Around The League Off Season Discussion

About 5 months too late I'd think... This should have happened right after the season was over. Or the second time the Esks defied the CFL with the mics & the games Jason Maas played on gthe sidelines with TSN. Maas had better change his attitude about a lot of things this coming season as Rhodes may have done it very late but the gauntlet has been thrown down & he'll be the next to go.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/eskimos-edmonton-football-hervey-rhodes-sports-1.4060611

13 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

About 5 months too late I'd think... This should have happened right after the season was over. Or the second time the Esks defied the CFL with the mics & the games Jason Maas played on gthe sidelines with TSN. Maas had better change his attitude about a lot of things this coming season as Rhodes may have done it very late but the gauntlet has been thrown down & he'll be the next to go.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/eskimos-edmonton-football-hervey-rhodes-sports-1.4060611

i found this utterly shocking. the timing of it, how well the eskes have done under him, just wow.

Perhaps a few weeks to around LD when the riders  smarten up and fire jones that is where he will land. off the top of my head im not sure where else he goes. 

Edited by wbbfan

9 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

i found this utterly shocking. the timing of it, how well the eskes have done under him, just wow.

Perhaps a few weeks to around LD when the riders  smarten up and fire jones that is where he will land. off the top of my head im not sure where else he goes. 

I'm not shocked as Hervey & Maas embarrassed the Eskimo organization with their antics during the 2 games the team was mic'd up. I think Rhodes was especially angry this happened. I'm surprised it was now & not right after the Esks lost the Eastern Final to the RedBlacks.. Like the Argos decision to can Barker so late it is unfathomable this didn't happen sooner.

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'm not shocked as Hervey & Maas embarrassed the Eskimo organization with their antics during the 2 games the team was mic'd up. I think Rhodes was especially angry this happened. I'm surprised it was now & not right after the Esks lost the Eastern Final to the RedBlacks.. Like the Argos decision to can Barker so late it is unfathomable this didn't happen sooner.

yeah the timing is whats really crazy. weve seen situations like that before from jones and the riders back to the Don in MTL. Normally it bottoms out when the winning stops not right before the draft. 

To add i agree that the way they dealt with the mic'd up thing was horribly un professional. Though i thought that was more maas, it prolly starts with hervey and runs down through the whole organization.

30 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Jones burned all of his bridges in Edmonton, did he not?

8 hours ago, wbbfan said:

yeah the timing is whats really crazy. weve seen situations like that before from jones and the riders back to the Don in MTL. Normally it bottoms out when the winning stops not right before the draft. 

To add i agree that the way they dealt with the mic'd up thing was horribly un professional. Though i thought that was more maas, it prolly starts with hervey and runs down through the whole organization.

If Hervey had wanted the team mic'd up he'd have told Maas who would have done it. Hervey & Maas were complicit in their decision not to mic up.

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If Hervey had wanted the team mic'd up he'd have told Maas who would have done it. Hervey & Maas were complicit in their decision not to mic up.

he certainly enabled it, no doubt. 

1 hour ago, tacklewasher said:

Am so looking forward to this season after the crap-fest of the Jets season. And I will be so looking forward to the Jets season after what I'm sure will be a crap-fest season for the Bombers.

Some days I think I'm not right in the head with my sports teams.

Being an S&M sports fan (bombers, jets, jays, raptors etc) it just makes it more worth while when the team does well. Atleast thats what i keep telling my self year after year after year after..... 

I expect the bombers to atleast have a much improved season on what weve had to deal with pre turn around last year. I think handily worse off this year then last year. Hamilton is still laying their hopes and prayers on a glass qb, the riders havent made the massive strides that they need to to turn it around, and while i like the front office changes in TO i think it comes too late. While we have one of the best NI groups in the league and only stand to get Much better. And weve made strong veteran pick ups to continue our own up tick. 

We clearly are not the power house team like calgary, and we dont have the bikini appeal of the leos, but I think we are still in a great position to challenge for 2nd to 3rd overall in the league during the regular season. 

I see some Riderfans are now predicting that with this firing the Esks. are well positioned to "**** the bed".....while being completely oblivious to the peril of their own team waking up with stinky blankets.  The collection of delusional characters that assemble there daily to rip each other up and shred logic is endlessly fascinating and a wee bit morbid to witness.

46 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Bad move, all Hervey did was win and wanted to be paid for it.

he reminds me of don mathews maybe he will end up in mtl.

5 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I see some Riderfans are now predicting that with this firing the Esks. are well positioned to "**** the bed".....while being completely oblivious to the peril of their own team waking up with stinky blankets.  The collection of delusional characters that assemble there daily to rip each other up and shred logic is endlessly fascinating and a wee bit morbid to witness.

Maybe if reilly goes down and franklin isnt what hes hyped up to... but even then the esks are still hands down better this year then the riders. :lol:

6 hours ago, tacklewasher said:

Am so looking forward to this season after the crap-fest of the Jets season. And I will be so looking forward to the Jets season after what I'm sure will be a crap-fest season for the Bombers.

Some days I think I'm not right in the head with my sports teams.

I am optimistic about the Bomber chances this season. They ought to finish no worse than second in the west if for no other reason than the Riders and Esks imploding, but I hope we will earn the playoff spot rather than have it fall to us by default. Nichols will be the incumbent and with a stable O-line and receivers, he should be better than last year.

3 hours ago, pigseye said:

Bad move, all Hervey did was win and wanted to be paid for it.

Hervey was the beneficiary of a darned good quarterback, maybe the best in the league. After awhile, his stupidity eclipsed whatever talent he had and it probably just a matter of time until he self-destructed.