Patrik Laine

Ducky

I actually knew the Jets were 100% certainly taking Laine because my inside source with the team (Hank the Jets laundry/towel boy and his good friend Arney, who meets with Hank every Friday night at the downtown Second Cup for updates) told me that weeks ago ...

They are similar.  Both will be very good. Columbus took a guy who projects more as a center in their opinion something they are lacking. Laine more sniper. Puljujarvi more set up but can score also. Really a lot closer than ppl think. Oilers got a very very good player.  Had a hard time watching tho.... sportsnet aka leafsnet is pretty awful 

Edited by Goalie

3 hours ago, IC Khari said:

I actually knew the Jets were 100% certainly taking Laine because my inside source with the team (Hank the Jets laundry/towel boy and his good friend Arney, who meets with Hank every Friday night at the downtown Second Cup for updates) told me that weeks ago ...

I have a connection at Joseph Abboud.  Knew Chevy bought a new blue tie.

well this is a good sign - if he was a total prima donna jerk like some of us feared he might be, I doubt he shows up at a golf tournament for a kids charity (even if it's a Jets function) only 4 days after being drafted.  But we shall see.  Good on him for showing up to support his new team and meet his team-mates.  Even though Laine is a big boy, he still looks small next to Scheif.  He's still got some filling out to do in the upper body, kind of looks like Scheif did back when he was 18! :)

I think it was obvious the "arrogance" stuff was Laine having fun with the hype and maybe playing to the media overseas.  He's said all the right things since being here including dodging the stupid question asked at the draft about whether Toronto picked the wrong guy.  I have zero concerns about Laine's attitude.  I dont know what prompted him to immediately come to Winnipeg, but the fact he showed up at the golf tourney would strike me as a the right type of guy for this community.

Plus, good to see Laine and Scheif spending time together.  I look forward to Scheif eventually 100 points feeding Laine's 50 goals.

He's playing in the world cup also. No need to have him on the ice at developmental camp.  

Poolman will be there tho. Connor also. 4 goalies all unsigned free agents. Couple interesting college d men also. Along with Niku Kostalek  and a few others