Around The NHL 2016/2017

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

i disagree with this perspective. Jets didn't make the playoffs last year. Seems to me they felt part of the issue was consistency. They are bringing in depth to cover for injuries and push other players. Make youth earn it

Yeah mediocre to bad forces a youth movement.

Mathias is a great signing. I'm surprised actually. 

Howden is depth and ahl but could push Thor to the press box and Peluso to waivers. 

Strait sucks but is probably ahl bound or plays the Pardy role. Depth for the depth 

Arctic Ice Hockey is always so negative now. It's almost like they expected the jets to sign someone to a ridiculous over payment but then they would complain also. I blocked them on twitter. Got annoyed by them 

Edited by Goalie

Anyone expecting the Jets to go out and overpay for free agents on long term deals will always be disappointed on July 1st. 

Isles will regret the Ladd signing in 4 years. Buffalo will regret the Okposo signing in 4 or 5 years. 

Wonder if they are done now or if they are still looking at some LHD.

Mathias is a very good value signing. I kinda feel jet will be shopping around Lowry Copp stafford.

Interesting to note when Chevy was asked about do you sew Mathias as a 3rd line center he mentioned he sees him as a guy who can play wing also and specifically mentioned perrault and Burmi as potential centers in the organization. 

Lowry And Copp not mentioned 

Edited by Goalie

5 hours ago, Ducky said:

That's funny because yesterday you wanted them to sign Okposo.

Yup but not to a ridiculous bonus laden contract that he got. I'm not sure that you should be calling ppl out about things tho seeing as tho everyday you make fantasy trades and new lineups 

50 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Yup but not to a ridiculous bonus laden contract that he got. I'm not sure that you should be calling ppl out about things tho seeing as tho everyday you make fantasy trades and new lineups 

Making a trade proposal is a bit different than saying one thing and then turning around saying the exact opposite the next day

1 hour ago, Tony Fresco said:

According to Cap Friendly, Jets sign Jamie Philips (2 years @ 675K) and re-sign Julien Melchiori (2 years @ 625K).

Nice they don't lose Philips for nothing, although he is still down the depth chart.  Likely to spend time in the ECHL this year.

Tulsa bound. Probably replacing Jussi Olkinuora.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

http://www.tsn.ca/report-kane-faces-non-criminal-harassment-charges-1.522906

According to The Buffalo News, Sabres forward Evander Kane is facing non-criminal harassment charges following two altercations that took place on June 24 inside and outside of a Buffalo bar.

According to police, the charges are based on witness statements and video surveillance. 

Police reports say Kane allegedly grabbed three different women - one by the throat, attempting to push her into his car and a second by the arm, trying to force her out of the bar.

A third woman was allegedly grabbed by the hair and throat but has failed to come forward to press charges.

Kane maintains that he did not do anything wrong

Interesting if the video showed any of this why he's be subject to such minor charges. More details from yahoo

facing “non-criminal harassment charges” after a June 24 incident involving two women at a local club called Bottoms Up, police sources told The Buffalo News on Thursday.

Police said the charges are based on witness statements and surveillance camera footage, and that several of Kane’s Sabres teammates were also at the bar that night. Police said a misdemeanor charge was unlikely as “proving intent to impede breathing or blood flow in the neck would be difficult.”

From the News, the incidents in question were:

In the first incident at 3:11 a.m. police stated:

“… While inside Bottoms Up nightclub, suspect threatened complainant and made derogatory comments to her. While outside … suspect grabbed complainant around the throat and tried pushing her into his car.”

In the second incident at 3:15 a.m., police stated:

“… that while inside Bottoms Up, suspect grabbed her by the arms and tried forcing her out of the bar.”

It is unknown if Kane was intoxicated at the time of the incidents, the police sources said. Kane, who is 6-foot-2 and 205 pounds, tried to engage the bouncer in a physical confrontation, the sources said.

There is a third woman that Kane allegedly harassed who hasn’t come forward to press charges or meet with police, according to the News. But the incident was also caught on video. From the News:

“He yanks the unknown woman by the hair and pulls her down and then grabs her around the neck in the area by the bar door,” the police source said. “She has not come forward.”

Kane is represented by attorney Paul J. Cambria. Evander Kane, we mean – for clarity’s sake, Cambria was also Patrick Kane’s attorney last year when police were investigating sexual assault accusations against the Chicago Blackhawks player.

Said Cambria to the Buffalo News:

“Evander steadfastly maintains that he did not do anything wrong. We have seen the videos and they do not support that Kane did anything wrong,” Cambria said. “I am sick and tired of anonymous sources making inflammatory allegations. If you claim something happened, don’t hide in the shadows. Anonymous sources are worthless. The courtroom is where the truth comes out.”

Since the violations are not of a criminal nature, he won’t be fingerprinted nor will there be a mug shot.

Pavelec has 1 year left. Hutch has signed for 2. Helle is RFA after this year and will get a shot to take the starters job out of camp. If he does, regardless of if he does, Pavelec is done as a JET, this is the last year Pavelec will be a Jet. I'm not convinced he's even a Jet this year, i think it's very possible they bury him in the minors for the year... It wouldn't surprise me one bit...

Don't need Bernier, Don't need any goalie really, we have Helle, he's our future, a certain person should probably just accept that. He's gonna be the guy, It's gonna be the Helle and Comrie show in a couple years time.