Which week does O'Shea get canned?

Brandon

If I were to point fingers at anyone, it would be Walters and Co.  He has failed to bring in any breakout receiver, International Oline (a good one), any new QB's asside from Bennett, and some big fast D.

I already pointed out other issues before, but to me, this is the biggest one.  And if Willy isn't the QB we should be using, then it's up to him to get us players who can play.

Edited by Logan007

6 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

If I were to point fingers at anyone, it would be Walters and Co.  He has failed to bring in any breakout receiver, International Oline (a good one), any new QB's asside from Bennett, and some big fast D.

I already pointed out other issues before, but to me, this is the biggest one.  And if Willy isn't the QB we should be using, then it's up to him to get us players who can play.

Walters? Good luck with that.  I have zero confidence that he can do any of that.

Willy has just gotta hit a few of those big plays.  I am still hoping he is just in a slump from getting injured last year and once he hits a few of those big ones he will start to gain his confidence back.  I don't really see Nichols as a legitimate option... we pretty much have to hope that Willy figures it out soon.

2 hours ago, Root said:

Walters has turned into the proverbial Silent Joe while O'Shea and Willy fail miserably.

Wade Miller is obviously musing about both men's futures - but you can be sure he won't be sending any smoke signals to media until he actually pulls the trigger.

Silent Joe precedes Icy Joe and eventually you get this guy.

angry frustrated clint eastwood damn it gran torino

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

12 hours ago, 17to85 said:

but then they see the dead cat bounce and say "Oh, they got more out of the team, let's give them a chance" You are crazy if you think it would be any different this time around. If they fire MOS it'll be either Hall or Lapo getting a chance to coach this team next year and they've both been fired in their head coaching chances already. 

yes, that did happen in 2013.  It was quite the underwhelming GM search Wade Miller did even though he promised he would do his due dilligence which he didn't do when he hired Walters. Then Miller & Walter's even more underwhelming decision to bring in MOS in as HC. Those 3 running the Bombers. #blindleadingtheblindleadingtheblind

Edited by iso_55

5 hours ago, iso_55 said:

yes, that did happen in 2013.  It was quite the underwhelming GM search Wade Miller did even though he promised he would do his due dilligence which he didn't do when he hired Walters. Then Miller & Walter's even more underwhelming decision to bring in MOS in as HC. Those 3 running the Bombers. #blindleadingtheblindleadingtheblind

Even the most rigged of executive hires are always lip-loaded with the phrase "extensive due diligence".  In the end Walters was a panic hire - the public wouldn't have put up with any more Lyle Bauer, Jim Barker was unavailable, Roy Shivers was long in the tooth, John Murphy was a bit too audacious for the conservative board and Sunderland was just not on the radar. McManus would have been considered but good thing not to hire the guy - appears he's incapable of running a scouting dept., let alone a team.

While I think the G.M. and scouting departments are way more important than any head coach, I imagine O'Shea will be gone by mid-season at the latest if we don't chalk up some more wins.  Walters will know that the only way to save his job will be a turnaround, so he'll cut O'Shea loose sooner rather than later.  I know it's a longshot, but hopefully things can turn around and LaPo won't become our interim HC.  

8 hours ago, iso_55 said:

Is it any wonder why the Bombers will not release the 2016 season ticket count! IMHO it is akin to being on the Titanic and upon seeing the iceberg look up to the wheel house and see "Daffy Duck" steering the ship! Or more succinctly  trying to figure out which is smarter "Moe Larry or Curley"