Miller gets the big picture

Mr. Perfect

A couple of notes from a Sun article from Thursday. Miller's quote is refreshing and what knowledgeable fans have been saying since Tuesday: http://www.winnipegsun.com/2014/02/05/miller-moving-forward-after-missing-on-burris

"You're not going to give that kind of compensation to somebody that's got a year or two left," Miller said Wednesday at the CFL Congress in the nation's capital. "I know our fans are educated and intelligent and will be able to see that and know that."

There were rumblings Wednesday that the Bombers are talking trade with the Roughriders to get quarterback Drew Willy's rights before he hits the free agent market on Tuesday

Also an interesting quote from Walters at the end of the Muamba article: http://www.winnipegsun.com/2014/02/05/losing-muamba-just-salt-in-the-wound-for-blue-bombers

"In free agency we're going to explore the possibility of potentially getting three quality starting Canadian receivers in here, too," he said.

Let the speculation begin. I'm thinking Kohlert, and Arthur but I'm not sure who he'd be eyeing as a third Canadian receiver. Regardless, it doesn't seem Walters will be sitting with his thumb up his ass like Mack did during free agency.

First part of article is damage control by Miller.  Can't blame him for that.  Bombers lost out on Plan A and now Plan B.  Plan C I would presume is Glenn or Willy or both.  Will be interesting to see what happens in the next week.... 

As for the three receivers - Watson, Kohlert and Parker as iso was saying.  Could argue with the quality starting receiver bit with one of those, but again i don't blame Miller for trying to sell that.  Backups and potential starter would be Jade I guess.  Wonder how much the Bombers sign him for next season?  Or will he walk?

I know they want to bring Alli into camp.

Could be Poblah 2.0 but could also be a starting NI receiver right out of the gate.

Can you explain why you are so high on him? He's got lots of raw talent and great tools, physical measurables, and is a former basketball player. But hasn't done much at the college football level.

Really not excited about starting three NI receivers if that's what he means...  If Forzani is healthy, he is really the only guy of interest.  Anthony Parker is another Poblah.

Sure hope that Walter is not set with Cauchy and Bucknor at Safety... Defence is our best chance to win games this year...

It seems for a period of a few years the Bombers were more concerned about/distracted by the new stadium etc than they were about the product on the field. Now that the stadium is a reality I hope Miller understands that the product on the field is the new priority. 

I remember when Joe Mack understood the 'big picture' back in 2010...

Well hey, head down to IGF and tell Miller you're looking for a job. Be sure to tell him you clearly know better than him and Walters on how to properly run this team.

Whoa, Mr. Defensive, that wasn't a shot at Miller - i like the guy.  Just sayin', that line just brought back memories of three years of hearing the 'you don't understand, Joe Mack is looking at the big picture... if you know how to run the team, why don't you do it...'

Glad that era's over.