US Politics

Rich

47 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Americans (or at least the pro gun nuts) are so self absorbed.  If the idea that unarmed people are easy pickings then in nations with gun control, there should be tons of murders.  There isnt.  They need to wake up.

Given decades of right wing commentators telling them..... that they are under threat from immigrants, migrants, people of other colored skins, big government, anti-abortion supporters and leftist mobs......

10 minutes ago, pigseye said:

She's 85, call it a career already Ruth, sheesh. 

Gee how did I know you'd say that.  (And an ageist remark at that).  Most people want an unbiased, non-partisan supreme court that upholds the constitution and the rights and freedoms of the citizenry.  The alt right wants an alt right supreme court that upholds the white nationalist agenda and co-opts the constitution for their cause.  sheesh

I have a feeling that if you and your kind want RBG's seat, you're going to have to pry it from her cold dead hands.

Edited by The Unknown Poster

7 minutes ago, do or die said:

T

rump’s involvement in the payments, by itself, wouldn’t mean he is guilty of federal crimes, Richard Hasen, a law professor at the University of California, Irvine, who specializes in election law, told the paper.

A criminal conviction would require proof that Trump willfully ignored legal bans on contributions from companies or individuals larger than $2,700, he said.

This is a dead end. 

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

Gee how did I know you'd say that.  (And an ageist remark at that).  Most people want an unbiased, non-partisan supreme court that upholds the constitution and the rights and freedoms of the citizenry.  The alt right wants an alt right supreme court that upholds the white nationalist agenda and co-opts the constitution for their cause.  sheesh

Says the one constantly blaming 'old white guys' for the world's ills, pot meet kettle, lol. 

4 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Care to elaborate on the meaning of that statement, probably best to just let sleeping dogs lie. 

Which would you prefer, that I elaborate or "let sleeping dogs lie" (which is an odd term to describe yourself if I read it correctly).  I think you know exactly what I meant. lol

Lindsay Graham arse licker du jour flips so many times he doesn't know what planet he's on, as for Whitaker this "run around" that got him the temp AG job will just lead to more obstruction charges, Trump apart from be a disgusting human. is also not as smart as the hamster in his brain telling him he is.

One of the things wrong with American politics.  Fox even had a whole panel snickering about it.   They can’t believe a regular person won and can’t afford to move to Washington   They expect politicians to all be rich

She graduated University  just 7 years ago.  Her dad died.  Her mom cleans homes.  She worked as a bartender and waitress.  She wins an election thats supposed to be about representing the people and she's made fun of because she cant afford to live in Washington while NOT collecting a paycheque.

It doesnt matter what side you're on, more average people should be encouraged to run and not shamed for lacking the resources of wealthy career politicians.  

Edited by The Unknown Poster