2017 NHL Off Season

Rich

Chiarot is fine with buff. Forget the idea of 1st 2nd 3rd pairs. 

Trouba Morrissey

Myers Enstrom 

Buff Chiarot 

Thats probably what we will see and that should be solid. 

Hopefully maurice and huddy implement a defensive system that plays to our strengths. That right there makes a bigger difference than some scrub "3rd pair" LHD. 

My understanding is that the biggest issue with Vesalainen is "attitude" related. There were some questions about the interviews he gave during meetings with various NHL teams. Likely a "unique" personality, but the talent will hopefully trump that...

9 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I don't know why this is so complicated for so many. But no that's not what happened. 

Ha well we can all have our theories, as none of us actually know what happened.  It's not too complicated to understand what I am saying either, and that's that I would have gladly let the Golden Knights take Enstrom if that meant keeping our pick at 13, and especially if it meant that we got a stud like Cal Foote.  Now of course we can speculate that this is chicken/egg and assume that Enstrom wouldn't have waived his NMC if he didn't think he would somehow be protected, but such is life.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

Another weird first round for the Jets...  give up top defensive prospects to keep Enstrom for another two seasons... then draft Armia 2.0

I'll trust the scouts but the last two years of drafting sure are different.

Calgary, Edmonton both are better teams heading into next year...  Jets standing pat.  

41 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Yep dropping down to keep our current roster does...since you won't let this drop...i will keep pointing it out.

You're original snarky post was about Cal Foote and how we should have taken him rather then stand pat with out current D corp.  If you think Cal Foote was making a difference for the Jets this season you should retire from hockey fandomimmediately.  This has been explained to you numerous time and you refuse to understand it.  Jets did VERY well this week.  They lost ZERO players and took a guy who is considered by many to be a top ten pick at 24.

Chevy alluded to having this kid in their 13th area anyway.

So please stop being a contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian.

35 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Another weird first round for the Jets...  give up top defensive prospects to keep Enstrom for another two seasons... then draft Armia 2.0

I'll trust the scouts but the last two years of drafting sure are different.

Calgary, Edmonton both are better teams heading into next year...  Jets standing pat.  

*sigh*

Chevy hinted that they had the Finnish kid at 13th anyway.  Many draft ranking had him in the top ten.  Its always smart to go BPA.  Jets didn't give up top d prospects for Toby.  Please review the thread where this was all explained.

It sounds like the Jets lost ZERO players to Vegas, retained a first round pick (other teams didn't) and got the player the wanted.  Then they drafted a big LHD in the second round that many are calling a great pick.  Gee, what did Chevy do today...  

8 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

You're original snarky post was about Cal Foote and how we should have taken him rather then stand pat with out current D corp.  If you think Cal Foote was making a difference for the Jets this season you should retire from hockey fandomimmediately.  This has been explained to you numerous time and you refuse to understand it.  Jets did VERY well this week.  They lost ZERO players and took a guy who is considered by many to be a top ten pick at 24.

Chevy alluded to having this kid in their 13th area anyway.

So please stop being a contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian.

I didn't find his original post snarky.  I think it was a valid point.  I also don't believe that we did well by protecting Enstrom.  I think you should stop telling other people to stop posting their opinions.