Week 8 Montréal @ Edmonton

Mr Dee

This one shouldn't have been close. Edmonton owned Montreal for most of the first half. TOP was hugely in their favour as were every other offensive stat.

Edmonton fumbled twice on the 1 yard line and had a TD called back on something that wasn't challengeable by challenging something else on the play. Refs should only be allowed look at what the HC is challenging, not the whole play to stop HC's from challenging just to see if the refs find something else in the play. It should also speed up challenges.

Pretty boring but close game until a great pick by Sherritt, a great punch out by Montreal then Glenn comes back in an throws another pick to seal the deal.

Those are 2 of the 3 teams we need to make the playoffs. We lost to Montreal and split with Edmonton. I don't know if it's just my blue coloured glasses or have I forgotten how badly we looked in the first 5 games, but I gotta say we look like the best team of the three right now.

43 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

This one shouldn't have been close. Edmonton owned Montreal for most of the first half. TOP was hugely in their favour as were every other offensive stat.

Edmonton fumbled twice on the 1 yard line and had a TD called back on something that wasn't challengeable by challenging something else on the play. Refs should only be allowed look at what the HC is challenging, not the whole play to stop HC's from challenging just to see if the refs find something else in the play. It should also speed up challenges.

Pretty boring but close game until a great pick by Sherritt, a great punch out by Montreal then Glenn comes back in an throws another pick to seal the deal.

Those are 2 of the 3 teams we need to make the playoffs. We lost to Montreal and split with Edmonton. I don't know if it's just my blue coloured glasses or have I forgotten how badly we looked in the first 5 games, but I gotta say we look like the best team of the three right now.

Hold that thought til after the game tonight....