What would it take to fire a coordinator?

BigBlue

4 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

Yes they did, they outplayed us minus a small portion of the game in the 3rd quarter. 5, 2 in outs in a row in the 4th quarter and a defense made of swiss cheese? Not good enough. 

We give up way too many yards and force a couple turnovers which leads to quick points, I get it ,that's the way we're going to win. What bugs me is we will have to pull this off on a consistent basis in order to even get a whiff at a grey cup.

So even though BC played poorly in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, they deserve to win, but because we played poorly in the 4th we don't?

Just trying to understand the logic here... neither team played 100% for the full 60 minutes so how can you say that one team really deserved to win more than the other.

Same goes for our game against Montreal, both teams play well for parts of the game but we set ourselves up well to put the final nail in the coffin with no time left on the clock.

1 hour ago, Gotmilt said:

I already explained why I don't like O'Shea, his team does not play well for over half the game and somehow pulls out a miracle win, still smug and acts like they planned it out that way.

Last year when willy was struggling, seemingly the only guy who could not see that was Mike O'Shea.

Constantly strutting out Brian Brohm game after game.

I could go on.

so you are basically saying the main reason you don't like him, is his face.

cool.  glad you are basing it on something relevant.  Brohm is not a bomber anymore, clearly he learned to not keep using a bad QB.  Willy was the starter, he is the starter until he isn't.  don't get how you don't follow that concept.  Collaros is stanking it up in Hamilton,. hes still the starter.  you saying Austin is a bum coach too?  (I mean he is but still)

1 hour ago, Gotmilt said:

What part of their game was good or even better than the Als? Offence? Nope. Defence? Nope. Even Medlock got out played by Bede.

How can you possibly believe we deserved to win that game? 

As far as I'm concerned, we lost one we should have won and then we won one we could have easily lost.  The team fought hard and grabbed the win in the last seconds vs. the week before.  So they improved.  Now I'd like to see them completely blow someone out and then, hopefully,  we're rolling.

20 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

what scoring at key times and creating turn overs is how you win? Well I have something to tell you.... every team relies on those things to win. I mean seriously the stats for how strongly winning the turn over battle correlates to wins means that every team that wins relies on turn overs. 

Yeah there's areas that need to get more consistent on this team, but they're battlers and they always believe they have a chance to win, that comes from the coach and that's what makes him a good coach. 

Yup, well i'm happy for you that you're happy with these poor efforts. I see glimpses here and there but we aren't winning the grey cup so I don't see what you're all so content with.

9 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

As far as I'm concerned, we lost one we should have won and then we won one we could have easily lost.  The team fought hard and grabbed the win in the last seconds vs. the week before.  So they improved.  Now I'd like to see them completely blow someone out and then, hopefully,  we're rolling.

I don't think we actually improved, Montreal is a worse team than BC.

15 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

so you are basically saying the main reason you don't like him, is his face.

cool.  glad you are basing it on something relevant.  Brohm is not a bomber anymore, clearly he learned to not keep using a bad QB.  Willy was the starter, he is the starter until he isn't.  don't get how you don't follow that concept.  Collaros is stanking it up in Hamilton,. hes still the starter.  you saying Austin is a bum coach too?  (I mean he is but still)

Good comparison and for the record, I do think Austin is a bum. I don't think this team is good and would love the coach to at least admit they need a better effort.

They have great stretches like the third in Sask, the third in BC and the last minute this week. Yes they have a couple great drives here and there but our offence has far too many 2 and outs and Defense plays way too much bend but don't break good teams like CGY and EDM will not settle for FGs and it won't be pretty I'm afraid.

1 minute ago, WBBFanWest said:

You are entitled to your opinion, but I think 3-2 is about right for who we are right now.  If we get back a few of our key D players, we're going to be all right.  But then again, I'm a glass half full sort of guy.

Yeah 3-2 or 2-3 is exactly where I would slot them, I am not happy with what ive seen almost all season and I'm not accepting mediocrity. We've seen that for so long and I want O'Shea to say we need to be blowing teams out, not just happy we squeeked out a last minute win with an onside kick. Doing that every week just isn't realistic.

27 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

Yeah 3-2 or 2-3 is exactly where I would slot them, I am not happy with what ive seen almost all season and I'm not accepting mediocrity. We've seen that for so long and I want O'Shea to say we need to be blowing teams out, not just happy we squeeked out a last minute win with an onside kick. Doing that every week just isn't realistic.

Firstly, O'Shea will never say that, ever.  Nor should he.  He's a lot of things, but classless is not one of them.  Secondly, while I too would like blowout wins, I take 'em however we can get 'em.  we were 11-7 last year.  I expect we'll be somewhere around there again.  I want us in the playoffs and I want us to do well in the playoffs.  I think this team can do that if they play to their capabilities.  

4 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Firstly, O'Shea will never say that, ever.  Nor should he.  He's a lot of things, but classless is not one of them.  Secondly, while I too would like blowout wins, I take 'em however we can get 'em.  we were 11-7 last year.  I expect we'll be somewhere around there again.  I want us in the playoffs and I want us to do well in the playoffs.  I think this team can do that if they play to their capabilities.  

It's classless to say you need a full 60 minutes and you aren't happy with the effort even though we won?

Wow 2017.

22 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Dear Gotmilt

"We can talk about the other stuff tomorrow and fix it, but you can’t take anything away from that effort and the finish and the win and they should celebrate it tonight with their teammates because that was incredible.” – Mike O’Shea.

Confidence comes from having success. Success comes from hard work, preparation, and mental toughness. When these attributes begin to manifest in a team it is possible that the players can galvanise into a team greater than the sum of its parts. Then you've got something special. That, to me, is the HC's job. What happened last night was special. It was not a fluke. It was the right mix of confidence, hard work, and preparation. Now we get to see if it is repeatable. Next.

7 hours ago, BigBlue said:

I see MOS as a hands-off HC, not over ruling his coordinators much, if it all. I am just wondering whether its time he take a more directing approach with Ritchie Hall.

For example, DBs playing a soft 6 yards off the receivers .... can he put forward a change in strategy to Hall?

So, don't ask us. Tell us why you believe he is a hands off head coach. Don't just start topics for nothing. Have an opinion.

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Dear Gotmilt

"We can talk about the other stuff tomorrow and fix it, but you can’t take anything away from that effort and the finish and the win and they should celebrate it tonight with their teammates because that was incredible.” – Mike O’Shea.

Incredible 1:40, the rest? Bad IMO.

Durant- average QB. Torched our sorry defence.

Offence gets out gained almost every game.

I'm not sold on them and really don't think they should be celebrating this win. Should be a wake up call. 

Edited by Gotmilt

3 hours ago, Gotmilt said:

It's classless to say you need a full 60 minutes and you aren't happy with the effort even though we won?

Wow 2017.

You think the players aren't giving their all?  Is that "effort" that you're talking about.  O'Shea was pretty forthright in saying they were lucky and need to be better on the post-game, all the players that were on said the same.  They didn't sound very happy.  We've had some awful teams that sounded like they won the Super Bowl if they ever won a game, let alone a game like that one.  These guys weren't too excited beyond the moment Harris dragged the ball over the plane. 

I can't say I've seen anything on this team to make me question effort, meaning guys putting everything they have into the game (and we've certainly experienced that).  Execution is a different story.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

You think the players aren't giving their all?  Is that "effort" that you're talking about.  O'Shea was pretty forthright in saying they were lucky and need to be better on the post-game, all the players that were on said the same.  They didn't sound very happy.  We've had some awful teams that sounded like they won the Super Bowl if they ever won a game, let alone a game like that one.  These guys weren't too excited beyond the moment Harris dragged the ball over the plane. 

I can't say I've seen anything on this team to make me question effort, meaning guys putting everything they have into the game (and we've certainly experienced that).  Execution is a different story.

Wow talk about taking something out of context. I think we both know what I meant.

1 hour ago, J5V said:

Confidence comes from having success. Success comes from hard work, preparation, and mental toughness. When these attributes begin to manifest in a team it is possible that the players can galvanise into a team greater than the sum of its parts. Then you've got something special. That, to me, is the HC's job. What happened last night was special. It was not a fluke. It was the right mix of confidence, hard work, and preparation. Now we get to see if it is repeatable. Next.

If it's not repeatable, would that not, by definition, make it a fluke?

46 minutes ago, tracker said:

If it's not repeatable, would that not, by definition, make it a fluke?

Yes I should have said consistently repeatable. Here's to hoping the team has some mojo going now. 7