Everything posted by Yourface
-
2021 Grey Cup GDT - Bombers vs. Tiger-Cats
Guess I’m in the minority but I thought that was a great halftime show. Good energy. I’m sure it was even better live. Infinitely better than the kickoff show anyhow.
-
Vaccine Debate
I appreciate your opinion. My point is hostility from both sides should be condemned. Anyway, I believe I have said everything I wanted to say on this topic. Not interested in exchanging insults.
-
Vaccine Debate
Well maybe it's just me, but I don't want to live in a world where we are frowned upon for criticizing the government. To label those who do so as "uneducated, overly entitled narcissists who only care about themselves" is wrong. In their minds they are fighting for our freedoms, and therefore are doing the right thing. Insults only serve to antagonize in this context. You're right, my statement may have been too general. However in the context of the pandemic, there are plenty of statistics and expert opinions that support various viewpoints. Of course we won't all agree. It is silly to believe that we ever will. There is antisocial behaviour on both sides. It is fine to believe what you believe and argue accordingly, but an open mind is healthy, and hostility is not the answer.
-
Vaccine Debate
Facts can be found in support of any argument, in my opinion. Those that we gravitate to and choose to disseminate generally validate our own biases and feelings. I’m certainly guilty of that myself, despite my best efforts. As long as people believe they are doing the right thing for themselves and the people around them, I think they deserve a respectful dialogue. Anything else will not do any good.
-
Vaccine Debate
If people have a problem they should focus their attention on the government. Why attack a business that has no choice but to obey public health orders? People have become so hostile to one another, on both sides, and it is so disheartening. The world would be a much better place if we learned to understand each other’s differences and have respectful dialogue.
-
Vaccine Debate
Some food for thought: https://www.cihi.ca/en/covid-19-resources/impact-of-covid-19-on-canadas-health-care-systems/covid-19s-effect-on-hospital If you click on the xlsx file referenced in the above article, you will notice that there was a sometimes signifiant decrease in hospital activity across the board from March to November 2020 compared to 2019 (December was about the same). That includes overall admissions, ICU admissions, ventilator use, etc. I’d be curious to see how the 2019 numbers compare with early 2021 but I cannot find those numbers. The following report from 2014 (a more recent study would be welcomed) shows that Canadian ICUs in urban areas spend 45 to 51 days per year above capacity on average. https://secure.cihi.ca/free_products/ICU_Report_EN.pdf That being said, I certainly feel for health care workers in this difficult time (there are a few in my family), but I think that the increase in workload and stress levels have more to do with the change in protocols (having to separate COVID patients and non-COVID patients, having to sanitize/change equipment more often, more administrative work) and staffing levels (senior health care workers retiring early, more people calling in sick due to any little symptom, as they are asked to do) than anything else. There has been a shortage of nurses for as long as I can remember, and unfortunately these factors have only exacerbated the situation.
-
Vaccine Debate
Multiple studies show that the viral load is the same between a vaccinated and unvaccinated individual. While a vaccinated individual might be less likely to get infected, they are also more likely to walk around as asymptomatic carriers (especially considering they are seldom required to get tested anymore compared to the unvaccinated). There really is no need to be scared of the unvaccinated. The decisions they make only affect themselves. I say this as a fully vaccinated person myself. Keep in mind that these people think they’re doing mankind a favour by fighting for our freedom, and therefore do not believe that they are being selfish. And honestly, we need people like that in this world, who don’t just blindly trust the government with everything they ask us to do.
-
CFL News Conference in Montreal This Morning
The new owners don't speak French but they said the team president will speak the language fluently.
-
WF - GDT - Blue Bombers @ Roughriders
That play is called an incomplete pass 99% of the time. Don’t be silly
-
WF - GDT - Blue Bombers @ Roughriders
Y’all are so annoying with the constant whining about officiating... every single it’s the same story, as if the league has something against us LOL Anyway we were lucky to come away with the win tonight. Very well called game by the referees.
-
Game Day Thread: Week 15- Bombers @ Als, Khari Redux Edition
Also Jeff Hecht was absolutely useless in those last few drives, minus that one fortunate interception
-
Game Day Thread: Week 15- Bombers @ Als, Khari Redux Edition
This game serves as a lesson in humility. Pretty funny how arrogant everyone here was after the first half!
-
Regular Season Bomber News
#Bombers have released quarterback Kevin Anderson from the practice roster. Anderson asked for his release to explore other opportunities. — Darren Cameron (@Darren_Cameron) September 17, 2019
-
Selling two tickets to the Banjo Bowl
Section 225, row 27. DM if interested!
-
Regular Season Bomber News
You can't fine someone for making a legal play.
-
Regular Season Bomber News
It was an aggressive, but unfortunately legal hit. I don't believe it was meant to cause injury.
-
Regular Season Bomber News
Y'all are too sensitive. The league said that there is nothing in the rule book prohibiting this type of hit, and that they will look at ways to prevent this from happening in the future, which is exactly THE RIGHT THING TO DO. To be fair, it was kind of a freak accident, with Rempel's head hitting the turf the way it did. Had he simply fallen on his back, this wouldn't even be a point of discussion. I don't believe the hit was malicious in nature.
-
GDT - Bombers vs Esks
Hmm, perhaps you’re right. Strange that there is little mention of a dribbled ball in the rule book. For a safety to be scored, the rules state specifically that the ball has to be “carried, kicked, fumbled or otherwise directed from the Field of Play into the Goal Area by the team scored against”. That is not what happened on this play, hence the confusion.
-
GDT - Bombers vs Esks
I respectfully disagree with your assessment. Article 4, point 2 is exactly what happened on that play.
-
Week 3 Takeaways.
Winnipeg solid everywhere except QB play
-
GDT: Edmonton @ Winnipeg June 27, 2019
You make me laugh. Trevor Harris is so much better than Nichols it's not even a debate.
-
Matt Nichols Discredited Too Much? Passing Yards Are Meaningless
How much longer are we gonna wait though?? He's not getting any better. Just saying...
-
3 stars + HH week3 eskynogo
1. Lucky Whitehead 2. Jackson Jeffcoat 3. Winston Rose HH to Matt Nichols for helping to convince me that he does nothing for this team
-
Matt Nichols Discredited Too Much? Passing Yards Are Meaningless
Are you saying MATT NICHOLS is a championship calibre quarterback?? Sorry to break it to you but a Grey Cup will never be within reach with Mr. Game Manager at the helm.
-
Matt Nichols Discredited Too Much? Passing Yards Are Meaningless
Nichols is BAD -- definitely not a championship calibre QB. One of the most immobile QBs to have ever walked the face of the Earth. Some of the throws he makes, I wonder how he ever made it pro.