US Politics

Rich

MICHIGAN CLOSES DOWN CAPITOL IN FACE OF DEATH THREATS FROM ARMED PROTESTERS AGAINST GOV. WHITMER

On Thursday, Michigan closed down its capitol building and canceled its legislative session after online death threats made against Governor Gretchen Whitmer.

The threats were made by protesters who planned to attend a "Judgement Day" protest at the capitol. The protesters ostensibly oppose Whitmer's statewide shutdown orders meant to slow the spread of coronavirus.

Dozens of posts in private invitation-only Facebook groups called for Whitmer to be hanged, lynched, shot, beaten or beheaded. One suggested crowdfunding sources to hire a hitman to kill her.

"We haven't had any bloodshed yet, but the populous [sic] is counting to three, and yesterday was day two," wrote Dave Meisenheimer in a 385,000-member Facebook group called Michiganders Against Excessive Quarantine. "Next comes the watering the tree of liberty with the blood of tyrants," he concluded.

"When I read some of the words that were published this week, it's not about staying at home, it's not about maybe losing your business ... it's about spreading blood on the front lawn of this building, and I would be lying if I said that sitting in my chair with four men in rifles behind me didn't make me think that I was going to be [dying from gun violence] very soon," McMorrow said in a May 12 speech to the legislature.

"Yeah, we're supposed to stand up here and say we're brave and we're not intimidated," she continued, "but guess what: That is damned intimidation and it is not welcome, and my question back is what the hell are we going to do about it? Or do we wait until something happens?"

https://www.newsweek.com/michigan-closes-down-capitol-face-death-threats-armed-protesters-against-gov-whitmer-1504241

armed-protesters-michigan-governor-whitm

96397950_10163659821900637_6519166631933

11 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

MICHIGAN CLOSES DOWN CAPITOL IN FACE OF DEATH THREATS FROM ARMED PROTESTERS AGAINST GOV. WHITMER

On Thursday, Michigan closed down its capitol building and canceled its legislative session after online death threats made against Governor Gretchen Whitmer.

The threats were made by protesters who planned to attend a "Judgement Day" protest at the capitol. The protesters ostensibly oppose Whitmer's statewide shutdown orders meant to slow the spread of coronavirus.

Dozens of posts in private invitation-only Facebook groups called for Whitmer to be hanged, lynched, shot, beaten or beheaded. One suggested crowdfunding sources to hire a hitman to kill her.

"We haven't had any bloodshed yet, but the populous [sic] is counting to three, and yesterday was day two," wrote Dave Meisenheimer in a 385,000-member Facebook group called Michiganders Against Excessive Quarantine. "Next comes the watering the tree of liberty with the blood of tyrants," he concluded.

"When I read some of the words that were published this week, it's not about staying at home, it's not about maybe losing your business ... it's about spreading blood on the front lawn of this building, and I would be lying if I said that sitting in my chair with four men in rifles behind me didn't make me think that I was going to be [dying from gun violence] very soon," McMorrow said in a May 12 speech to the legislature.

"Yeah, we're supposed to stand up here and say we're brave and we're not intimidated," she continued, "but guess what: That is damned intimidation and it is not welcome, and my question back is what the hell are we going to do about it? Or do we wait until something happens?"

https://www.newsweek.com/michigan-closes-down-capitol-face-death-threats-armed-protesters-against-gov-whitmer-1504241

armed-protesters-michigan-governor-whitm

96397950_10163659821900637_6519166631933

Said it before these guys would be the first hiding in their basements if real trouble started, just like their God bone spurs

State Department Inspector General fired, along with the already fired:
Intelligence Community Inspector General Michael Atkinson
Pentagon Inspector General Glenn Fine

Clean sweep.  Who needs oversight? Or for that matter whistle blowers?

Same pattern happening:

No specific reason given for firing
Democrats demand investigation
Republicans cower behind their desks

Edited by do or die

Now I’m beginning to think that we’re living in a S.N.L. skit with Alec Baldwin playing the part of President, in a farcical depiction of what Trump is doing, except that if this were true, the US would be in a better position.

So it appears that Linick initiated a probe looking into Secretary of State Mike Pompeo's alleged misuse of a political appointee to perform personal tasks for him and his wife.

Linick fired two days later.

POMPEO EXONERATED!!  DEEP STATE THWARTED!!! CROOKED GLOBALIST FIRED!!  LOCK HIM UP!!!

Edited by do or die

An op-ed by Mary B. McCord, who was acting assistant attorney general for national security at the Justice Department from 2016 to 2017, in the NYT:

At the direction of Attorney General Bill Barr, the Justice Department last week moved to dismiss a false-statements charge against Michael Flynn, President Trump’s former national security adviser. The reason stated was that the continued prosecution “would not serve the interests of justice.”

The motion was signed by Timothy Shea, a longtime trusted adviser of Mr. Barr and, since January, the acting U.S. attorney in Washington. In attempting to support its argument, the motion cites more than 25 times the F.B.I.’s report of an interview with me in July 2017, two months after I left a decades-long career at the department (under administrations of both parties) that culminated in my role as the acting assistant attorney general for national security.

But the report of my interview is no support for Mr. Barr’s dismissal of the Flynn case. It does not suggest that the F.B.I. had no counterintelligence reason for investigating Mr. Flynn. It does not suggest that the F.B.I.’s interview of Mr. Flynn — which led to the false-statements charge — was unlawful or unjustified. It does not support that Mr. Flynn’s false statements were not material. And it does not support the Justice Department’s assertion that the continued prosecution of the case against Mr. Flynn, who pleaded guilty to knowingly making material false statements to the FBI, “would not serve the interests of justice.”

Here's the link to the full piece: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/10/opinion/bill-barr-michael-flynn.html

When Linick departs he will replaced by Stephen Akard, a former career foreign service officer with close ties to Vice President Mike Pence, a Trump administration official told the AP. Akard currently runs the department's Office of Foreign Missions. He had been nominated to be the director general of the Foreign Service but withdrew after objections he wasn't experienced enough.

“This firing is the outrageous act of a president trying to protect one of his most loyal supporters, the secretary of state, from accountability,” Engel said in a statement. “I have learned that the Office of the Inspector General had opened an investigation into Secretary Pompeo. Mr. Linick’s firing amid such a probe strongly suggests that this is an unlawful act of retaliation.”

McCarthy told Hegseth what likely happened in Flynn's case is that the agents wrote a draft of a report on January 24 -- the day they conducted the interview -- but the actual "302" was not completed until three weeks later. He noted that texts between agents Peter Strzok and Lisa Page show that Flynn's "302" went through "major revisions and edits."

"So, they looked at [it] and somebody wrote it and they said, 'Gee, we don't like how that came out.' So, one guy edits it and then the next person -- Lisa Page says to Strzok: 'What a piece of garbage you gave me.' And, Strzok says to her, 'You've seen it when I got it,'" he continued. "So, you know, who knows how many iterations there are of this thing?"

"But, whether it's representative of what Flynn said by the end is questionable," he told Hegseth. "And then, the other thing, Pete, that you have to bear in mind is the agents who interviewed him didn't think he lied. So, that's like the cherry on top."

Sorry about the tweet comment, it was text messages with Page, going from memory and it was a long time ago. 

12 minutes ago, do or die said:

Well, we don't really have to worry about it, at this point. Problem solved.

lol, for sure.

I tried to find other examples of this crime but nothing comes up, you'd think someone at sometime would have been charged with this? Guess not, go figure. 

Wow and you think that I'm a Trump fan-boy, get a load of Conrad Black,

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/conrad-black-trump-is-nailing-it-but-the-mainstream-media-would-never-tell-you-that?video_autoplay=true

I do especially love his closing,

Like all jungles, the U.S. is run by 30-foot constricting snakes and 700-pound cats, and one group of jungle beasts is being defeated and overthrown by another. It is great drama, for those who have the intelligence to perceive it, instead of clucking over lapses of etiquette in the White House.

Lock Her Up!: It’s not just a chant at Trump’s rallies or lame wordplay in his tweets — it’s his call to fascist rule

Another fascist dictator who made use of extrajudicial imprisonment of political enemies was Adolf Hitler. He didn’t bother with leading “Lock her up” chants at his rallies. He just locked up his political opponents and racial and ethnic and religious enemies in concentration camps where they were executed or perished from disease and starvation. His followers rewarded him at political rallies by chanting “Heil Hitler.” It was the all-purpose approbation of Hitler’s leadership of Nazi Germany, a mass public endorsement of everything he did, including locking up his political opponents. That’s what “Lock her up” has become for Trump.

https://www.alternet.org/2020/05/its-not-just-a-chant-at-trumps-rallies-or-lame-wordplay-in-his-tweets-its-his-call-to-fascist-rule/

PBS finds no support for Tara Reade’s accusations 

It’s interesting to see how thorough the PBS NewsHour reporters were in trying to assess Tara Reade’s allegations against Joe Biden. They identified and “tried to contact nearly 200 former staffers.” They ultimately interviewed 74 people, including 62 women, who worked for Biden over the years. Some were mere interns, others system administrators, and some were senior aides. Their experience spanned from his first run for Senate in 1972 all the way to his time as vice-president. Twenty of them worked for Biden in the early 1990s, at the same time as Reade. No one corroborated her primary accusation or offered anything that could reasonably be described as supporting information.

The interviews revealed previously unreported details about the Biden office when Reade worked there, such as an account that she lost her job because of her poor performance, not as retaliation for lodging complaints about sexual harassment, as Reade has said.

3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

PBS finds no support for Tara Reade’s accusations 

It’s interesting to see how thorough the PBS NewsHour reporters were in trying to assess Tara Reade’s allegations against Joe Biden. They identified and “tried to contact nearly 200 former staffers.” They ultimately interviewed 74 people, including 62 women, who worked for Biden over the years. Some were mere interns, others system administrators, and some were senior aides. Their experience spanned from his first run for Senate in 1972 all the way to his time as vice-president. Twenty of them worked for Biden in the early 1990s, at the same time as Reade. No one corroborated her primary accusation or offered anything that could reasonably be described as supporting information.

The interviews revealed previously unreported details about the Biden office when Reade worked there, such as an account that she lost her job because of her poor performance, not as retaliation for lodging complaints about sexual harassment, as Reade has said.

Case closed