Random News Items

Rich

56 minutes ago, Rich said:

I love this city... honest!

I'm glad this writer was able to go on a whirlwind tour of some of the most sanitized/manicured experiences a tourist can hope for while still getting a frank and honest tour of Higgins and Main, Bear Clan HQ, and some unscripted encounters to solidify the Winnipeg experience... "A man veered across the sidewalk, yelling at the air in front of him. Experiences like that make some people feel unsafe downtown...", a common every day experience that any common puff piece might have glossed over or omitted.

Good read, I love the optimism for the future of Winnipeg (I need more of this myself), it's always nice when a visitor leaves with a generally positive impression.

I don't know where to put this so I'll put it here.

Just read that Roger Stone denied an audio of him saying nefarious things by claiming it was chatgpt.

It's getting so easy to distort, distract and move on with little consequence.

We're doomed. 

My motivational speech for the day.

23 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

This news story is making its way around the world now,   good job SQ.   

It is not illegal to take a photo OR post a photo of someone who is in public and/or where no reasonable expectation of privacy is assumed.   Someone who is stealing a package from your front porch would fall under that category.

If a thief were to try to make a case of defamation ,  they would have to admit guilt in stealing the package.    

I believe what SQ is trying to avoid is people being vigilantes and/or if someone were to post false information and a witch hunt is created on an innocent party.   So in some aspects they are correct.  

But to suggest not posting porch pirate videos online at all is just silly.   

On the local facebook group that I'm in, people posting car thieves and porch pirates has helped out quite a bit in at least scaring some people away and/or catching them.   It's far more effective for someone to post a clear photo on Facebook where the general public instantly gets the picture so that they can look out themselves rather then calling WPS and three weeks later they finally send out a message.   

Just my 2 cents.  

• 2 weeks later...

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

I can't wait until he claims he's poor and can't pay it.

I just saw that if he appeals and of course if will that he has to bond out the 83.5M so when he loses the appeal the ruling gets paid out. As for being poor the rubes are paying his legal fees