US Politics

Rich

White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany Called Trump Comments ‘Racist,’ ‘Hateful’ in 2015
‘NOT THE AMERICAN WAY’

Emma Tucker
Published May. 07, 2020 5:59PM ET 

Kayleigh McEnany, the new White House press secretary, has criticized President Trump in the past, calling his remarks “racist,” “hateful,” and “not the American way,” CNN footage from 2015 reveals. McEnany condemned statements Trump made in 2015, when he was a presidential candidate, in which he said that some Mexican immigrants are “rapists.” “To me, a racist statement is a racist statement. I don’t like what Donald Trump said,” McEnany said on CNN. “Donald Trump has shown himself to be a showman, I don’t think he is a serious candidate,” adding, “I think it is a sideshow. It’s not within the mainstream of the candidates.” She also called it “unfortunate” and “inauthentic” to associate him with the Republican party. The press secretary changed course in 2016, securing herself as a vocal Trump defender. She later became a spokeswoman for the Republican National Committee as well as for Trump’s re-election campaign. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/white-house-press-secretary-kayleigh-mcenany-called-trump-comments-racist-hateful-in-2015?ref=home

Even CNN is on the action,

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/07/politics/house-transcript-russia-interview/index.html

Obama's Director of National Intelligence James Clapper told the committee in July 2017 that while there had been concerns about anecdotal evidence of meetings between Trump's team and Russian officials, he saw no direct evidence the Trump campaign was plotting with the Russian government.

Mueller report:

1. Trump was receptive to a Campaign national security adviser’s (George Papadopoulos) pursuit of a back channel to Putin.

2. Kremlin operatives provided the Campaign a preview of the Russian plan to distribute stolen emails.

3. The Trump Campaign chairman and deputy chairman (Paul Manafort and Rick Gates) knowingly shared internal polling data and information on battleground states with a Russian spy; and the Campaign chairman worked with the Russian spy on a pro-Russia “peace” plan for Ukraine.

4. The Trump Campaign chairman periodically shared internal polling data with the Russian spy with the expectation it would be shared with Putin-linked oligarch, Oleg Deripaska.

5. Trump Campaign chairman Manafort expected Trump’s winning the presidency would mean Deripaska would want to use Manafort to advanceDeripaska’s interests in the United States and elsewhere.

6. Trump Tower meeting: (1) On receiving an email offering derogatory information on Clinton coming from a Russian government official, Donald Trump Jr. “appears to have accepted that offer;” (2) members of the Campaign discussed the Trump Tower meeting beforehand; (3) Donald Trump Jr. told the Russians during the meeting that Trump could revisit the issue of the Magnitsky Act if elected.

7. A Trump Campaign official told the Special Counsel he “felt obliged to object” to a GOP Platform change on Ukraine because it contradicted Trump’s wishes; however, the investigation did not establish that Gordon was directed by Trump.

8. Russian military hackers may have followed Trump’s July 27, 2016 public statement “Russia if you’re listening …” within hours by targeting Clinton’s personal office for the first time.

9. Trump requested campaign affiliates to get Clinton’s emails, which resulted in an individual apparently acting in coordination with the Campaign claiming to have successfully contacted Russian hackers.

10. The Trump Campaign—and Trump personally—appeared to have advanced knowledge of future WikiLeaks releases.

11. The Trump Campaign coordinated campaign-related public communications based on future WikiLeaks releases.

12. Michael Cohen, on behalf of the Trump Organization, brokered a secret deal for a Trump Tower Moscow project directly involving Putin’s inner circle, at least until June 2016.

13. During the presidential transition, Jared Kushner and Eric Prince engaged in secret back channel communications with Russian agents. (1) Kushner suggested to the Russian Ambassador that they use a secure communication line from within the Russian Embassy to speak with Russian Generals; and (2) Prince and Kushner’s friend Rick Gerson conducted secret back channel meetings with a Putin agent to develop a plan for U.S.-Russian relations.

14. During the presidential transition, in coordination with other members of the Transition Team, Michael Flynn spoke with the Russian Ambassador to prevent a *** for tat Russian response to the Obama administration’s imposition of sanctions for election interference; the Russians agreed not to retaliate saying they wanted a good relationship with the incoming administration. 

As if 99% of us need reminding ;)

Edited by The Unknown Poster

12 hours ago, pigseye said:

Even CNN is on the action,

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/07/politics/house-transcript-russia-interview/index.html

Obama's Director of National Intelligence James Clapper told the committee in July 2017 that while there had been concerns about anecdotal evidence of meetings between Trump's team and Russian officials, he saw no direct evidence the Trump campaign was plotting with the Russian government.

Funny how that works when there is widespread obstruction of justice huh? 

It's pretty galling. But republican voters are complete sheep. They rage against the coastal elites all the time so naturally their lord and savior is a billionaire from new York who lives in a tower and sits on a gold toilet... 

I just don't understand the mental gymnastics people go through to justify their racism and bigotry.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

It's pretty galling. But republican voters are complete sheep. They rage against the coastal elites all the time so naturally their lord and savior is a billionaire from new York who lives in a tower and sits on a gold toilet... 

I just don't understand the mental gymnastics people go through to justify their racism and bigotry.

That's it, racism and bigotry. Also the most fragile, entitled bunch of babies - the GOP and their sheep. 

A man was shot dead while jogging. He's black of course. And, of course, the murderers are walking free. Racism in plain view and the people are wringing their hands about unkempt hair.  

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Because deep down they know they are racists and bigots but don't want to be seen as racists and bigots, hence lets tie everything into a pretzel. 

14 minutes ago, JCon said:

What a joke of judicial system. There are zero checks and balances. Corruption in plain sight. It's a Banana Republic. 

Yup. I think it was thought by many there was a system in place with pretty stable checks and balances but Trump and his administration have proven this was simply simply a mirage.  

Great quote from Barr, pretty much sums it up,

Barr said he is "prepared" to face backlash.

"I also think it's sad that nowadays these partisan feelings are so strong that people have lost any sense of justice," Barr said. "And the groups that usually worry about civil liberties and making sure that there's proper procedures followed and standards set seem to be ignoring it and willing to destroy people's lives and see great injustices done."

13 minutes ago, pigseye said:

"I also think it's sad that nowadays these partisan feelings are so strong that people have lost any sense of justice," Barr said. "And the groups that usually worry about civil liberties and making sure that there's proper procedures followed and standards set seem to be ignoring it and willing to destroy people's lives and see great injustices done."

I didn’t realize Barr was a comedian!

17 minutes ago, pigseye said:

I always chuckle at the projection these people engage in. 

22 minutes ago, pigseye said:

I assume you're doing your thing but are you kidding?  Lol...posting things to inflame responses is one thing but you have yet to actually post a salient point why you think Flynn, who was OBVIOUSLY guilty, getting off is "justice prevailing"...lol

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

I assume you're doing your thing but are you kidding?  Lol...posting things to inflame responses is one thing but you have yet to actually post a salient point why you think Flynn, who was OBVIOUSLY guilty, getting off is "justice prevailing"...lol

It's a good read, do yourself a favor and read it, then decide, just go right to the end, pages 13 - 15 and you will see just how ridiculous the charges were to begin with.