Canadian Politics

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Who is Andrew Scheer? Does that mean we'll be stuck with Trudeau for the next 15 years?

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Looks like the Conservatives want to try "Dief the Chief" part two, electing a leader from Saskatchewan.  I don't get it as Bernier seemed the logical choice to take on pretty boy, but his opposition to supply management and Kevin O'Leary giving him the kiss of death sunk him.

58 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

It's a real lame leader here. This is why I hate the ranked ballots. It's hiw Alberta ended up with losers like Stelmach and Redford. When you get compromise candidates as leaders you don't make anyone happy

I don't know if people would've been happier with Bernier even though he was the front runner. After he left classified info at his girlfriend's place who had ties to the Hell's Angels why should he get a chance to be our Prime Minister? He resigned in disgrace from cabinet but not his HOC seat which is what an "honourable" person would do. That's a major career ending screw up & that's what should have happened; it should have ended his political career. He didn't deserve a second chance yet 9 years later there he was running for the leadership of the Conservative Party of Canada. After that brain fart how could he ever be trusted to make important decisions or keep classified information regarding Canadian security truly secret? Instead these goofball politicians like Bernier seem to think a short time out of cabinet is enough to atone for their dumb decisions or bad behaviour when it's not.  Myself, glad he lost.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

It's a real lame leader here. This is why I hate the ranked ballots. It's hiw Alberta ended up with losers like Stelmach and Redford. When you get compromise candidates as leaders you don't make anyone happy

Sooner or later political parties will figure out this never works, elect the best candidate, not the third best.