US Politics

Rich

'Yikes': Ex-Trump lawyer startled by Trump fundraising email 'impersonating' DeSantis — but it's fake

Donald Trump’s presidential campaign is under fire after a local news anchor from Florida accused the organization of sending out a fundraising email that appeared to be from Governor Ron DeSantis. But the Trump campaign says the email is fake.

“It’s a slick fundraising email,” tweeted Spectrum News 13 anchor Greg Angel on Monday, noting that it included the Florida governor’s “campaign logo, photo, and all.”
“But - check the fine print,” he continued. “It’s a fundraising email actually for Trump PAC and presidential campaign. Always read the fine print.”

“A former popular president using a very popular governor to raise campaign cash? Not the first email like this. More and more it shows Gov. DeSantis’ orbit of power and influence - his gravitational pull in the GOP,” Angel added in a subsequent tweet.

The allegations prompted a flood of reactions.

"Trump is impersonating DeSantis in this fundraising email? Highly doubtful Team DeSantis signed off on this. Not a good sign for Trump 2024 campaign, sorry," tweeted media strategist Gabriella Hoffman.

Many in Trumpworld responded as well.

“Over/under on DeSantis campaign sending a cease and desist? Because this is yikes,” said former Trump attorney Jenna Ellis.

https://www.alternet.org/this-is-yikes-ex-trump-lawyer-startled-by-trump-fundraising-email-impersonating-desantis-but-it-s-fake-2659263997/

'Vengeance is mine declares the Lord': Marjorie Taylor Greene goes on biblical rant about 'evil'

U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) used Martin Luther King Jr. Day to serve up a Christian bible-based Old Testament rant that both reserves “vengeance” for God while calling on House Republicans to take action.

“Vengeance is mine declares the Lord,” the far-right self-identified Christian nationalist congresswoman proclaimed from her official government Twitter account. “God will not let evil go unpunished.”
She then called on House Republicans, saying they “must do what is right for the American people and no longer serve the Uniparty and the Globalist agenda,” presumably equating the few remaining “moderate” Republicans with the entire Democratic caucus.

“America First!” Greene then cried.

(From this rant, it appears that MTG is going straight to Hell on the express elevator)

Trump Turns On Evangelicals As His 2024 President Bid Collapses

Conservative evangelicals exposed their values fraud when they supported Trump, and now the ex-president is paying them back with attacks.

Trump complains about evangelicals not supporting him enough.  Trump said about evangelicals who have not supported him yet, “Well, I don’t care. That’s a sign of disloyalty. There is great disloyalty in politics, and that’s a sign of disloyalty, because nobody as you know, and you would know better than anybody because you do such a great job. Nobody has ever done more for right to life than Donald Trump. I put three Supreme Court justices on and they all voted and they got something they’ve been fighting for for 64 years. You know, they won. They won Roe. Wade. I was a little disappointed because I thought they could have fought much harder during the ’22 election because they won.”

To sum up, Trump thinks evangelicals are disloyal because they haven’t lined up to support him for 2024. Trump clearly thinks evangelicals owe him for the overturn of Roe, but they are also to blame for the historic Republican failure in the 2022 midterm election.

23 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Trump Turns On Evangelicals As His 2024 President Bid Collapses

Conservative evangelicals exposed their values fraud when they supported Trump, and now the ex-president is paying them back with attacks.

Trump complains about evangelicals not supporting him enough.  Trump said about evangelicals who have not supported him yet, “Well, I don’t care. That’s a sign of disloyalty. There is great disloyalty in politics, and that’s a sign of disloyalty, because nobody as you know, and you would know better than anybody because you do such a great job. Nobody has ever done more for right to life than Donald Trump. I put three Supreme Court justices on and they all voted and they got something they’ve been fighting for for 64 years. You know, they won. They won Roe. Wade. I was a little disappointed because I thought they could have fought much harder during the ’22 election because they won.”

To sum up, Trump thinks evangelicals are disloyal because they haven’t lined up to support him for 2024. Trump clearly thinks evangelicals owe him for the overturn of Roe, but they are also to blame for the historic Republican failure in the 2022 midterm election.

To say that Trump's Presidential bid is collapsing is underestimating the man. He still has a firm grip on the GOP. Will he be able to maintain it right through the GOP convention next summer is the question.  Way too early to right the guy off just yet. 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

To say that Trump's Presidential bid is collapsing is underestimating the man. He still has a firm grip on the GOP. Will he be able to maintain it right through the GOP convention next summer is the question.  Way too early to right the guy off just yet. 

I think this is a fair point.  He was being written off right up until he was elected President.

25 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

I think this is a fair point.  He was being written off right up until he was elected President.

Hard to predict what his rabid supporters will do for him. They have already demonstrated a willingness to commit treason and murder but with Trump, it seems to be equal motivation between money and sycophancy. When it becomes obvious that he will not be either the GOP presidential candidate or the next president, he will first go onto a maniacal rant, then move onto a scorched earth program. Even his toadies will not be safe.

Edited by Tracker

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/us-nm-shootings-arrest-1.6716316

A failed Republican candidate who authorities said was angry over his defeat and made baseless claims the election last November was "rigged" against him was arrested in connection with a series of drive-by shootings targeting the homes of Democratic lawmakers in New Mexico's largest city.

Solomon Pena, 39, was arrested Monday evening, just hours after SWAT officers served search warrants at his home and took him into custody, police said. 

Albuquerque Police Chief Harold Medina described Pena as the "mastermind" of what he said appears to be a politically motivated conspiracy leading to shootings at the homes of two county commissioners and two state legislators between early December and early January.

What the ****.

53 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Trump has convinced his feeble-minded followers that the government is rightfully and permanently theirs, regardless of the votes and, because of that, any Democrat victory is illegal and reserved to be opposed, violently if necessary. The end justifies the means, and if they are caught they were only following orders.

Domestic Terrorist Supporter Marjorie Taylor Greene Named To Homeland Security Committee

Via CNN:  Republican Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia and Paul Gosar of Arizona have been given committee assignments for the new Congress after being booted from their committees by Democrats and some Republicans for their incendiary remarks, sources told CNN.

The House GOP Steering Committee on Tuesday agreed to place Greene on the House Homeland Security Committee, which has jurisdiction over the border and will likely play a role in potentially impeaching Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas.

Kevin McCarthy apparently promised Greene a seat on the the Homeland Security Committee, which could be dangerous for national security given that Greene has been one of the vocal members of the House in support of the domestic terrorists who attacked the Capitol on 1/6.
Rep. Greene is also desperate to impeach Biden administration officials and have a perch where she can attack the President and claim that he has jeopardized national security.

Trump is giving serious consideration to choosing Greene to be his running mate if he wins the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, so it makes that she would want a seat on a committee where she can both whitewash Trump’s record and attack President Biden.

Marjorie Taylor Greene who is thought of in many circles as a threat to national security will be conducting oversight over those who keep America safe.

4 minutes ago, bustamente said:

I don't think anybody should be surprised with what the Republicans are going to be focused on in the House they pretty well laid it out before they took power, They will impeach everyone and little else until the next election when they will be out again, 

They have no policies, no ideas, not an active brain cell in the whole group. What else could they possibly do? 

13 minutes ago, JCon said:

They have no policies, no ideas, not an active brain cell in the whole group. What else could they possibly do? 

Indulge themselves in an orgy of revenge and backstabbing.

Wisconsin Republicans strike down state ban on LGBTQ+ conversion therapy

Republicans in the Wisconsin State Legislature earlier this month blocked a ban on conversion therapy, a pseudoscientific method of "curing" non-heteronormative sexual orientations and gender preferences, that is illegal in nearly half the country.

On Thursday, January 12th, all six GOP lawmakers on the Joint Committee for Review and Administrative Rules banded together to strike down the Badger State's standing prohibition, "effectively making the practice legal," the Heartland Signal reported on Monday. It was the second time that conservative legislators relegalized the dehumanizing therapeutic technique that medical experts have repeatedly warned is "torture" and a violation of human rights.

George Santos accused of swindling disabled veteran and letting his dog die: report

A disabled veteran on Tuesday accused Rep. George Santos, R-N.Y., of taking $3,000 from his dying dog's GoFundMe fundraising campaign.

Navy veteran Richard Osthoff was living in a tent in an abandoned chicken coop in New Jersey when his service dog Sapphire developed a stomach tumor that would cost $3,000 to remove, he told Patch.

"I know a guy who runs a pet charity who can help you," Osthoff recalled a veterinary technician telling him.

The tech connected him to Anthony Devolder, one of the aliases Santos used for years, and told him he ran a charity called Friends of Pets United. There is no evidence that the charity ever existed, though Santos claimed that he saved thousands of animals through the group. He has also been caught fabricating much of his resume, educational history and other claims made during his campaign.

Osthoff and another veteran, retired police Sgt. Michael Boll, who tried to intervene to help Osthoff in 2016, told Patch that Santos closed the GoFundMe he set up for Sapphire after it raised $3,000. Then he disappeared.

"He stopped answering my texts and calls," Osthoff told the outlet.

Sapphire died Jan. 15, 2017, and Osthoff said he had to panhandle to raise money for her euthanasia and cremation.

"It was one of the most degrading things I ever had to do," he recalled.

https://www.salon.com/2023/01/18/george-santos-accused-of-swindling-disabled-veteran-and-letting-his-dog-die-report/