Buck Pierce to be named QB coach

Blueballz

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Marcus Brady is another one. Everyone wanted that guy it seemed and he didn't accomplish **** as a qb. 

Just can't equate what a player did on the field to what he might do as a coach. Good luck to Buck. May he do well & become an OC someday..

41 minutes ago, Blueballz said:

Just watched his press conference...

It seemed like he had a tough time at times getting words out, is that a side effect of the concussions? If so I am pulling for the guy even more now to be successful! Go Buck!!

Yep, just like how well Dunigan has done in his post-QB career. Gotta like it.

On 2/3/2016 at 0:02 PM, B-F-F-C said:

This statement makes no sense.   You're not a fan of him as a person?   You not a fan of him as a QB coach?   

Football has little to do with the person you are. Plenty of bad guys whove been great and beloved. Clearly hes saying he doesnt care for buck as a professional. He was a crappy qb and hasnt been a game breaking coach so its understandable to feel meh a bout it. He could turn out to be a really good coach despite his playing career ala marcus brady. 

11 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Football has little to do with the person you are. Plenty of bad guys whove been great and beloved. Clearly hes saying he doesnt care for buck as a professional. He was a crappy qb and hasnt been a game breaking coach so its understandable to feel meh a bout it. He could turn out to be a really good coach despite his playing career ala marcus brady. 

I have yet to meet a 'game breaking' running backs coach...

6 hours ago, Blueballz said:

Just watched his press conference...

It seemed like he had a tough time at times getting words out, is that a side effect of the concussions? If so I am pulling for the guy even more now to be successful! Go Buck!!

I think that's just Buck's style, but I tell ya, he sure is hard to listen to. 

Found this interview from 2006 and his speaking style is much the same.

http://www.bclions.com/2006/09/26/buck-pierce-post-practice-sept-26/

27 minutes ago, Blueballz said:

I have yet to meet a 'game breaking' running backs coach...

Go back and read charles roberts interviews talking about his RBs coach at sac state and the impact he had. Or go back and look at the denver broncos and their ability to turn out highly productive runners out of nobodys. The first move the tought combined with the angle  and running philosophy had huge impacts. Its certainly not a heralded position, but nor is any position coach. But it does hold great importance to improvement. 

12 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Go back and read charles roberts interviews talking about his RBs coach at sac state and the impact he had. Or go back and look at the denver broncos and their ability to turn out highly productive runners out of nobodys. The first move the tought combined with the angle  and running philosophy had huge impacts. Its certainly not a heralded position, but nor is any position coach. But it does hold great importance to improvement. 

Buck's resume as a RB coach should hold minimal weight as to how he should do as a QB coach, a position he knows.

It was more or less to help get him transitioned to being a coach.

10 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:
10 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I believe suffered from serious stuttering and worked to overcome it. So when he struggles a bit its that infliction that he is overcoming.  If you know anyone who suffers it's pretty awful. Buck has worked hard to overcome it. 

I believe suffered from serious stuttering and worked to overcome it. So when he struggles a bit its that infliction that he is overcoming.  If you know anyone who suffers it's pretty awful. Buck has worked hard to overcome it. 

Well there you have it.  Good for Buck.

My aunt grew up on a farm near Rossburn. When she was a child she got a little too close to a cantankerous horse who got jittered & kicked her in the head suffering brain damage. She had a terrible stutter the rest of her life. She couldn't put any sentences together without getting stuck on a word(s). Being the 1920's & living on an isolated farm she got absolutely no help with her brain injury or speech. My grandparents had come over a decade earlier from Russia. They couldn't speak English & probably had no idea that there may have been help for my aunt. Probably wouldn't have been able to afford help for her anyway. It is terrible to see a person go through that, yes. 

24 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

My aunt grew up on a farm near Rossburn. When she was a child she got a little too close to a cantankerous horse who got jittered & kicked her in the head suffering brain damage. She had a terrible stutter the rest of her life. She couldn't put any sentences together without getting stuck on a word(s). Being the 1920's & living on an isolated farm she got absolutely no help with her brain injury or speech. My grandparents had come over a decade earlier from Russia. They couldn't speak English & probably had no idea that there may have been help for my aunt. Probably wouldn't have been able to afford help for her anyway. It is terrible to see a person go through that, yes. 

Wow! That's tough for your Aunt and her family, Iso. Whether it be by accident, stroke, or concussion, brain injuries are devastating and leave us feeling so helpless.

14 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

And its been mentioned more then a few times around here as well.. 

16 hours ago, Blueballz said:

Buck's resume as a RB coach should hold minimal weight as to how he should do as a QB coach, a position he knows.

It was more or less to help get him transitioned to being a coach.

it was a small sample size and a strange position for him to coach. The question is will he be better qb coach then he was a qb.

Some loose twitters..
- Ted Laurent is going to get paid big for sure. One of top interior men in #CFL, regardless of nationality.
- Lawless - Interesting to see if some agents overshot #cflfa marketplace. Hearing some big numbers in terms of asks. Expect prices to crash on Day 2
- Brent Butt (Corner Gas) Today is a huge day for people who think you need 4 goddam downs to move a ball 10 yards.
- Sources say #Ticats Stephen’s new deal similar to 3 yr contract of #Argos Cdn safety Matt Black (avg of $175K a season). - @JDunk12 #CFL
- @garylawless Sounding more and more like #Argos Cleon Laing is going to @NFL and won't be part of Tuesday's #CFLFA frenzy. #CFL