US Politics

Rich

8 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I've been away from the Internet most of the morning, has Trump been reinstated or is that coming this afternoon or evening?

I think the heli has been sent to Marlago to pick him up. I assume the 747 is waiting nearby. It becomes Air Force One as soon as he's reinstated by Judge Roberts. 

I think the plan is that Judge Roberts will quickly be taken into custody following in the swearing in ceremony by the military and will be sent to Gitmo.

It's not clear if Biden will be allowed to go to Corsica to serve his sentence in exile. 

Lots to work out on who will and won't be charged in the coup attempt. 

It's probably best to wait for Attorney General Ivanka to look at the evidence. 

Secretary of State Lindell will be hosting a press conference later to announce sanctions against the subversive West. 

God bless. 

Edited by JCon

1 minute ago, JCon said:

I think the heli has been sent to Marlago to pick him up. I assume the 747 is waiting nearby. It becomes Air Force One as soon as he's reinstated by Judge Roberts. 

I think the plan is that Judge Roberts will quickly be taken into custody following in the swearing in ceremony by the military and will be sent to Gitmo.

It's not clear if Biden will be allowed to go to Corsica to serve his sentence in exile. 

Lots to work out on who will and won't be charged in the coup attempt. 

God bless. 

In the alternative, Biden and Harris will both be impeached after the SCOTUS 9-0 ruling, the Senate elections will be overturned and the Republicans will take back control. Trump will be immediately installed as Speaker of the House and as 3rd in command he will slide back into the big boy chair. Easy peasy. What, you need to be elected in as a Senator first? Don’t waste my time with that voting nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Oh was today THAT day? Wonder what the new date will be?

They're like the end of the world people...."oh we had our calculations wrong....the day the world will end is ACTUALLY blah blah blah"

Yeah the way they go Trumps heart (if he has one?) will explode from one too many hamberders and they'll still say he's going to be back in office soon. 

peace "deal"

unhuh. 

with the guys that whip girls for talking on the phone with a man.

and who execute without trial  surrendering afghan soldiers. and anyone who worked for Americans. and who sold heroin to us, to finance war.

they would grovel at Trumps feet. right?

Why not. everything is about politicial power down there. even disease.

Edited by Mark F

8 minutes ago, bustamente said:

US left thousands of pieces of equipment when they fled because it would of cost way to much ship everything back to America.

They just don't care. 

They're the jerk at the party who makes a big mess, pukes in a planter and has to be sent home early when they pass out in the punchbowl. 

3 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Oh was today THAT day? Wonder what the new date will be?

They're like the end of the world people...."oh we had our calculations wrong....the day the world will end is ACTUALLY blah blah blah"

Whoa, whoa. We meant August 13 on the Mayan calendar. Keep up, would ya?

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

This Tennessee Republican Nearly Died From COVID. Now He’s Fighting Masks.

“I can promise you one thing, I have been so sorry for that,” he says in a recording that surfaced along with the allegations in 2018. “I’ve lived with that and you don’t know how hard it has been for me.”

A third student charged that he had attempted to molest her. But Byrd never admitted nor explicitly denied what the three alleged, saying only, “I have done nothing wrong or inappropriate during my term as state representative.”

The then speaker of the Tennessee House of Representatives, Beth Harwell, called on Byrd to resign. He refused and joined many of his fellow Republican representatives in wrongdoing of another kind when the pandemic hit.

Byrd was complicit in an effort to minimize the coronavirus threat as no worse than the flu. He opposed such basic mitigation measures as masking and social distancing. He was one of 55 Tennessee Republican representatives who signed a resolution in June of last year alleging that “[the] mainstream media has sensationalized the reporting on COVID-19 in the service of political agendas.”

In November, just as Tennessee was reporting a record high number of new COVID-19 cases, Byrd and other members of the House Republican caucus ignored public health recommendations against large gatherings and held a three-day retreat. The event was in the lodge at Pickwick Landing State Park in Byrd’s district. Byrd hosted a big dinner at a nearby restaurant on the first night and of course he was among the many who did not wear a mask.

The day before Thanksgiving, Byrd tested positive for COVID-19. He was flown by helicopter from his hometown of Waynesboro to Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital in Nashville and he issued a plaintive statement on Dec. 7.

“Please pray for God’s healing for my lungs, and that He will give me strength and endurance as I battle this virus.”

He spent 55 days on a ventilator in the ICU.

“My wife and family prayed for a miracle while facing the very real prospect of planning my funeral,” he said in the statement.

He was one of the lucky ones who survived after needing to be intubated. But he was initially unable to use his limbs. And he began to suffer liver failure.  On June 12, he received a liver transplant. He was still recovering on July 29, when he arrived in a wheelchair at the House chamber.

Harwell had stepped down to make an unsuccessful run for governor. Her successor, House Speaker Cameron Sexton, said a prayer for Byrd, who had missed the entire legislative session. Byrd solemnly took a renewed oath of office.

“Life is a miraculous gift that I am humbled beyond all odds and explanation to receive a second chance at living,” he said in a statement released later by the caucus.

But Byrd made no mention of those who did die after being convinced by pandemic-denying elected officials such as himself that COVID is just like the flu. Byrd uttered not a syllable of apology for having contributed in however small a way to the deaths of hundreds of thousands by hampering our fight against the virus.

In failing to voice any concern for the effect his words and deeds as an elected official might have had on others, Byrd initially seemed just a typically monstrous minimizer who has suddenly decided that “COVID is real and it is very dangerous” after it nearly killed him.

But Byrd has now outdone himself and proven to be among the lowest of the low.

On Wednesday night, Byrd joined all 73 members of the House Republican caucus in petitioning Gov. Bill Lee to call a special session of the legislature to prohibit local mask mandates and keep businesses from barring the unvaccinated.

Tennessee Republican David Byrd Nearly Died From COVID. Now He’s Fighting Masks. (thedailybeast.com)

48 minutes ago, Tracker said:

He spent 55 days on a ventilator in the ICU.

no problem god will pay the hospital bill!

anyway,, thoughts and prayers!

39 minutes ago, Tracker said:

And more profitable, too.

anything left behind, just replaced. YAY military industrial complex. Flint clean water? sorry can't afford that.

Edited by Mark F

20 year war and for what? Took the Taliban 4 months to re-claim the country once the troop withdrawal was announced, they will summarily execute all the locals who “aided” the US military, and the US troops are not even all out yet. 

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/afghanistan-taliban-us-troops-intl-08-15-21/index.html

The war in Afghanistan (the graveyard of empires)  has gone exactly the way Eric Margolis and others predicted. The Americans are begging the Talban (which they created and funded) to let them slink away with their tails between their legs. The Afghanis have defeated invaders from India(3x) Iran, Alexander the Great (Macedonia), Russia, Britain (2x) and now the US with a ragtag  army. America is now exposed as a paper tiger and a crumbling empire.

8 minutes ago, do or die said:

The Americans sunk Billions and 50,000 dead troops.....in trying, and trying.... to prop up the corrupt Diem government in South Vietnam.    Never did learn their lesson.   Afghanistan was in the fail category, 3 administrations ago.....

one thing about being old, you can remember some things

"In March 1991, just after his victory in the Persian Gulf War, an ebullient President George H.W. Bush told a group of state legislators, "The specter of Vietnam has been buried forever in the desert sands of the Arabian Peninsula.... By God, we've kicked the Vietnam syndrome once and for all."

alsomthe photo of rumsfeld, just before they invaded iraq, shaking hands with saddam. 

did the  exact same thing to gadafi. 

do,it to us too, with endless tariff wars.

treacherous bunch, the muricans.

it may be that this one, is their last major foreign war. too much **** piling up now to domit again.

Edited by Mark F