Free Agency (Trying to be Positive)

rebusrankin

See now Bourke is a guy that you could justify over spending on. That being said, not sure you can overspend on easily the best non import left tackle in the CFL.

I thought Bourke was a guard. If he plays left tackle, what would we do with January?

Move him to right tackle... he's played there before anyways.  Or relegate him to backup and start 5 NI OL.

See now Bourke is a guy that you could justify over spending on. That being said, not sure you can overspend on easily the best non import left tackle in the CFL.

How old is Bourke....

He's 31.

Established in Montreal. Be hard to pry him out... We would have to overpay because he has roots in that city. Can't see that happening. 

Yeah, right. Thanks as I forgot. Probably also established  in Montreal.... Or Vancouver. Hard to pry Canadian CFL vets out of their cities if they have played there for a long time. have to pay significantly more. No hometown discount.

True but if we are saving money on a QB, and Henoc goes to the NFL, I imagine we'll have some cash to throw around. We need Canadian starters. By my count, if things stay the way they are, there are 6 Canadian starters from other teams that will hit free agency... Bourke, Laurent, Butler, Myddelton, Kohlert, and Emry. It would be nice to land one or more of those names.

Yeah, right. Thanks as I forgot. Probably also established  in Montreal.... Or Vancouver. Hard to pry Canadian CFL vets out of their cities if they have played there for a long time. have to pay significantly more. No hometown discount.

True but if we are saving money on a QB, and Henoc goes to the NFL, I imagine we'll have some cash to throw around. We need Canadian starters. By my count, if things stay the way they are, there are 6 Canadian starters from other teams that will hit free agency... Bourke, Laurent, Butler, Myddelton, Kohlert, and Emry. It would be nice to land one or more of those names.

I wouldn't say Myddleton is a starting quality OL.  Maybe for Ottawa.

I wouldn't say Myddleton is a starting quality OL.  Maybe for Ottawa.

That's ok then, we can trade his ass for Glenn, although Ottawa may already have one ass too many.

(Burris - the new volley begins)