Bomber Practice Updates

Floyd

10 hours ago, Floyd said:

Yes, everyone knows this (but traditional LB positions are changing fast)...  

My entire post was about using the SAM position as a hybrid like Etch did with Teague Sherman  - basically sending your SAM on a blitz on most plays to make up for their lack of coverage skills.  Burnett is a smallish speedy LB - a Lin-J Shell type.  No reason he can't play SAM in a pinch. 

Anyway, Leggett is back at practice so seems to be a moot point...

Randle is Leggett's backup at WIL, that way the problem is switched to the D-backfield where there are more options available.

12 hours ago, Floyd said:

This doesn't make sense... why wouldn't Waggoner be the in-game backup if Bass gets hurt?  You're fine with playing Morgan and Loffler but not Waggoner?  Waggoner is playing better on ST right now than Burnett...

All I'm saying is that if you're using a DI in your backfield, he better be ready to step in at any position... otherwise, carry an extra OL on the roster.

Here's a good example... let's say you re-sign Demond Washington cheap instead of letting him walk...  there you have WIL, SAM, HB, CB... not quite good enough to start but a very solid in-game replacement...

In what world is Demond Washington able to play both outside linebacker spots? SAM, I'll give you. WIL? Absolutely not.

I don't know where you're getting all these ideas about players ability to play positions they're not.

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

In what world is Demond Washington able to play both outside linebacker spots? SAM, I'll give you. WIL? Absolutely not.

I don't know where you're getting all these ideas about players ability to play positions they're not.

lol could you imagine Washington trying to bring down Messam on the line?