Players really out and about in the community lately

This has been a thing since the start of the Lapo era, actually. Really getting out to communities to try and drum up support with kids, and create lifelong fans. It's been a big part of the organization for awhile, and it's great to see. There are WAY too many Rider fans in MB, and they need to start creating more lifelong Bombers fans...

35 minutes ago, Noeller said:

This has been a thing since the start of the Lapo era, actually. Really getting out to communities to try and drum up support with kids, and create lifelong fans. It's been a big part of the organization for awhile, and it's great to see. There are WAY too many Rider fans 

Fixed Your Post

Good on the players and the organization for doing this.  There's been so much to complain about in the past few years, and I am really proud to be a Bomber fan when I see the commitment of the players on and off the field like this.  I remember when the Bombers came to my home town to play a broomball game.  Even if most of the players were fringe guys it was all the community could talk about for weeks.  Small things go a long way in the rural towns.

14 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Good on the players and the organization for doing this.  There's been so much to complain about in the past few years, and I am really proud to be a Bomber fan when I see the commitment of the players on and off the field like this.  I remember when the Bombers came to my home town to play a broomball game.  Even if most of the players were fringe guys it was all the community could talk about for weeks.  Small things go a long way in the rural towns.

This ^.  I remember in elementry school we used to do a pancake breakfast for festival du voyager and would get a bomber or 2 to come out,  it was a big deal. It really does mean a lot for the kids when local celebs take the time to visit, no matter what the occasion or reason. It's the little things that leave lasting impressions and can really do nothing but good things for the team and community

5 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

terry

That woman needs to buy a No-No hair removal kit asap.  She must be Jamie Farr's sister.  And $45 was a lot of money back then.  You would have to be pretty serious about that jumpsuit to plunk down that kind of dough.

A big no to the male version of the jump suit, but I'm liking the female one.

I don't know if visiting schools and reading books is anything really new,   my niece had players visit her school about 5 years ago to read books. 

I do remember Chris Walby several times being my substitute gym teacher way back in the day and that was definitely a memorable experience as a kid.