US Politics

Rich

13 hours ago, Zontar said:

Best take so far

"What if the Steele Dossier and the Blasey-Ford allegation had a baby? "

How much of the Steele dossier is verified? How much of it has been discredited?

Who is a more credible person? Blaisey-ford or Kavanaugh? 

Stick to football- your team is going to get stomped.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

How much of the Steele dossier is verified? How much of it has been discredited?

Who is a more credible person? Blaisey-ford or Kavanaugh? 

Stick to football- your team is going to stomped.

1. Most of it 

2. None of it. 

3. Ford. 

4. Yup 

21 minutes ago, do or die said:

Rudy sees trouble over the hill.   Now throwing people (State Dept.) under that bus, right and left:

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/463340-giuliani-state-department-official-should-step-forward-i-wasnt

The wheels on the bus, go round and round. 

He's about to go full Rudy!

“I’m the legitimate whistleblower,” Giuliani responded. “I have uncovered corruption that this Washington swamp has been covering up effectively for years and his State Department, you know, asked me to do this. So Mike, if you’re unhappy with me, I’m sorry but I accomplished my mission.” 

“I have no idea if he is unhappy with me or not,” Giuliani added. “Frankly, I don’t care. I’m the president’s lawyer!”

15 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I wonder if these calls were buried like the Ukraine one..

"Russia hopes the U.S. doesn’t release transcripts of President Donald Trump’s conversations with Vladimir Putin as it did this week with his talks with the Ukrainian leader, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said Friday."

Translation

" I can't stand stand squealers. Hit that guy!"

Albert Anastasia  Vladimir Putin

NRA Was 'Foreign Asset' To Russia Ahead of 2016, New Senate Report Reveals

September 27, 201910:01 AM ET

"The National Rifle Association acted as a "foreign asset" for Russia in the period leading up to the 2016 election, according to a new investigation unveiled Friday by Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore.

Drawing on contemporaneous emails and private interviews, an 18-month probe by the Senate Finance Committee's Democratic staff found that the NRA underwrote political access for Russian nationals Maria Butina and Alexander Torshin more than previously known — even though the two had declared their ties to the Kremlin.

The report, available here, also describes how closely the gun rights group was involved with organizing a 2015 visit by some of its leaders to Moscow.

Then-NRA vice president Pete Brownell, who would later become NRA president, was enticed to visit Russia with the promise of personal business opportunities — and the NRA covered a portion of the trip's costs.

The conclusions of the Senate investigation could have legal implications for the NRA, Wyden says.

Tax-exempt organizations are barred from using funds for the personal benefit of its officials or for actions significantly outside their stated missions. The revelations in the Senate report raise questions about whether the NRA could face civil penalties or lose its tax-exempt status."

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/27/764879242/nra-was-foreign-asset-to-russia-ahead-of-2016-new-senate-report-reveals?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=nprnews

I suspect questioning Rudy would be complicated given that he can claim attorney-client privilege.  But the dude is such a random shitshow that who knows if he'll be able to keep a lid on it when he's under questioning.

For federal criminal trials in the US where attorneys are effectively co-conspirators, like in organized crime scenarios, there are ways to compel attorney testimony.  Don't know how it would work for Congress.

16 hours ago, johnzo said:

I suspect questioning Rudy would be complicated given that he can claim attorney-client privilege.  But the dude is such a random shitshow that who knows if he'll be able to keep a lid on it when he's under questioning.

For federal criminal trials in the US where attorneys are effectively co-conspirators, like in organized crime scenarios, there are ways to compel attorney testimony.  Don't know how it would work for Congress.

He's already setting himself up for that, throwing out suggestions for Trump to follow in the media.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/27/politics/giuliani-testimony-protected-interview/index.html

The most disgusting part of Guliani's statement is his open contempt for the process:

Asked if he was concerned he would be subpoenaed by the House, Giuliani laughed.
"I consider them a joke. A sad joke. They have no legitimacy. I would think of challenging their subpoena on the grounds that they're not a legitimate committee," Giuliani said.

These are the duly elected representatives doing the duty the US public put them in office for. So I guess Rudy thinks democracy is a sad joke with no legitimacy. As a lawyer, if he said that about a sitting judge he was in front of, he'd be cited for contempt and held in jail. Pathetic.