Around The NHL 2016/2017

4 hours ago, Ducky said:

Would you let Kaner go for nothing if you were the GM?

Murray is shopping him for sure but what are you going to get for him now?

Trade him to the Nucks for whatever you can get.

Just getting him off the payroll and out of the dressing room is payment enough for me. But boy does the Sabres-Jets trade look very good on Chevy now. Always did IMO. 

37 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Lots of unhappiness over hull though. 

From who and why?  First Jets goal I ever saw live was Bobby scoring his 999th career professional goal on a slap shot against the Cincinnati Stingers in 1978.  Been a huge Jets fan ever since.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

20 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

From who and why?  First Jets goal I ever saw live was Bobby scoring his 999th career professional goal on a slap shot against the Cincinnati Stingers in 1978.  Been a huge Jets fan ever since.

There are people in Chicago also claiming the Blackhawks should take down the statue of Hull.  Why?  Apparently he is a racist woman abuser.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/05/05/bernstein-blackhawks-now-must-fire-bobby-hull/

Hull’s second wife, Joanne, whom he wed in 1960 and divorced in 1980, told an ESPN documentary in 2002 that she “took a real beating” at his hands. She described an incident during which Hull “threw me in the room, and just proceeded to knock the heck out of me. He took my shoe – with a steel heel – and proceeded to hit me in the head. I was covered with blood. And I can remember him holding me over the balcony, and I thought this is the end, I’m going.”

She filed to end the marriage in 1970 after several more incidents, but they reconciled until Hull threatened her with a loaded shotgun in 1978. Their daughter, Michelle, also described his pattern of behavior to “Sports Century,” and she now works as an attorney specializing in domestic violence.

He remarried in 1984, but the incidents of physical abuse continued for new wife Deborah. Hull was arrested in the parking lot of their Willowbrook condominium in 1986 during a violent domestic altercation, and was eventually convicted for taking a swing at an intervening police officer. Willowbrook Police Chief Steven List said “there was evidence he had struck his wife in the face. She had some contusions, some swelling.”

Good thing for Hull there are no YouTube videos of him doing risquésketch-satire about sports, huh? He might then be running afoul of Rocky Wirtz’s welcoming embrace.

In 1998, Hull spoke out on behalf of the Nazis and against the speed of growth of the black population in the US, telling the English-language Moscow Times that “Hitler, for example, had some good ideas. He just went a little bit too far.”

Asked if this stance might be described as racist, he replied “I don’t give a damn. I’m not running for any political office.”

He denied making the comments, later blustering about lawsuits that were never adjudicated.

Yeah. I think there is the sense though that if you pay for your crimes you should have the opportunity for redemption.  If Hull was an alcoholic who did awful things in fits of drunken stupors, and admitted it and got help and recovered there is an angle where people want him to be redeemed. 

When I heard this I instinctively cringed. It's hard though.  He was such a big part of the Jets and his issues are largely ignored by mainstream media. 

Again I think I'd prefers they just skip Hull. 

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I prefer they honor Hull the hockey player for all of us old timers and let the PC morons and milenienials cry and whine about his personal issues from 30 years ago. 

So if a great hockey player beat your daughter or mother or sister for years you'd still Honor his on ice achievements?  

Its a relevant opinion but you defeat your point by insulting the opposing but equally relevant opinion.  

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

So if a great hockey player beat your daughter or mother or sister for years you'd still Honor his on ice achievements?  

Its a relevant opinion but you defeat your point by insulting the opposing but equally relevant opinion.  

Oh barf.  You defeat your point by assuming I care.  Like I said, honor the player, and let the idiots debate the person. 

11 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Oh barf.  You defeat your point by assuming I care.  Like I said, honor the player, and let the idiots debate the person. 

Well you're clearing showing who the idiot is with a statement like that. If you don't care don't take part in the discussion. If all you can do is insult people you have nothing to say anyway. 

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Well you're clearing showing who the idiot is with a statement like that. If you don't care don't take part in the discussion. If all you can do is insult people you have nothing to say anyway. 

Actually its quite clear to me who the idiots are in this discussion, and they really do have nothing to say when it comes to Bobby Hull the hockey player.  Sorry but I am so sick of this PC crap.