Game 46 : Avs @ Jets

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Story so far...

-Monday 7PM local

-Helle to start, Hutch running out of NHL paychecks

-Lowry/Stafford out, Cormier/Lipon called up

Cormier...more chances then a crooked roulette table

i think we missed the boat on shopping hutch a year or 2 ago (more so last year before pav reclaimed his crease). I think around the time Hutch last played well we discussed the Pav/Hutch who do you play, what do you do with Hellebuyck who was being hyped as the future (from afar of course) i guess the time has come.

one poster called it tho, said by mid way point this year it would be Hellebuycks crease, not sure who tho

Time for bed. Gotta go to the airport early tomorrow to catch a flight with my lady for 2 weeks in the sun. But. Petan was late for practice with Kostalek and was healthy scratched for a game because of it. Also. Probably don't want Petan or De Leo called up to play 4th line minutes. I'm guessing copp plays on the third line and Cormier and Lipon will be on the 4th. Honestly I'm not even convinced Cormier will dress tho. 

Ladd little wheeler 

Armia Perreault Ehlers 

Then mix and match the rest 

Edited by Goalie

7 hours ago, Goalie said:

Time for bed. Gotta go to the airport early tomorrow to catch a flight with my lady for 2 weeks in the sun. But. Petan was late for practice with Kostalek and was healthy scratched for a game because of it. Also. Probably don't want Petan or De Leo called up to play 4th line minutes. I'm guessing copp plays on the third line and Cormier and Lipon will be on the 4th. Honestly I'm not even convinced Cormier will dress tho. 

Ladd little wheeler 

Armia Perreault Ehlers 

Then mix and match the rest 

So you really think that being late for one practice...which has been dealt with...would stop them from being called up? What a joke!

Wow, how do you pass on DeLeo or Petan and call up Cormier...  So weird.  Must just be extra bodies.

I think I would try before anything else...

Ehlers-Little-Wheeler

Ladd-Perrault-Armia

Thorburn-Burmistrov-Halischuk

Lipon-Copp-Peluso

But that's still pretty ugly...

8 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Wow, how do you pass on DeLeo or Petan and call up Cormier...  So weird.  Must just be extra bodies.

I think I would try before anything else...

Ehlers-Little-Wheeler

Ladd-Perrault-Armia

Thorburn-Burmistrov-Halischuk

Lipon-Copp-Peluso

But that's still pretty ugly...

You pass on De Leo & Petan b/c we need bottom of the lineup guys. Cormier likely sits and Lipon will be on the 4th line. Top 3 lines will likely be the same as they were last game.

Lipon is a great choice for a call-up. The guy works his tail off with the Moose and plays the hard nosed game we need in the bottom 6.  I didn't think he looked overly out of place during the preseason either. Other reason you call him up: He's played 150+ games in the AHL for us. Dues have been paid.

Petan & De Leo need top 6 mins and are getting it with the Moose. Let them keep progressing as pros... plenty of time for these two.

That was a good Jet game. Sometimes you're going win 1-0, sometimes you're going to lose 2-1. It's unfortunate that the Jets can't afford a loss like this. But it wasn't from a lack of effort. From both teams.

Good goaltending. From both teams.

The difference? One power play goal and 21 blocked shots by Colorado. 21

Wheeler led all Jets with 10 shots.

Byfuglien had 26:45 of ice time.

Once again, the line of Armia, Perreault and Ehlers stirred the ice. They are exciting.

The Jets played disciplined and had no penalties. Oh, they were penalized twice, once for a phantom trip, and another for skating to the puck, but they played deserved no penalties.

But 0 points for good effort...