CFL week 19 Power rankings

mgoodpaster

13 minutes ago, do or die said:

The mighty TSN has the Bombers 3rd.     Behind the Lions.

It's not only the mighty TSN. 

Get this, CBC sports has the BC Lions moving up from #5 to #2 - ahead of the Bombers.

Mind you, they had the Bombers in #3 anyways because they had Edmonton at #2 last week.

TSN, CBC. - both NTB (not too bright)

If someone wanted to present the perfect reasoning to void power rankings, they could look to these rankings.

It's another reason I prefer to refer to them as powder rankings..due to their flawed make up...

17 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I've got the Bombers in 2nd followed by BC and Edmonton, but it's pretty darn even among them. The next 2 weeks will be very interesting.

I'd probably have to agree with you... I've always preferred to look at the power ranks as more of a tiered system... to me, right now, there's probably 4 tiers:

1) Calgary... in a class of their own right now
2) Winnipeg, BC and Edmonton... all good teams, any could beat the other on any given day
3) Ottawa, Hamilton, Sask.... good teams but very inconsistent
4) Montreal, Toronto... just complete garbage

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

I'd probably have to agree with you... I've always preferred to look at the power ranks as more of a tiered system... to me, right now, there's probably 4 tiers:

1) Calgary... in a class of their own right now
2) Winnipeg, BC and Edmonton... all good teams, any could beat the other on any given day
3) Ottawa, Hamilton, Sask.... good teams but very inconsistent
4) Montreal, Toronto... just complete garbage

You would consider Saskatchewan a good team? They have 5 wins and lost to a no name rookie QB with no receiving core. I'd lump Saskatchewan into the group with Montreal and Toronto. 

11 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

You would consider Saskatchewan a good team? They have 5 wins and lost to a no name rookie QB with no receiving core. I'd lump Saskatchewan into the group with Montreal and Toronto. 

I'd consider Ottawa and Ham much better than Sask... but Sask much better than Mtl and Tor (which I guess doesn't really make sense since they lost to Mtl)... and I didn't really want to create a new tier for them... Sask is inconsistent, their best is as good as Ottawa and Hamilton's worst...