US Politics

Rich

Most people on social media will say that they pray for Trump to recover. We know that a lot of these same people saying that really hopes he gets seriously ill or dies. Personally myself, I hope he does recover so he knows that this virus isn't fake or a hoax. Maybe he'll decide to take Covid more seriously as far as trying to eradicate it in the US. Somehow, I doubt it but we can hope. 

Here is everyone in and around the White House who has recently tested positive for Covid-19.

- White House advisor Hope Hicks tested positive on Thursday. 
- President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump tested positive on Friday.
- Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) tested positive on Thursday.
- Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel tested positive on Wednesday.
- University of Notre Dame President Rev. John I. Jenkins on Friday told students and faculty he tested positive.
- Sen. Thom Tillis (R-North Carolina) tested positive on Friday.
- Former White House Advisor Kellyanne Conway tested positive Friday.
- Trump’s campaign manager Bill Stepien tested positive Friday, Politico reported.
- Three journalists who work at the White House and one staff member reportedly tested positive on Friday, according to memos from the White House Correspondents Association.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/elanagross/2020/10/02/white-house-outbreak-here-are-the-people-who-have-tested-positive-for-covid-near-president-trump/

👁‍🗨 Incredible...

Add another to the list:

Some context: Johnson is the third Republican senator to test positive for Covid-19. 

If the three senators – Thom Tillis, Johnson and Mike Lee – remain out this month, it would effectively prevent Barrett from being confirmed to the Supreme Court until they return, which could be a lame-duck session. 

Confirming a Supreme Court justice in a lame-duck scenario is something GOP leaders are eager to avoid in case they lose next month.
https://www.cnn.com/webview/politics/live-news/trump-covid-19-updates-saturday/h_83461af421dad839f63142d5c58fda5a

Could this be real?

Edited by Mr Dee

14 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Add another to the list:

Some context: Johnson is the third Republican senator to test positive for Covid-19. 

If the three senators – Thom Tillis, Johnson and Mike Lee – remain out this month, it would effectively prevent Barrett from being confirmed to the Supreme Court until they return, which could be a lame-duck session. 

Confirming a Supreme Court justice in a lame-duck scenario is something GOP leaders are eager to avoid in case they lose next month.
https://www.cnn.com/webview/politics/live-news/trump-covid-19-updates-saturday/h_83461af421dad839f63142d5c58fda5a

Could this be real?

I expect more of his idiot enablers to come out as positive, Turtle must be having a meltdown, I also expect the WH to stop telling the public who may be infected in the near future, so keep an eye out for members of the administration and other Senators that you don't see in public during the next couple of weeks, as for the oxygen canister why would a genetic god like freak who could live to 200 need something a mere mortal would

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Most people on social media will say that they pray for Trump to recover. We know that a lot of these same people saying that really hopes he gets seriously ill or dies. Personally myself, I hope he does recover so he knows that this virus isn't fake or a hoax. Maybe he'll decide to take Covid more seriously as far as trying to eradicate it in the US. Somehow, I doubt it but we can hope. 

I for one want trump to fully recover so he can get his ass handed to him in the election and then spend his remaining years locked up in prison. If he dies now then he avoids the punishment he so richly deserves.

Under any other administration wouldn’t we expect updates from the President’s doctors every few hours and not from someone who is way down the list of knowledgable people?

Why not this one?

And yes, I want him to recover to face the consequences. 

12 hours ago, JCon said:

Kelly Anne Conway has the Rona. 

I still suck at posting twitter links, so I will just recap what I read. 

Kellyanne’s positive test was revealed - by her daughter on Tiktok. Claudia Conway went on to say that her mom did not want her to post the COVID diagnosis but rather keep it quiet, but Claudia was “furious” because Kellyanne lied to her and said the test was negative while walking around her all day before telling her the truth, and now Claudia will spend her birthday in quarantine. Unless this is a fake TikTok account, this was a post straight from Claudia. 

Dinnertime conversations at the Conway household must be next level, even if George is not thrown into the mix. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Under any other administration wouldn’t we expect updates from the President’s doctors every few hours and not from someone who is way down the list of knowledgable people?

Why not this one?

And yes, I want him to recover to face the consequences. 

CNN said there would be an update from doctors at 11:00 am EST. But the shortness of breath claims make this suddenly much more problematic than “mild symptoms”. I did not think about this yesterday, but Biden took off his mask for the debate. Imagine if both candidates caught the virus. The VP debate suddenly became the most consequential one in history. 

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

Add another to the list:

Could this be real?

I don’t really but the sentiment that the GOP would be worried about ramming in their SCOTUS pick in a lame duck session if they lost the Presidency and the Senate majority. Everything in their antics these past 8 years would suggest the opposite in fact, and what more would they have to lose at that point? If I recall from the movie “Lincoln”, he got the necessary votes to abolish slavery from lame duck senators on their way out, which is why he rushed it through between winning his team-election and Inauguration Day, before the new Senate took hold which would have voted him down on it. 

What I wonder is, if a 4th GOP senator falls ill with COVID (not an unlikely scenario given the last 24 hours) and has to quarantine, could the Dems tam through a motion to bypass the confirmation hearing and proceed straight to a vote, and then vote “no” with the majority of votes present. This gamesmanship has been done before in Parliament (even in MB) where the minority catches the majority napping with reduced numbers in chambers and gets in a quickie vote while they hold the balance. Right now the plan is to boycott and keep the numbers below quorum (which is only the case with the current COVID-reduced GOP numbers). 

Two final thoughts - 

Since the US is such a religious country (especially fundamentalist Republicans) I like to think that when Ruth Bader Ginsberg died and went to heaven, she looked down on the Barrett SCOTUS announcement, saw her life’s legacy about to be torn down, and got in God’s ear. God then said “Hold my beer, and BTW the irony of this GOP victory party being their undoing of the Presidency and the SCOTUS vote In one fell swoop will be delicious”. At least that’s what I tell the Trump backers happened to see them get all triggered. 🤣

And finally, not sure I like this new “merging of posts” when you write consecutive posts on a topic. My posts are more than long enough as it is with out combining 3 of them into 1 (yes, I am self-aware enough to know how much I blathering, don’t need the “TLDR” smarty pants responses telling me so). 

Is Garrety an actual Dr? He sure sounded like a campaign hack doing that update. 

Chuckling and chortling at reports who keep asking important intelligent questions that he’s trying to hard trying to give real answers too. 

If any of those Drs have real spines they’d report him to the AMA and have his license revoked. 

1 minute ago, GCJenks said:

Is Garrety an actual Dr? He sure sounded like a campaign hack doing that update. 

Chuckling and chortling at reports who keep asking important intelligent questions that he’s trying to hard trying to give real answers too. 

If any of those Drs have real spines they’d report him to the AMA and have his license revoked. 

Bring back Ronny Jackson....