US Politics

Rich

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I guess Rudy thinks democracy is a sad joke with no legitimacy.

This is a key part of Trumpism.

He seems to have the ability to infect those around him with this.

Although the Republicans are inclined that way anyway.  George Bush appointed by supreme court.

This surprised me "we had to destroy the village to save it" makes sense to a lot of Americans.

"A poll found that 52% of people who identify as or lean Republican said they would support postponing the 2020 election to ensure that only eligible citizens could vote if it was proposed by President Trump."

Edited by Mark F

4 hours ago, Mark F said:

This is a key part of Trumpism.

He seems to have the ability to infect those around him with this.

Although the Republicans are inclined that way anyway.  George Bush appointed by supreme court.

This surprised me "we had to destroy the village to save it" makes sense to a lot of Americans.

I remember people thinking W would find a way to indefinitely postpone elections.  Ofcourse he would never do that. But imagine a war happening right before the elections and/or a close loss for trump where he claims the other side cheated.  You can see it...

16 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I remember people thinking W would find a way to indefinitely postpone elections.  Ofcourse he would never do that. But imagine a war happening right before the elections and/or a close loss for trump where he claims the other side cheated.  You can see it...

I would be very surprised if there was a peaceful transition of power. 

3 hours ago, do or die said:

Never mind all that fake news.....finally made it back to the one of the sites, that tells it like it is:

I understand that Trump himself believes that kind of thing. A while ago he had one of the Q guys in his office. Thinks The Ukraine conspired to help clinton. Actually thinks Alex Jones is credible.

43 minutes ago, Mark F said:

I understand that Trump himself believes that kind of thing. A while ago he had one of the Q guys in his office. Thinks The Ukraine conspired to help clinton. Actually thinks Alex Jones is credible.

Had some brief dialog with Jones, over the Sandy Hook shootings...quite a while back......guy is a total manic.  Of course, all you would have to do, is hear or read some of his other crap, to figure that out....

https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/ny-oped-the-dam-is-breaking-20190927-zrq5seb7rbfnpoocekkii2nmba-story.html

"It’s pointless trying to imagine the depths Trump will go to in order to win reelection because such people have a limitless ability to shock. Trump has no sense of social norms or public service or duty to anything or anyone but himself. He is terrified of losing power and his bluster about welcoming an impeachment fight is the rage of a bully whose victim finally punched him in the nose."

Gary Casparov who lived in the Soviet Union.

26 minutes ago, Mark F said:

https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/ny-oped-the-dam-is-breaking-20190927-zrq5seb7rbfnpoocekkii2nmba-story.html

"It’s pointless trying to imagine the depths Trump will go to in order to win reelection because such people have a limitless ability to shock. Trump has no sense of social norms or public service or duty to anything or anyone but himself. He is terrified of losing power and his bluster about welcoming an impeachment fight is the rage of a bully whose victim finally punched him in the nose."

Gary Casparov who lived in the Soviet Union.

Good article- thanks.

When a former Honduran congressman goes on trial next week in Manhattan, charged with conspiring to import cocaine into the United States, his older brother will be absent from the courtroom but will loom large over the case.

That older brother, Juan Orlando Hernández, is the president of Honduras, and an ally of President Trump on immigration and security, which are Washington’s top priorities in the region.

But even as President Hernández agreed on Wednesday to a deal that will allow the United States to force some migrants to seek asylum in Honduras — a cornerstone in Mr. Trump’s plan to curb migration — federal prosecutors were preparing to present evidence that the Honduran president was a member of the drug trafficking conspiracy his brother was charged in.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/26/world/americas/honduras-drug-trafficking-trial.html

So if you're Jonathon Heffney, nine years, if you're President of Honduras, you are an ally of Trump.

Amazing how far down Trump has taken the US. Basically just a publicly run mafia thug enterprise in the Whitehouse.

Whistle blower attorney's letter to the House of Representatives:

(PDF link to letter to House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and Senate Select Committee on Intelligence)

The purpose of this letter is to formally notify you of serious concerns we have regarding our client’s personal safety. We appreciate your office’s support thus far to activate appropriate resources to ensure their safety.

The events of the past week have heightened our concerns that our client’s identity will be disclosed publicly and that, as a result, our client will be put in harm’s way. On September 26, 2019, the President of the United States said the following: 

I want to know who’s the person that gave the Whistleblower, who’s the person that gave the Whistleblower the information, because that’s close to a spy. You know what we used to do in the old days when we were smart? Right? With spies and treason, right? We used to handle them a little differently than we do now. 

The fact that the President’s statement was directed to “the person that gave the Whistleblower the information” does nothing to assuage our concerns for our client’s safety. Moreover, certain individuals have issued a $50,000 “bounty” for “any information” relating to our client’s identity. 
Edited by Mark F

Trump and his cronies are getting ready for full dictatorship, imagine when a president says that the person leading the investigation into his misdeeds should be arrested and that if they impeach him that a civil war should break out. The damage done by this idiot will follow him around for the rest of his life.

13 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Trump and his cronies are getting ready for full dictatorship, imagine when a president says that the person leading the investigation into his misdeeds should be arrested and that if they impeach him that a civil war should break out. The damage done by this idiot will follow him around for the rest of his life.

I hope to God that he does not get a sweetheart deal of resignation of the presidency in which Trump is promised non-prosecution post-presidency- that ****** needs to burn. 

33 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I hope to God that he does not get a sweetheart deal of resignation of the presidency in which Trump is promised non-prosecution post-presidency- that ****** needs to burn. 

You can add all the enablers and cronies, they all need to pay the price and a heavy price so in future someone will think twice before having such blind faith in a criminal.