the question now is more about Chad Simpson unfortunately...

Well, it seems that Chris Best is a lot more important to that OL than anyone thought...  I would move Heenan back to RG if I was Sask while Best is out.

But yeah, 1200 yards by September is the real deal.  I guess the question now is more about Chad Simpson unfortunately...

Others have disareed with me in the past, But I think Chris Best is a top 5 Gaurd in this league.