Bomber Practice Updates

Floyd

Penton - Willy throwing darts,  Kyle Knox looks great at MLB... 

Justin Cole probably starting opposite Westerman...?

Bauming - Leggett not practicing, sounds like Bruce Johnson at SAM.

This leads to the question... why is Burnett on the roster if he can't sub in when our safety gets hurt or our SAM gets hurt.  Especially with a first round pick sitting 3rd on depth chart at WIL.

Edited by Floyd

Wow.  Posey and Harris out 2 weeks, Randle out 3 weeks, Neufeld 6-game... prob end of his career

Roberts-Fogg-Loffler-Hawkins-Jones...?  If Johnson is at SAM and Leggett actually injured...

Just can't see starting Greenwood after two days of practice...

If Hawkins doesn't get another shot, why is he on PR

4 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Wow.  Posey and Harris out 2 weeks, Randle out 3 weeks, Neufeld 6-game... prob end of his career

Roberts-Fogg-Loffler-Hawkins-Jones...?  If Johnson is at SAM and Leggett actually injured...

Just can't see starting Greenwood after two days of practice...

If Hawkins doesn't get another shot, why is he on PR

Crap, just crap. Not looking forward to Thursday's game. We are going to get lit up in the secondary, but if ever there was an underdog story to be  written, this is it. Time for Walters to earn his paycheque and get us a usable Canadian O-lineman.

Edited by tracker

Randle is the biggest loss. Considering we already had a porous secondary before it is even worse now. The dline simply must get through to Rielly. Hall is going to have to have his secondary press cover more .... lol, yeah sorry that was a ridiculous suggestion. He will back them off even further more than likely.

Looks pretty grim... only think I can think of is starting Corney - who has actually had success getting to the QB...  

IF Leggett is hurt, I would actually consider Bass-Knox-Wild and then just bring the house for the entire first half

Even if he's not hurt, he helps us more at S than SAM.

Need to pressure Reilly and hope he doesn't connect with Bowman early.

Just now, Floyd said:

Looks pretty grim... only think I can think of is starting Corney - who has actually had success getting to the QB...  

IF Leggett is hurt, I would actually consider Bass-Knox-Wild and then just bring the house for the entire first half

Even if he's not hurt, he helps us more at S than SAM.

Need to pressure Reilly and hope he doesn't connect with Bowman early.

they wont start corney with out another ni to back up both ends. we should but mos wont. 

Neufeld is in a walking boot apparently. 

Leggett isn't hurt, just taking a day off. Jace Davis is sick, feeling under the weather.

Randle is the biggest loss for sure. The rest? I honestly think we might be better off especially with Neufeld hurt on the Oline, means Bond probably gets a start

Bryant,Chungh,Goossen,Hardrick,Bond. Couture OL i'm sure. That's probably the best bet, I'd hope so at least. 

Edited by Goalie

As Wylie said, he's excited about the 'best crop' of import OL he's seen...  we're very close to starting 4 import OL...

If Burnett and Hawkins can't crack the starting lineup with all these injuries, they should not be here.

I'd seriously look at the ol' Teague Sherman defence... where you just send SAM every play and leave Leggett to cover for him.

Anyone think Waggoner has the speed to do that?

Roberts-Fogg-Leggett/Loffler-Johnson-Jones

Wild-Bass-Waggoner/Leggett

To me, that's the least damaging lineup...

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Neufeld is in a walking boot apparently. 

Leggett isn't hurt, just taking a day off. Jace Davis is sick, feeling under the weather.

Randle is the biggest loss for sure. The rest? I honestly think we might be better off especially with Neufeld hurt on the Oline, means Bond probably gets a start

Bryant,Chungh,Goossen,Hardrick,Bond. Couture OL i'm sure. That's probably the best bet, I'd hope so at least. 

I thought I read somewhere that Chungh did not practice today, so not sure they can count on him.

6 hours ago, Floyd said:

I'm not saying start Corney because he's Cdn... I'm saying start him because he's earned it, played with more heart than either of our import DEs so far.

no but you have to have a ni to back up a NI other wise if one goes down mid game you lose a DI and have to shuffle the line up when your allready down bodies. 

Why don't coaches start rookie o linemen? Because they are afraid. LaBatte was good enough but the only reason he got to start was because Fat Sheridan got hurt. Why do we keep playing subpar Import o linemen when a non import might prove to be his equal or better?