US Politics

Rich

41 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Just an FYI, in case anyone missed it, Democratic senators also asked the Ukraine to investigate Trump on the Russian probe or they would withhold aid to the country. I'm failing to see the difference? Anyone want to help me out here? 

The big difference is one of those things happened (with lots of evidence including a public confession) and the other didn’t.  

42 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Just an FYI, in case anyone missed it, Democratic senators also asked the Ukraine to investigate Trump on the Russian probe or they would withhold aid to the country. I'm failing to see the difference? Anyone want to help me out here? 

Maybe Snopes can help you out

8 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Maybe Snopes can help you out

In the time it took for the op to ask that question I had googled the answer.  Interesting discussion on cnn yesterday from an historian talking about how difficult it is for people who voted for (or supported) a candidate to change their mind.   Human psychology at work. 

Anyway, more news 

2 hours ago, pigseye said:

Shoot me some links and I can see what you are talking about- you seem to be kind of wrong in your facts there.

7 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Shoot me some links and I can see what you are talking about- you seem to be kind of wrong in your facts there.

My facts are wrong, they didn't directly say they would pull the aid if the investigations were shut down, but the implication is there.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/fact-check-trump-s-false-claim-democrats-threatened-ukraine-aid-n1059156

I'm not defending Trump but the Democrats like the Liberals here are the biggest hypocrites on the planet.

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

My facts are wrong, they didn't directly say they would pull the aid if the investigations were shut down, but the implication is there.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/fact-check-trump-s-false-claim-democrats-threatened-ukraine-aid-n1059156

I'm not defending Trump but the Democrats like the Liberals here are the biggest hypocrites on the planet.

Cool, I respect anyone who fesses up and admits they were wrong and provide a link- total respect.

2 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

And more insane... 100% on brand.

He's not sure if he should be distracting from Kurdish genocide or his failed appeal on income tax submissions.  Also, he might be running out of Sudafed. 

THREAD
In 2016, Trump posted a photo of himself that gave away more than he intended. An open desk drawer revealed box after box of Sudafed, piled on top of one another.

EGH_5VRUYAAKp4a?format=jpg&name=smallEGH_5VRU0AITQbe?format=jpg&name=large

12 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

He's not sure if he should be distracting from Kurdish genocide or his failed appeal on income tax submissions.  Also, he might be running out of Sudafed. 

THREAD
In 2016, Trump posted a photo of himself that gave away more than he intended. An open desk drawer revealed box after box of Sudafed, piled on top of one another.

EGH_5VRUYAAKp4a?format=jpg&name=smallEGH_5VRU0AITQbe?format=jpg&name=large

A sign of abuse of this drug might be finding a large amount of cold medicine drug packaging among someone’s belongings.   The sensations that are felt from a pseudoephedrine high are described as short-term and can raise energy levels, cause a ticklish feeling on the skin, and induce a sense of euphoria.  Those who are most likely to abuse pseudoephedrine are those who believe it may help them lose weight, or those who already abuse other substances. In some cases, pseudoephedrine is used by those who are involved in the production and use of methamphetamine, otherwise known as meth.

https://www.addictionhope.com/blog/pseudoephedrine-abuse-the-signs-and-symptoms/

4 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

New talking point for GOP

"Yeah he shouldn't have done that- that was an abuse of power- but impeachment is too extreme."

"Yes, his actions were inappropriate, and we feel uneasy about the some of his statements and tweets.  These things are unfortunate and certainly not helpful.   But that is not what he meant to say and he really didn't mean it"