US Politics

Rich

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Pence sneaks into the oval office every morning before anyone gets there and sits in the president's chair. I bet he has his cabinet assembled already. 

And right about now, Pence is telling Senator's "hey, I know Im implicated too, but when Trump goes down, its either me or Nancy."   Trump saying the same thing!

Seriously, if there is any remaining soul in the GOP, they want to boot Trump ASAP so they can run a real ticket in 2020.  Their fear, ofcourse, is Trump takes everyone down with him (creates a "Trump" party and runs anyway).  Although, Trump might be too busy with criminal trials by then.  Perhaps Haley's recent smoke blowing is more about a Pence/Haley ticket then replacing Pence in Trump's ticket.

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

And right about now, Pence is telling Senator's "hey, I know Im implicated too, but when Trump goes down, its either me or Nancy."   Trump saying the same thing!

Seriously, if there is any remaining soul in the GOP, they want to boot Trump ASAP so they can run a real ticket in 2020.  Their fear, ofcourse, is Trump takes everyone down with him (creates a "Trump" party and runs anyway).  Although, Trump might be too busy with criminal trials by then.  Perhaps Haley's recent smoke blowing is more about a Pence/Haley ticket then replacing Pence in Trump's ticket.

The party will be split. The Never-Trumpers that never left the party will try to pull it back and the Trumpers will pull too. It will be messy. Similar to how the Tea Baggers tried to pull the party hard, they eventually came back together. 

But, the party of grift, will remain. They'll lie and they'll gerrymander the districts. They've already stacked the courts. The media are owned by them. And, they have proven they will do anything to keep power and wealth. 

there's a funny interview of mr sondland from 2016 where he's bragging about his "deal making "skills, and he makes sure there is always a "quid pro quo"

these guys love being in front of the camera and opening their mouths too much.

they remind me of Beavis and Butthead.

Edited by Mark F

So much for

Trump being concerned with Ukraine corruption
Uncle Rudy acting as a free agent
Hearsay evidence

Everyone was in on this criminal activity.   Not just Rudy ( on Trump's order) but Pence, Barr, Pompeo, et al.

Pretty clear with the WH stonewalling with allowing anyone to testify and putting out the phony baloney narratives.   Look for some of the rats to bail, or be shoved under the bus by Trump

4 minutes ago, do or die said:

So much for

Trump being concerned with Ukraine corruption
Uncle Rudy acting as a free agent
Hearsay evidence

Everyone was in on this criminal activity.   Not just Rudy ( on Trump's order) but Pence, Barr, Pompeo, et al.

Pretty clear with the WH stonewalling with allowing anyone to testify and putting out the phony baloney narratives.   Look for some of the rats to bail, or be shoved under the bus by Trump

Yup. Reports coming that Pompeo is looking to quit. 

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Interesting.  Probably Barr trying to discredit him.  Whistle blower literally doesn’t matter now at all. 

Sure, but they're going to get their pound of flesh. They'll drag him through the mud. 

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

that many people of that power being implicated in a bribery scheme

mafia system.  You can only be trusted by Trump, if he has something on you.

Then there's Trump's boss' system.

A new book by BuzzFeed News’s Global Investigations Editor connects 14 suspected Russian assassinations on British soil — first exposed by BuzzFeed News in 2017 — to a much wider campaign of Kremlin-sanctioned killing around the world. This exclusive excerpt of From Russia with Blood: The Kremlin's Ruthless Assassination Program and Vladimir Putin's Secret War on the West reveals Scotland Yard’s desperate scramble to shield the disorderly oligarch Boris Berezovsky from a string of audacious murder plots in the heart of London.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/heidiblake/putin-global-assassination-campaign-berezovsky-london

Maybe Moscow Mitch, Trump, jailbird Manafort, and some others are more afraid of Putin, than anything Pelosi will do.

So the GOP defence has now moved to:

a) When Sondland asked Trump what he wanted from Ukraine in exchange for the meeting, he said "I want nothing, I want no quid pro quo" (that conversation occurred Sept. 9 - right AFTER the whistleblower complaint became public knowledge)

b) Ukraine got a phone call, a meeting, and military aid for ultimately no investigation into Biden in return, so no delivery of quid pro quo (phone call was where quid pro quo discussed, the meeting DID NOT in fact happen, and the aid was released only AFTER the whistleblower complaint leaked)

c) No one ever told Sondland directly that aid was tied to the investigations (so you saw Trump with the smoking gun in his hands standing over the dead body on 5th Avenue, but he never SAID he killed the guy, and no one else told you that he did it, so then there is NO MURDER, right?)

The goalposts are in the upper deck by now.