US Politics

Rich

10 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Dirty tactic but not really unique to Trump.  I don't approve, but at the same time, no one's right to vote is being taken away.

If proven in a court of law, yes it would.

So the issue wouldn't be if he actually sexually assaulted someone, its only if he's found guilty in court?  Knowing a President is unlikely to be permitted to be indicted, how would that work?  Thats a very convenient way to say "if he is proven in court to have committed a crime, I would turn against him" when he cant actually be taken to court for a crime...

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

So the issue wouldn't be if he actually sexually assaulted someone, its only if he's found guilty in court?  Knowing a President is unlikely to be permitted to be indicted, how would that work?  Thats a very convenient way to say "if he is proven in court to have committed a crime, I would turn against him" when he cant actually be taken to court for a crime...

I get what you're saying, but how do I know it actually happened if it is never proven?

The White House new slogan Deflect , Disregard, Disgrace, while another school tragedy happens and the script starts all over again horror, shock, sadness, anger, talk, rallies and nothing gets done except politicians patting each other on their backs for there strong leadership.

This is what happens when you rot kids minds with left-leaning political views:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/dimitrios-pagourtzis-santa-fe-shooting-1.4670405

He also posted a photo of a long jacket adorned with a mish-mash of military and occult symbols and appeared to indicate, in the caption, each one's significance to him. They included the Soviet-era symbol of a hammer and sickle (which he equated with "rebellion"), the former German military medal the Iron Cross ("bravery") and the fictional alien/god Cthulhu ("power").

4 hours ago, Atomic said:

The majority of people dying at the Gaza border are Hamas terrorists.  Is Israel not allowed to defend itself?

https://www.thejc.com/comment/comment/i-said-israel-should-be-ashamed-of-its-actions-on-the-gaza-border-now-i-am-the-one-who-is-ashamed-1.464233?platform=hootsuite

Were they armed?

Did the snipers know they were terrorists?

Were they actually terrorist? No one usually believes hamas, why should we now?

This doctor and paramedic terrorists?

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-canadian-doctor-shot-by-israeli-sniper-near-gaza-border/

Disproportional retaliation is not a legitimate way to defend themselves.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

6 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Were they armed?

Did the snipers know they were terrorists?

Were they actually terrorist? No one usually believes hamas, why should we now?

This doctor and paramedic terrorists?

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-canadian-doctor-shot-by-israeli-sniper-near-gaza-border/

Disproportional retaliation is not a legitimate way to defend themselves.

What is a legitimate way?  Did you read the article?

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

What is a legitimate way?  Did you read the article?

Yeah i did, i disagree with his assessment of what happened.

Read this;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-middle-east-44167900

the "stark contrast in casualties on both sides is... suggestive of a wholly disproportionate response" by Israel.

An Israeli soldier was "reportedly wounded, slightly, by a stone" on Monday, he said, while 43 Palestinians were killed at the site of the protests. Seventeen more Palestinians were killed away from what he called the "hot spots".

He said there had been "little evidence of any [Israeli] attempt to minimise casualties". Israel's actions might, he said, "constitute 'wilful killings' - a grave breach of the Fourth Geneva Convention", an international law designed to protect civilians under occupation.

The "wilful killings" is pretty much par for the course for the idf.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Correlation does not equal causation.

If it were true, its all the more reason for strict gun control since a majority of American voters last election voted for the left wing candidate as opposed to the right.

I agree with the first part.  I think it's a little tongue-in-cheek as a response to all the articles about the shooter wearing right-wing symbols while ignoring the blatant hammer-and-sickle also present.

And your so-called left-wing candidate was in the NRA's pocket just as much as anyone else.

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

I agree with the first part.  I think it's a little tongue-in-cheek as a response to all the articles about the shooter wearing right-wing symbols while ignoring the blatant hammer-and-sickle also present.

And your so-called left-wing candidate was in the NRA's pocket just as much as anyone else.

Well, Im a right wing person so no one is really my left wing candidate.  And even if that were true, it doesnt excuse Trump's lack of care for the shootings.  He's the President, not Hilary.  And he clearly doesnt give a rats ass.

NBC News‏Verified account @NBCNews

FollowFollow @NBCNews

More

The Trump administration is moving to reverse Obama-era rules barring hunters on some public lands in Alaska from baiting brown bears with bacon and doughnuts and using spotlights to shoot mother black bears and cubs hibernating in their dens.

Human beings need to be better than this.

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

This current Administration seems dead set on reversing everything the previous administration passed even when it makes absolutely no sense and has no facts to support it's reversal.

Bizarre.

I wish the current administration would reverse something that actually would do some good, like the drone program. Instead we get this petty, bitchy, vindictive stuff.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

This current Administration seems dead set on reversing everything the previous administration passed even when it makes absolutely no sense and has no facts to support it's reversal.

Bizarre.

It's sickening that there are people who would enjoy shooting and killing a hibernating female bear and cubs. This is really warped. 

It's the essence of cowardice.

Edited by Mark F

42 minutes ago, Mark F said:

It's sickening that there are people who would enjoy shooting and killing a hibernating female bear and cubs. This is really warped. 

It's the essence of cowardice.

It goes on in our own backyard as well.  How do you feel about Indigenous people using spotlights, night-hunting, etc?  Also cowardly?

7 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Yeah, that is pretty cowardly. 

What's with the race-baiting?

Right,  I mentioned  "human beings" in my first post. Some kind of assumption being made that I would think it's ok when Natives do it. Nope.

I'm not sure why every post is responded to by some people, with a "but what about __________________. Don't understand the logic there.

Edited by Mark F