US Politics

Rich

43 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

What, and just take your word for it? 

You dont take everything from anti Trump media at face value ? please.

I don't need to read anti Trump media since it's all reproduced here.

Difference being I don't get to read the corrections when stories are proven bogus which , occasionally, the same media has to confess to.

39 minutes ago, Zontar said:

I don't overlook anything. Said it a hundred times American politics is corrupt. .

I point out the hypocrisy of progressives who pretend the corruption was invented in 2016 and the good guys are still clean.

No you don't, you hand wave away stuff and try and pretend things are as bad when they aren't even remotely the same. 

You are nothing but a partisan trying to justify your teams shitty behaviour with false equivalencies. That might work on stupid people, but folks here aren't as dumb as fox news viewers.

44 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Said it a hundred times American politics is corrupt.  I point out the hypocrisy of progressives who pretend the corruption was invented in 2016 and the good guys are still clean.

They're all bums, they're all the same, a plague on both their houses! is also a classic Goebbels move.  It's a classic because it's a twofer:

one, it makes people cynical and disengaged and authoritarians love no one more than the disengaged. 

two, for more engaged people, it normalizes abnormal behavior by drawing false equivalencies. 

When someone tells you "it doesn't matter, they're all the same," that's inherently a defensive thing to say; they're acknowledging the wrongness of their position, then dismissing it.  Consider why they're being so defensive.

(Though I do believe that to a certain degree they are all the same. American politics selects for certain qualities. but that doesn't mean that one side isn't better than the other. when one side appeals to racism and imagined pasts, attacks science, attacks education, felates demagogues, starts credit-card wars, and blames the most vulnerable for all society's ills, there's definitely some daylight there.)

Edited by johnzo

23 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

No you don't, you hand wave away stuff and try and pretend things are as bad when they aren't even remotely the same. 

You are nothing but a partisan trying to justify your teams shitty behaviour with false equivalencies. That might work on stupid people, but folks here aren't as dumb as fox news viewers.

Swing and a miss. Never quoted or defended Fox. Ever. Have said corporate media is inherently unreliable and biased numerous times.

Cookie cutter, one size fits all attacks on who you think is a "conservative" don't work here.

18 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Swing and a miss. Never quoted or defended Fox. Ever. Have said corporate media is inherently unreliable and biased numerous times.

Cookie cutter, one size fits all attacks on who you think is a "conservative" don't work here.

But you do... a lot of your arguments are fox news talking points. Many of your rebuttals... Fox news talking points... Much of the conspiracies that toss around... fox news. 

If you are not deliberately spreading fox news talking points and misinformation... then you are being seriously manipulated- you should check it out if that is the case.

1 hour ago, Zontar said:

I don't overlook anything. Said it a hundred times American politics is corrupt. .

I point out the hypocrisy of progressives who pretend the corruption was invented in 2016 and the good guys are still clean.

Corruption existed around the time of Adam and Eve.  Historically both parties have left their stain on American politics.   The modern American political system is currently awash in influence peddling, dirty money, avarice and is chock full of inequalities....

Yet in the here and now .....you play at Mr. Tell It All, when it comes to accusing "progressives" leftists" and other entities of inappropriate words and actions......yet somehow keep going that long extra mile... to continue glossing over, deflecting, excusing, or just outright evading any criticism of that lying, malignant, raging, narcissist Trump.

Or, perhaps you simply admire him because he is "successful"

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

But you do... a lot of your arguments are fox news talking points. Many of your rebuttals... Fox news talking points... Much of the conspiracies that toss around... fox news. 

If you are not deliberately spreading fox news talking points and misinformation... then you are being seriously manipulated- you should check it out if that is the case.

Brutal equivocation. It would be like  me accusing you of simply regurgitating buzzfeed or mother Jones or politico or Rachel or...

1 hour ago, do or die said:

Corruption existed around the time of Adam and Eve.  Historically both parties have left their stain on American politics.   The modern American political system is currently awash in influence peddling, dirty money, avarice and is chock full of inequalities....

Yet in the here and now .....you play at Mr. Tell It All, when it comes to accusing "progressives" leftists" and other entities of inappropriate words and actions......yet somehow keep going that long extra mile... to continue glossing over, deflecting, excusing, or just outright evading any criticism of that lying, malignant, raging, narcissist Trump.

Or, perhaps you simply admire him because he is "successful"

You can easily endure my moralizing on leftists as any of the numerous moral lecturers on cons, Nazis, fascists etc that roll off my back.

I'm no different than anyone who posts in this thread. It's not my problem my view isnt the popular, prevailing one in here.

Just now, Zontar said:

You can easily endure my moralizing on leftists as any of the numerous moral lecturers on cons, Nazis, fascists etc that roll off my back.

I'm no different than anyone who posts in this thread. It's not my problem my view isnt the popular, prevailing one in here.

Have posted on enough political boards to endure just about everything. 
Upon reflection, you actually provide some form of balance here.  
After all, at least somebody has to take on the odious task,of shielding Agent Orange. 

4 minutes ago, do or die said:

Have posted on enough political boards to endure just about everything. 
Upon reflection, you actually provide some form of balance here.  
After all, at least somebody has to take on the odious task,of shielding Agent Orange. 

"Defended" Trump on very few fronts. The garbage Russian treason smear and impeachment fiasco.

Trump has been a failure on many things. Have no problem pointing them out.

2 minutes ago, Zontar said:

"Defended" Trump on very few fronts. The garbage Russian treason smear and impeachment fiasco.

Trump has been a failure on many things. Have no problem pointing them out.

Well, you've done a pretty good job of hiding that particular light under a bushel basket, so far.....
😄

1 minute ago, do or die said:

Well, you've done a pretty good job of hiding that particular light under a bushel basket, so far.....
😄

Don't think so. He's been a flop on illegal immigration, worker visa abuse, closing fat cat tax loopholes, foreign policy all barely distinguishable from the average neo con.

I have said as much.

2 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Don't think so. He's been a flop on illegal immigration, worker visa abuse, closing fat cat tax loopholes, foreign policy all barely distinguishable from the average neo con.

I have said as much.

That was pretty well put.  
Please understand that beyond that ......my real animus towards Trump, is that he is a simply disgraceful human being, on multiple levels.  

My problem with the GOP is that they have permitted their party to be totally hijacked - what used to be the Right loony fringe, is almost making the policy now.....and the Senate lie flat on their bellies while Trump (who cares nothing about the party) dumps piles of garbage on top of the existing swamp - unqualified yes men, boot lickers, truth twisters, and conspiracy theorists.   The sort of folk, that Trump appreciates.

Now, the Democratic party was badly divided, last election what with Hillary's arrogance and Sanders's stubbornness.  That can't happen again.
Biden is a Pence-like figure head (without being a religious nutter) who will have to depend on the VP slot for the heavy lifting of battling with Trump.   If if comes to some form of brokered convention - the Dems are doomed.   I have laid out in earlier posts, what they would have to do to win......

5 minutes ago, do or die said:

That was pretty well put.  
Please understand that beyond that ......my real animus towards Trump, is that he is a simply disgraceful human being, on multiple levels.  

My problem with the GOP is that they have permitted their party to be totally hijacked - what used to be the Right loony fringe, is almost making the policy now.....and the Senate lie flat on their bellies while Trump (who cares nothing about the party) dumps piles of garbage on top of the existing swamp - unqualified yes men, boot lickers, truth twisters, and conspiracy theorists.   The sort of folk, that Trump appreciates.

Now, the Democratic party was badly divided, last election what with Hillary's arrogance and Sanders's stubbornness.  That can't happen again.
Biden is a Pence-like figure head (without being a religious nutter) who will have to depend on the VP slot for the heavy lifting of battling with Trump.   If if comes to some form of brokered convention - the Dems are doomed.   I have laid out in earlier posts, what they would have to do to win......

Don't see much of the hijacking. Pretty much same old same old GOP stuff. Senate supports him because he's still viable and hasnt affected change to the point Senate would turn on him

Trump has nibbled away at a few corners of cherished neo con stuff.

Not sure one can say the party is essentially any different than before, imo.

11 hours ago, Zontar said:

No I hit the nail on the head. You don't have to defend fox news, you are just using their playbook. Works on stupid people with no interest in looking at things through a critical lens, aka regressives. 

No you desperately try and claim you're not like that!1!11!!!! Yet you embody everything wrong with the conservative movement these days. Lies, misinformation, policy guided by hate and fear. 

27 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Looks like it went right over your head again.   Let’s try this one. 

Are you in the Canadian Politics thread critiquing  Trudeau's handling of this thing? If not this is just a partisan game for you and you have no leg to stand on trying to turn this into a morality test.

18 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

No I hit the nail on the head. You don't have to defend fox news, you are just using their playbook. Works on stupid people with no interest in looking at things through a critical lens, aka regressives. 

No you desperately try and claim you're not like that!1!11!!!! Yet you embody everything wrong with the conservative movement these days. Lies, misinformation, policy guided by hate and fear. 

Irony being I don't consume Fox media but you certainly do as you  boast of knowing their playbook. I avoid most corporate media like poison because it misinforms and promotes narratives for special interests.

But do go on with the point and splutter personal attacks and keep watching the news..

Just now, Zontar said:

Are you in the Canadian Politics thread critiquing  Trudeau's handling of this thing? If not this is just a partisan game for you and you have no leg to stand on trying to turn this into a morality test.

Is there anything you wouldnt defend your lord & savior Donald Trump on?   lol  The whataboutism is strong in this one.

I know you're just trolling, but I am absolutely no fan of JT and if you followed the Canadian thread, you'd know that.  hahahaha

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Is there anything you wouldnt defend your lord & savior Donald Trump on?   lol  The whataboutism is strong in this one.

I know you're just trolling, but I am absolutely no fan of JT and if you followed the Canadian thread, you'd know that.  hahahaha

Is there any crisis, emergency , tragedy you won't exploit to try and own Trump ? Seriously, is a pandemic a gotcha game for you ? Pitiful.

If I go into the Canadian thread what will I find from you on Trudeau's virus strategy ?

Edited by Zontar

6 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Is there any crisis, emergency , tragedy you won't exploit to try and own Trump ? Seriously, is a pandemic a gotcha game for you ? Pitiful.

hahahahaha you getting desperate in your responses.  Trump self-owns every single day.  Its sad that people will die this time, but its still worth pointing out!

The obvious take-away is not that the US is dealing with a crazy thing and is doing everything they can to get in front of it, its that Trump is an idiot who cares more about appearances than real action, that he chose to downplay the risk because it served his own interests.  How low could he sink before you'd have an issue with him (and not like before when you would pretend not to love him, but like, really have an issue....or do his values and moral character align too closely with your own for that to happen)?  Real question, btw.

Edited by The Unknown Poster