Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Atomic

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by Atomic

  1. Dan West played special teams... sorry I forgot to notice. At worst, we've already upgraded with Graig Newman. Ya good point who cares about special teams.
  2. Dead weight? When did Dan West become dead weight? We need guys like him. Our special teams took a huge hit this off-season losing Muamba, Labbe, and James Green. West is going to have to take on a big role on special teams this season.
  3. Which ones do you suggest? Who is out there? We have the most connected CIS guy in the league... they can find a couple more guys. I mean I suggest Brett Carter and Anthony Coombs but its not up to me. I just want more than three guys competing for two backup spots... especially when one of our starters gets injured almost every year. We are a little thin at NI receiver but I fully expect we will draft at least one. Probably with one of our third rounders or our fourth rounder. But I have no idea what that has to do with signing an import receiver. We can do both.
  4. Very interesting comments unknown poster. I am a very casual WWE fan and had no idea what the WWE network was at first. The only reason I know now is because my friend got it and explained to me what it is.
  5. Pennywise on Monday
  6. So a fifth rounder who doesn't become a starter but is a special teams stud, is a bad draft pick?
  7. This is a bad idea because all the answers will be the same. "From our point of view, it was the right call. I haven't seen the film yet. We trust our guys on the field to get it right." Over, and over, and over again.
  8. Sask and Calgary with the highest percentages... No surprise there! Not hard to see why they're the best teams in the league.
  9. I'd be surprised if the home opener doesn't sell out too.
  10. I think it's all mental at this point. A stiff breeze kills these guys' confidence. Gotta blow it up. It's the only way.
  11. Ain't no way Kelly wins that WR spot unless Walters and co. have really bungled their scouting this off-season.
  12. You know what, I agree with pretty much everything you're saying. I'd move Morley to Centre and draft Evan Gill or Quinn Smith to help out on defence, rather than gamble on the #2 pick becoming our starting centre. But what I'm saying is that IF they truly believe that Goossen can step in and be our starting centre, then the scouting bureau rankings really shouldn't matter... a starting centre is worth the second overall pick no matter how you slice it.
  13. Last year you were quite vocal about wanting us to draft number 10 ranked Mike Edem second overall, but this year number 9 ranked Goossen isn't good enough for second overall. I think you're just picking and choosing when you want to believe the rankings and when you don't.
  14. The rankings are meaningless. If Bob Wylie and the coaching staff think Goossen can come in and start for us in year one, then he is worth the second overall pick. That's really all there is to it. That's why they brought him in for a workout instead of just searching "scouting bureau rankings" on Google.
  15. How so? All it does is take away one import backup. Not ideal of course but definitely do-able and worth it if he is better than our other options. Also allows us to keep a couple extra Canadians on the roster. If he handles both duties and gets us an extra five yards every play, it makes sense... If Newman and Bucknor perform, that helps... If Watson, Stephan, Alexander stay healthy... lots of ifs Otherwise, I'd rather burn all three DIs on defence I get what you're saying but there are always going to be ifs. What if Renaud has another bad year? What if Hajrullahu isn't ready? To me, this is just covering all your bases and giving yourself options. Nobody has said we are going to use an American kicker for sure. But is nice to have a good one around if our Canadians can't do the job. I still think Hajrullahu/Renaud is Plan A.
  16. How so? All it does is take away one import backup. Not ideal of course but definitely do-able and worth it if he is better than our other options. Also allows us to keep a couple extra Canadians on the roster.
  17. No i'm not upset about your facts because you didn't post any...which was the whole reason I responded to your post. Doesn't even make sense. When you have something worthwhile to add, feel free. Because trying to shout down any opinion that doesn't line up with yours is just juvenile.
  18. I would like to see us try and draft Alexander Fox. I believe he is the best receiver in this draft but he will fall due to being 5'8". He can play. Would be a nice pick in the 4th round.
  19. Maybe you're just upset because my facts don't line up with what you want to believe? Someone called Sam Katz a criminal earlier in the thread. What crime has he been convicted of? How come you didn't get upset about that one?
  20. Limits which can be up to 12 years long depending on the member. Not surprisingly, Asper qualifies for this upper limit and will be on the Board long after the rest of the members' terms have ended. And the guy with the second-most pull, Gene Dunn, is next up to retire (wow what a coincidence), leaving the Board fully under Asper's control. Rabb would be a good thing for the Board, the reason they are giving for rejecting him is a total red herring. It is 100% political. Asper doesn't like Rabb, so he doesn't get on the board. It really is that simple. And where is your evidence to support what you state as a fact? What do you want, an audio recording of Asper saying he doesn't like the guy? Obviously I do not have such a thing.
  21. But then you can point to O'Shea's emphasis on ST's. If we have one guy handling both jobs kicking and Wild as the longsnapper again, we'll have extra bodies available on D, they'll just have to be Canadian. True, it'd just be so unorthodox. Our Canadian depth scares me as it is. Our first rounder likely isn't going to contribute on D. I just don't know where those bodies would come from. Rene Stephan might work until he gets injured in the first half of week 1 We'll have a shot at a decent backup linebacker in round 3 I think. I don't know what we're going to do with our picks, but I could see us landing Travis Bent or Max Caron. Maybe even Beau Landry if he drops further than expected.
  22. Limits which can be up to 12 years long depending on the member. Not surprisingly, Asper qualifies for this upper limit and will be on the Board long after the rest of the members' terms have ended. And the guy with the second-most pull, Gene Dunn, is next up to retire (wow what a coincidence), leaving the Board fully under Asper's control. Rabb would be a good thing for the Board, the reason they are giving for rejecting him is a total red herring. It is 100% political. Asper doesn't like Rabb, so he doesn't get on the board. It really is that simple.
  23. Immigrants! I knew it was them. Even when it was the bears, I knew it was them.
  24. Brian Simmons in Hamilton is in the mix for #4 as well. Joel Figueroa - their RT - is a fine player as well. Not top tier yet, but could be in the next year or two. Good call on Figueroa. He was a beast for them at the end of last season.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.