US Politics

Rich

And there you have it,

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/democrats-accused-of-double-standard-on-biden-kavanaugh/ar-BB13vw08?ocid=spartandhp

There is a clear double standard between how the media and Democrats treated Dr. Christine Blasey Ford's allegations versus Tara Reade's allegations," said Mike Davis, who led the Senate effort to confirm Kavanaugh.

"It was stunning to see Democrats say they believed Joe Biden even before he'd spoken a word about this," he added. "And the media instantly and breathlessly reported on all of the allegations against Justice Kavanaugh, which resulted in three criminal referrals against accusers for conspiracy to lie to Congress."

Privately, some Democrats are now lamenting the standard they set in 2018, saying it has backfired now that Biden has been accused.

"We set up a standard we can't live by. No one likes to discuss it but it's the reality," said one Democratic strategist who requested anonymity to talk candidly. "It looks terrible for him and for the party. You can't say you believe women and then take it all back because it doesn't apply to you."

In 2018, Biden said that if a woman comes forward "in the glaring lights of focus," you've got to "start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she is talking about is real."

Brzezinksi also singled out Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) and former Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams as Democratic women who said Blasey Ford must be believed but are now defending Biden against Reade's allegations.

"Are women to be believed unless it pertains to you?" Brzezinksi asked Biden.

The Kavanaugh hearing was the biggest political story of 2018, with media outlets scouring his yearbook, hounding former classmates and printing claims from women other than Blasey Ford in an effort to establish a pattern of misbehavior.

Several of the additional claims crumbled under scrutiny, including an allegation of gang rape made by Julie Swetnick, who was represented by Michael Avenatti. That allegation resulted in a criminal referral for conspiracy to lie to Congress.

Avenatti you remember him, doing time now :) 

47 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Confirmed in the AP today too, so who is being obtuse here?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/reade-i-didnt-use-sexual-harassment-in-biden-complaint/ar-BB13wFmm?ocid=spartandhp

The AP declined to publish details of the 2019 interviews at the time because reporters were unable to corroborate her allegations, and aspects of her story contradicted other reporting.

In recent weeks, Reade told the AP and other news organizations that Biden sexually assaulted her, pushing her against a wall in the basement of a Capitol Hill office building in 1993, groping her and penetrating her with his fingers. She says she was fired from Biden’s office after filing a complaint with the Senate alleging harassment.

What are you even talking about.   What you just posted doesn’t confirm anything.  Look I know you desperately want it to be true.  I’m not sure why since your sudden interest in believing women is awful for your main man    Hilarious.  Won’t people think of Kevin spacey? Lol 

36 minutes ago, pigseye said:

The Kavanaugh hearing was the biggest political story of 2018, with media outlets scouring his yearbook, hounding former classmates and printing claims from women other than Blasey Ford in an effort to establish a pattern of misbehavior.

Several of the additional claims crumbled under scrutiny, including an allegation of gang rape made by Julie Swetnick, who was represented by Michael Avenatti. That allegation resulted in a criminal referral for conspiracy to lie to Congress.

Avenatti you remember him, doing time now :) 

You’re just trolling the board now.  What does avanetti have to do with this?  You always go with whataboutism.  Serooisl if you don’t know the differences between this and Kav then you can’t even have a discussion.  Its way over your head.   

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

You’re just trolling the board now.  What does avanetti have to do with this?  You always go with whataboutism.  Serooisl if you don’t know the differences between this and Kav then you can’t even have a discussion.  Its way over your head.   

Dems have admitted they set a double standard, you give it up, nobody is fooled at your attempts to attack the poster instead of the post, the classic sign you are out of ammunition. 

Just now, pigseye said:

Dems have admitted they set a double standard, you give it up, nobody is fooled at your attempts to attack the poster instead of the post, the classic sign you are out of ammunition. 

Based on the majority of what you just wrote here I thought you said you’re not here to share your personal opinions and what is inside your head?

Just now, HardCoreBlue said:

Based on the majority of what you just wrote here I thought you said you’re not here to share your personal opinions and what is inside your head?

It's in the link, not my head

Privately, some Democrats are now lamenting the standard they set in 2018, saying it has backfired now that Biden has been accused.

"We set up a standard we can't live by. No one likes to discuss it but it's the reality," said one Democratic strategist who requested anonymity to talk candidly. "It looks terrible for him and for the party. You can't say you believe women and then take it all back because it doesn't apply to you."

9 minutes ago, pigseye said:

You’re posts have all been decimated repeatedly.  You ignore facts and keep coming back with this stuff to attack people here or bait or troll.  Everything you post is always about defending trump and the alt right.   It’s over pal.  Accept it.  

4 minutes ago, pigseye said:

It's in the link, not my head

No that’s not what I was talking about. It was the part where you were sharing your opinion on TOP. 

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

You’re posts have all been decimated repeatedly.  You ignore facts and keep coming back with this stuff to attack people here or bait or troll.  Everything you post is always about defending trump and the alt right.   It’s over pal.  Accept it.  

And you keep singing the same tune, is that the Fat Lady Singing I hear? 

And you keep singing the same tune, is that the Fat Lady Singing I hear? 

Now you’re on to trolling in an effort to get the thread shut down.  An oldie but a goodie for you. 

Here is one reading to keep you busy now that you’re so concerned with women being assaulted. 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/women-accused-trump-sexual-misconduct-list-2017-12%3famp

Edited by The Unknown Poster

Trying to deflect are we, try to stay on topic, we are discussing Biden Reade and the standard the Dems have set in prior cases. 

You’re not actually.  It’s been detailed here and you ignore it.  You want to just keep pushing your pro trump agenda.   Huge difference between Kav and Biden which you still don’t want to acknowledge.   You’re not discussing anything.  

Did you read the story I posted? How outraged were you?

3 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Are you referring to the attacks on me personally? If so, how is that an opinion? 

You and I have a very different take on how to decipher opinion versus fact and what discussion boards like this are all about. Regardless of who you are and what you believe it’s pretty arrogant to suggest everything you post is fact with no personal opinion attached whatsoever. 

I lost track about what you guys are even arguing about anymore.

Is it whether or not Trump is scum that has been accused of more and worse than Biden has? He is.

Is it whether the Democrats and left leaning news media are being hypocritical? They are.

Is it whether or not any of this will matter on election day? It won't.

The whole thing sucks, and makes you depressed as a human that our choice of people in power, more often than not, boils down to who might be less of a human trash bag.

Would be better to get back to basics, on this. 

Joe Biden is like anyone else in the public eye.  He can admit or deny the charge.    Reade's original complaint made on the Hill is going to come out.   This week, CBS, Washington Post, The Times, CNN and others have run editorial statements, calling on Biden to address Reade's accusations.  In his case, Biden has publicly denied them, on national TV. 

So, the marker is up there now..... either compelling evidence, incoming....or there is not.  Biden will simply have to take his chances, just like everybody else.   If the case can be made, he should pay the legal price, and regardless, the Dems would end up with somebody else on the top of the ticket.

Time will tell.

Edited by do or die

4 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

You and I have a very different take on how to decipher opinion versus fact and what discussion boards like this are all about. Regardless of who you are and what you believe it’s pretty arrogant to suggest everything you post is fact with no personal opinion attached whatsoever. 

The Dems have already made my case for me, I don't need to add opinion. 

4 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Is it whether or not Trump is scum that has been accused of more and worse than Biden has? He is.

Is it whether the Democrats and left leaning news media are being hypocritical? They are.

The whole thing sucks, and makes you depressed as a human that our choice of people in power, more often than not, boils down to who might be less of a human trash bag.

Same here, both posters seem to be biased in their own ways. Although it’s fun to read.

3 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Some around here still won't acknowledge this even after the Dems have come out and admitted as much. 

Even after a good post from SDN, you just can’t help yourself. I hope all is okay in your world.

8 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Left leaning news isn’t really being hypocritical.  They’ve done what they do in every case. Take a critical look.   Anyone who subscribes to the notion of believing women would take a look.  Unless new compelling evidence emerges all we have right now is an allegation supported by zero evidence and one that has a whole lot of issues with credibility.   

We also have one of the most vetted people in the US who has zero allegations like this.  Even Graham defended him.  

A critical look at the allegation and the accuser raises all sorts of issues.  Does that mean it didn’t happen? Of course not. But it leaves us with nothing at this point.  It’s fodder for pro trump people. That’s about it.  

3 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Even after a good post from SDN, you just can’t help yourself. I hope all is okay in your world.

The world is full of kings and queens

who blind you eyes and steal your dreams

it's heaven and hell