Around The NHL 2016/2017

27 minutes ago, Brandon said:

It seems that after every trade in the NHL... somebody rips into Chevy for not making a move for that guy.   I don't understand why the Jets have to acquire every single player in the league?

Boy would that make it easier to beat the other teams!!

If we were in the market for a new keeper, which we're not, I would have rather had Reimer.

Reimer would have been a nice trade for Pavs... but just for sentimental value...

Only goalies that were worth going after in the last few years are Martin Jones and Cam Talbot.  Chevy could have signed one of them and still kept Pavs, there was cap space...

Still would have liked to see Hamhuis here - really want a steady D core to make sure Helle succeeds.

Hamhuis wouldn't sign here anyway. He wanted to go to a contender in the west or stay in Vancouver. Jets were never an option even if they had interest which I don't think they did. 

Edited by Goalie

11 hours ago, Brandon said:

It seems that after every trade in the NHL... somebody rips into Chevy for not making a move for that guy.   I don't understand why the Jets have to acquire every single player in the league?

I just want a starting goalie better then Pavelec and I dont think Cyclops is it.

Tough break for Ice Caps. Just a difficult location to make work I guess 

ST. JOHN’S, NL (July 11, 2016) – The St. John’s IceCaps organization confirmed today it remains committed to providing elite-level hockey to fans in Newfoundland and Labrador, despite the announcement today by the Montreal Canadiens that they plan to move their American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate to Laval, Quebec in the fall of 2017.

Im sure he meant its all about "money" in general.  IE. rich defendant can afford top notch lawyers and investigators to make prosecuting the case that much more difficult.  By law, prosecutions are not supposed to advance unless the state/crown have a reasonable expectation of victory.  When you have a lousy lawyer and no money, that becomes easier.