Medlock and Bryant restructured deals finalized

Jpan85

Interesting quote from Medlock

“I’ve had a couple of guys talk to me in the offseason here about the possibility of getting to Winnipeg,” Medlock said.

“A lot of guys are very interested in playing for the Bombers now.”

“If you had asked that four years ago about the Bombers, I think people would have looked the other way… myself included. I looked at that situation a while ago and said I wouldn’t play in Winnipeg just because of the way things were back in the day.

Just now, Jpan85 said:

Interesting quote from Medlock

Yeah its not surprising though. We left a lot on the field through the season on offense, and late in the year/play offs on D. If your a vet FA this team is on the up swing in a major way and one or two pieces could take us from one of a hand full of contenders to favorite. 

Its great news, expected them to be back but its great to have it done for sure before FA starts. 

16 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

Imports are loving the one year deals....re up after a year take a chunk as signing bonus and only get taxed 15% on the bonus.

15%, really?  I would have thought the bonus gets taxed at a higher rate, not drastically lower.  Interesting.

22 minutes ago, Atomic said:

15%, really?  I would have thought the bonus gets taxed at a higher rate, not drastically lower.  Interesting.

http://3downnation.com/2016/02/25/cfl-players-restructure-contracts/

" American players pay income tax in Canada just like the rest of us do but a provision in the Canada-U.S. income tax treaty allows international players who maintain a permanent residence south of the border to be taxed just 15 per cent on any signing bonus – much less than their usual Canadian tax rate. "