2017 NHL Off Season

Rich

7 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

But that will make Calgary worse right Goalie :P

We had our chance on that one. FUDGE!

We have rhd. If he wasnt from manitoba.. You wouldnt want him.  We never were in the conversation on this one. RHD is not a problem. 

I like Hamonic but hes pretty over rated by a few of you because hes from here. 

Edited by Goalie

13 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I didn't find his original post snarky.  I think it was a valid point.  I also don't believe that we did well by protecting Enstrom.  I think you should stop telling other people to stop posting their opinions. 

So tell me... Youd prefer morrissey chiarot and stuart on our left side instead? Ive yet to see you actually logically validate this. U say things like when he doesnt play we win more... U know when crosby doesnt play... The penguins win lots also? You have some agenda with him and its showed for years now. 

He is better than chiarot and stuart and we have nobody ready to take his spot

Edited by Goalie

46 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

*sigh*

Chevy hinted that they had the Finnish kid at 13th anyway.  Many draft ranking had him in the top ten.  Its always smart to go BPA.  Jets didn't give up top d prospects for Toby.  Please review the thread where this was all explained.

It sounds like the Jets lost ZERO players to Vegas, retained a first round pick (other teams didn't) and got the player the wanted.  Then they drafted a big LHD in the second round that many are calling a great pick.  Gee, what did Chevy do today...  

Seriously what's Chevy gonna say our guy was gone....we had to go to plan b? Every GM says we can't believe that guy was still there. We will never know who Chevy would of drafted at 13. 

55 minutes ago, Goalie said:

So tell me... Youd prefer morrissey chiarot and stuart on our left side instead? Ive yet to see you actually logically validate this. U say things like when he doesnt play we win more... U know when crosby doesnt play... The penguins win lots also? You have some agenda with him and its showed for years now. 

He is better than chiarot and stuart and we have nobody ready to take his spot

I'd prefer anyone on the left side other than Enstrom.  And I don't need to "validate" this to you or anyone.  If you can't see what a massive liability Enstrom is out there then that's on you.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

*sigh*

Chevy hinted that they had the Finnish kid at 13th anyway.  Many draft ranking had him in the top ten.  Its always smart to go BPA.  Jets didn't give up top d prospects for Toby.  Please review the thread where this was all explained.

It sounds like the Jets lost ZERO players to Vegas, retained a first round pick (other teams didn't) and got the player the wanted.  Then they drafted a big LHD in the second round that many are calling a great pick.  Gee, what did Chevy do today...  

Yah, the entire thread is you and Goalie repeatedly posting that Chevy is a genius.

I understand Chevy didn't lose any players from a non-playoff team.  He also didn't end up with Hjalmarsson or Hamonic but we seem to have Enstrom crap contract for another year and Chiarot got a raise.

If you think Chevy had this guy at 13 which was basically a start of a run of 5-6 defence prospects, you're drinking too much koolaid.

4 hours ago, Floyd said:

Yah, the entire thread is you and Goalie repeatedly posting that Chevy is a genius.

I understand Chevy didn't lose any players from a non-playoff team.  He also didn't end up with Hjalmarsson or Hamonic but we seem to have Enstrom crap contract for another year and Chiarot got a raise.

If you think Chevy had this guy at 13 which was basically a start of a run of 5-6 defence prospects, you're drinking too much koolaid.

Hamonic is a RHD and as if Chicago would trade Hjalmarsson in division. 

You me whoever else have no idea who they would have taken at 13 and its not like that guy taken at 13 would Step in immediately either. Hes 2 or 3 years away regardless. 

Edited by Goalie

Unless someone posting here has first hand knowledge or is on the Jets inside management team, aren't we all essentially talking out of our asses?  Some of us see something in Enstrom that others do not.   We have different opinions based on our experience. It may be a 20 or 30 or even 40 years of experience ass we are talking out of, but we are all doing it.

5 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I didn't find his original post snarky.  I think it was a valid point.  I also don't believe that we did well by protecting Enstrom.  I think you should stop telling other people to stop posting their opinions. 

I found it snarky.  But I suppose I should not post my opinion, is that what you're saying?  Perhaps you missed all the discussion about this with this particular poster where several people tried to correct him, not on opinion, but on fact.  

Having the opinion that Cal Foote would make the Jets D better this year especially if it meant losing Toby is not an opinion,  Its lunacy.

I don't think Hamonic is over-rated.  I think he's a solid top 4 D.  But he's RHD.  If he played the left side then our top 6 suddenly looks a lot better.  Jets didn't get beat out, they weren't in the conversation.  They didn't want him.  I don't think Jets management is infallible but I do think they have a lot more info than we do so Ill assume there is a reason they didn't want him.

If people are still complaining that Chevy made an error in trading down to 24, they really are barking up the wrong tree.  Not only were several guys taken out of their predicted order but Chevy strongly hinted this was the guy they wanted anyway.  If they got, at 24, the guy they wanted at 13, then bully for them.

This wasn't a matter of losing Toby and getting Foote in 3 years.  If they want Foote that bad, they can go out and get him.

If Toby doesn't waive, Jets lose Myers or Perreault/Lowry.  As it is, before the expansion draft, half the people here thought it was a good move to lose Dano and a 3rd.  Jets lost NO ONE and kept a first round pick and chose a player they really wanted.

I don't know what else Chevy could have done in both drafts this week.  He's done very well. Addressing goaltending and LHD depth is something to be done via trade or Free Agency.  Jets can't draft a veteran back up or a veteran top 6 D.  So why are people getting knotted panties about keeping our most experienced LHD?  

5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

There are plenty of things to criticize chevy about. Losing thorburn and moving down 11 spots isnt one of them. 

As for enstrom he sucks so bad that real insiders like dreger bobby mac and friedman were all convinced vegas would take him. 

I like your post although I disagree about Toby.  I think he's a decent 3-4 with a poor contract but its his last year.  jets look a lot worse had he been selected.  And they did the right thing bu keeping him since he did them the favour of waiving.  And in the end, the Jets got the guy they seemingly wanted, kept all their players and Toby remained a Jet.  Where's the bad news? lol  There is none!

8 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Not only were several guys taken out of their predicted order but Chevy strongly hinted this was the guy they wanted anyway.  If they got, at 24, the guy they wanted at 13, then bully for them.

I heard Chevy's comments, and while I think they had a number of players that they would have looked at around 13 and they had Vesalainen rated higher than they took him, I don't really believe he was "the guy" they wanted at 13 prior to trading the pick.

I have no issues with them moving down, but I think we would have gotten a much different player at 13, my guess is a D-Man.  It is turning out that defensemen are THE commodity to have in the NHL.  Can't have enough of them for your team and if you have too many of them, you can get great trade value to supplement your forwards if you need to.

However the value of Vesalainen was much higher then the defensemen left at 24.

Generally I think the Jets did well with the expansion draft and the draft looks like may have some keepers, crap shoot really apart from Vesalainen who I really like. I'll give the Jets a solid B for the draft got BPA at 24 and filled a need for d-man prospects. Next week free agency starts and while I don't expect Chevy to pull off anything major a tandem goalie is a must.