Game 46 : Avs @ Jets

I think you need control of it unless they have changed the rule.

Pretty good game by the Jets tonight but came out of it with no points...I think the garbage, dirty goals are missing and nobody is really standing in front. I'd put Buff out there on the PP and replace him on the point with Myers or Trouba until Scheif gets back.

I thought they dominated 3/4 of the 1st period and almost all of the 3rd period.

Wheeler had one of his better games of the year. The APE line looked really good and it was nice to see Armia get a goal as I thought he deserved it. Armia is going to be fun to watch when he puts it all together in a couple of years...dangerous with the puck tonight. I thought their goalie played well, as did the D corps as a unit. Special teams is what everyone will say kept this team out of the playoffs this year.

Edited by Ducky

9 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Curious on that first goal by the avs, there was a delayed penalty coming to the jets, hellebuyck made an initial pad save, and therebound got put in the net. Does a player on the penalized team need control of the puck before play is whistled dead, or just touch the puck?

If the goalie makes a kick save or toe save and the puck stays active, it is not considered possession and play continues.
If the goalie makes a secure glove save or covers up the puck it is considered possession, resulting in a stoppage of play where the penalty is then assessed.