US Politics

Rich

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I hope Trump gets completely blown out of the political spectrum so that the Republicans can field a serious candidate and wipe the floor with Biden in the next election. That would be getting rid of two birds with one stone. 

You're giving the GQP way too much credit here.

I hope the Republicans get blown out of the water, period, and collapse altogether. Way too much rot in their politics and ideology now, and the last thing they are is fiscally conservative (4 of the 5 largest spending deficits in US history were under Trump, both Bushes, and Reagan to my understanding). Time for the party of angry old white men to disappear to the dustbin of history. 

I Wonder how Putin factors in.

Should Trump be afraid of something from there, from documents, to video, to assasination?

At this point Trump usefulness to Putin is ended.

He certainly would enjoy humiliating the Americans any way he can, and continued promoting division there.

34 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

You're giving the GQP way too much credit here.

cmon man.... desantis, cruze

such worthy individuals. 

Edited by Mark F

40 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I hope Trump gets completely blown out of the political spectrum so that the Republicans can field a serious candidate and wipe the floor with Biden in the next election. That would be getting rid of two birds with one stone. 

Serious question:  "What's your problem with Biden?"

4 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Serious question:  "What's your problem with Biden?"

I think he is corrupt and borders on incompetence. An opinion that the majority of Americans seem to agree with. I think the world needs better from an American president right now. I don't really care if it's the GOP that beats him, or his own party that pushes him out in order to keep the White house. Either would be a satisfying outcome for me.

Edited by GCn20

5 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Let me rephrase.  "What factual reasons do you have that causes you to feel this way".

What factual reasons are there to dispute my opinion of him.

4 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

That doesn't necessarily justify your stance, though. Popular opinion means practically nothing when objectivity and critical thinking go out the window.

I don't need to justify my stance as I freely admit it is an opinion. I have the luxury of not having to do a deep dive into their politicians because I don't have a vote. Therefore, I will freely admit my opinion is based mostly on what my American friends and relatives seem to think of him.

Edited by GCn20

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I have the luxury of not having to do a deep dive into their politicians because I don't have a vote. Therefore, I will freely admit my opinion is based mostly on what my American friends and relatives seem to think of him.

In other words, you choose to be uninformed and base your "opinion" on that. Not a good look, in my opinion. And it sounds like your friends and relatives down there are no better, either.

7 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Aaaand the bad faith arguing begins.

I'm not arguing. I am simply expressing my opinion. Take it or leave it.

5 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

In other words, you choose to be uninformed and base your "opinion" on that. Not a good look, in my opinion. And it sounds like your friends and relatives down there are no better, either.

I don't really care how it looks to you to be perfectly honest. I will hold my opinion of him, and share it as I see fit. If that offends your sensibilities that's your issue not mine. You guys asked what makes me think that way, and I was honest about it. I think it is hyper hypocritical for anyone to suggest that they have never formed an uninformed opinion of something or someone so save your indignation. I don't like the guy, he comes off as a buffoon to me. I have heard him speak and he makes me cringe. All the reason I need to want him gone. He irritates me.

Edited by GCn20

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I'm not arguing. I am simply expressing my opinion. Take it or leave it.

I don't really care how it looks to you to be perfectly honest. I will hold my opinion of him, and share it as I see fit. If that offends your sensibilities that's your issue not mine.

I won’t ask you to justify your opinion of your Biden dislike - you of course are entitled to your opinion on his abilities. I would like to ask what draws you to the GOP platform as opposed to the Democrats, however(if I am correct that you lean that way). If you are concerned about corruption or incompetency, who out there do you see as the best option?

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I won’t ask you to justify your opinion of your Biden dislike - you of course are entitled to your opinion on his abilities. I would like to ask what draws you to the GOP platform as opposed to the Democrats, however(if I am correct that you lean that way). If you are concerned about corruption or incompetency, who out there do you see as the best option?

I actually don't hold either in particularly high regard. Both are a cesspool. Amreican politics in general is pretty disturbing. I lean to the right of the political spectrum, but I have not seen any parties that are remotely close to centre anymore.

Edited by GCn20

Interesting that Biden is now shifting from Mr. Nice Bipartisan........to calling out the MAGA movement as semi-fascist. 
Why? because Joe has finally realized that when you are up against a bunch of ruthless, crazed and hypocritical groin kickers...... Marquis of Queensbury rules, just don't cut it.

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

How petulant. Why post your opinions and "engage" with others if you're not willing to substantiate them, much less have a rational discussion?

Just low effort trolling.

I did not engage with you. I shared my opinion and was willing to leave it at that. You are the one making the effort to discredit it. I just simply stated I don't really care if you do or you don't.

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The caption. LMAO

Just messy book keeping of declassified material really. News paper clippings stuff like that. Move on. However just to let everyone know this was also planted by the FBI to make this look bad.  

Any hoo look Hunter Biden's laptop, Hillary Clintons emails, Former Presidents Clinton and Obama's illegal keeping of records, Facebook rigging the 2020 election!!!!!

8 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

If that offends your sensibilities that's your issue not mine. You guys asked what makes me think that way, and I was honest about it. I think it is hyper hypocritical for anyone to suggest that they have never formed an uninformed opinion of something or someone so save your indignation.

This is projection. 

It's always entertaining when you wander into this subforum and leave inane comments from some fabricated moral high ground.

5 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

So you admit to basing your opinion on nothing factual.  Do you form all your opinions in this cavalier a manner?

Not all, but some that make no particular difference to me I do certainly....as do we all. I have no vote and no reason to be invested in this. Are you suggesting you have never heard someone talk and think OMG that guy is super annoying. 

2 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

This is projection. 

It's always entertaining when you wander into this subforum and leave inane comments from some fabricated moral high ground.

You are the one pontificating my friend, not I. Telling me how wrong it is is for me to have a semi-informed opinion of a guy I'll never meet or vote for. I have no reason to want to learn about him and I find him grating.

Edited by GCn20

Just now, do or die said:

Interesting that Biden is now shifting from Mr. Nice Bipartisan........to calling out the MAGA movement as semi-fascist. 
Why? because Joe has finally realized that when you are up against a bunch of ruthless, crazed and hypocritical groin kickers...... Marquis of Queensbury rules, just don't cut it.

Dark Brandon is the best Biden.

Just now, GCn20 said:

I have no vote and no reason to be invested in this.

Considering our country's proximity to and profound socioeconomic ties with the US, you should be invested in what happens as far as its political landscape is concerned. Or at the very least, informed sufficiently to have a worthwhile opinion.